Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 09:02 AM

144 posts, read 342,480 times

Advertisements

I know this is about the 100th post in the first 5 pages of this forum regarding advice on moving, but each person has different needs and I don't want to hijack someone's post. So I apologize in advance.

We are a family of 4 with a 4 yo and 2 yo looking to get out of South Bend, we just miss what mid-size Metro's have to offer. We really were looking for some advice on where to start looking in the Louisville metro area that can offer easy access to public transportation to different areas of the city, good school systems, and city neighborhood type feel. I have no real budget in mind at this point as it isn't a major issue, but I am a bit of a thrifty person so I like to keep my rent/mortgage payments low, while keeping my family in a safe area. I would also prefer my kids not grow up in a stark white, we are white, school system/neighborhood as I think being around different cultures helps kids grow up more open and less scared of the world.

We plan to visit some different cities in mid-April to get a feel, look for work for my wife, and look at housing. Thanks in advance for any advice you have to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 12:31 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,747,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoelfe View Post
I know this is about the 100th post in the first 5 pages of this forum regarding advice on moving, but each person has different needs and I don't want to hijack someone's post. So I apologize in advance.

We are a family of 4 with a 4 yo and 2 yo looking to get out of South Bend, we just miss what mid-size Metro's have to offer. We really were looking for some advice on where to start looking in the Louisville metro area that can offer easy access to public transportation to different areas of the city, good school systems, and city neighborhood type feel. I have no real budget in mind at this point as it isn't a major issue, but I am a bit of a thrifty person so I like to keep my rent/mortgage payments low, while keeping my family in a safe area. I would also prefer my kids not grow up in a stark white, we are white, school system/neighborhood as I think being around different cultures helps kids grow up more open and less scared of the world.

We plan to visit some different cities in mid-April to get a feel, look for work for my wife, and look at housing. Thanks in advance for any advice you have to offer.

I think the Highlands or Clifton/Crescent Hill would fit you wonderfully. Please let me know if you have any questions. Louisville is LIGHT years ahead, bigger, and better than South Bend. I went to college in SB years ago....not much going on there. The bus service on Bardstown Rd and Frankfort Ave is pretty solid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area