Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:55 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,630,503 times

Advertisements

Is Warner Robins a lot nicer and more upscale than Macon? If so, I'm interested in hearing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 09:11 AM

Another question I have is what are the nicest apartment complexes to live in in downtown Macon? Any suggestions?

Old 07-28-2011, 09:20 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,103,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
Is Warner Robins a lot nicer and more upscale than Macon? If so, I'm interested in hearing more.
Simply put, overall as an entire city, Yes.

It's just alot more modern than most of Macon.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:28 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,257,916 times
As far as downtown Macon apartments, there are many. Most are small and are usually only found by looking around. The bigger ones are Katherine Court, Ashley Tower, Cherry Place. There were some very nice lofts above Macon Arts on first St across from the city hall. Might I recommend you come down for a weekend and experience Macon and Warner Robins for yourself. It is difficult to explain in words as there is no comparison to Atlanta. If you are looking for an Atlanta feel, you won't find it, but what is here makes many folks happy. Come check it out for yourself. You might like it or you might hate it. At least you will know.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:06 AM

Thanks for the recommendations. In all honesty, I'm not a huge fan of Atlanta. I'm not into the bar/club scene at all really and I don't venture out a lot. I've seen the major sites in Atlanta and wouldn't mind a place that isn't as big. Plus I'll only be 1 hour south of ATL if I want to come up here for a special event or sports game. I wouldn't mind a little small city living for a while, even if it's only 6 months or so. The women I've met in ATL are all about themselves (which is common in any city I think) so I think a change of pace will be good for me and better on the wallet.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:43 PM

Any suggestions for a nice apartment complex in North Macon?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:12 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,257,916 times
In north Macon there are a bunch. Just google it and look for 2 things: gated and an address on Zebulon, Bass, Forsyth RD, or Wesleyan. I am terrible with names of particular complexes, but all of the apartments on the above roads that I have been are gated are very safe and nice.

Here is blurb I wrote to another poster a while back: There are several nice apartment complexes in North Macon along Bass Rd and Zebulon Rd. I would venture toward the top end of your price point however for a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment. Most nice apartments in town start in the 700s for a one bedroom. I am not saying that cheaper ones don't exist, but the experience of most of my coworkers who lived in the cheaper apartments was not good. Section 8 rentals, trash, loud neighbors, and all of that.

Macon's homes are so "relatively" cheap that most responsible long term residents can buy a house for less than apartment rent leaving inexpensive apartments for those who are without credit or responsible lifestyles. This is a great generalization, I know, but if you are looking for a safe bet on a 2-3 bedroom apartment, look at gated complexes with rents of 800-1000 in North Macon.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:39 PM

129 posts, read 530,493 times
I was in Macon for a few months, and lived right in some apartments behind the new mall on Weselyn Drive. The place was decent, me and my roommates would just take a cab downtown on the weekends. I worked both in Macon, and Warner Robbins, as long as you use some common sense when in a ough neighborhood, I didn't feel extremely unsafe. Always felt safe on Cherry Street downtown, and felt more than safe around the apartment. Check out some places on Weselyn and around Bass Rd.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:24 AM

Well after living in Macon for 7 months I can honestly say this is not the place for a single person. I decided to live on Bass Road, which is nice, but the community is definitely more geared towards married people with families. I wouldn't recommend Macon as a place for a single young professional to live. I'm moving back to DC in 3 weeks and this month can't go by fast enough. This is town is so boring it's not even funny.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 AM

562 posts, read 1,127,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
Well after living in Macon for 7 months I can honestly say this is not the place for a single person. I decided to live on Bass Road, which is nice, but the community is definitely more geared towards married people with families. I wouldn't recommend Macon as a place for a single young professional to live. I'm moving back to DC in 3 weeks and this month can't go by fast enough. This is town is so boring it's not even funny.
IMHO, Macon and Middle GA as a whole is geared towards married people. Even most of the younger adult residents tend to be married, so it just doesn't make for a very vibrant singles scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon