Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city best suits our family for long-term living?
Boston, MA 6 17.14%
Madison, WI 21 60.00%
Vancouver, BC, Canada 7 20.00%
Albuquerque, NM 2 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:41 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times

Advertisements

I would have to agree that when someone, as "MommyintheOC" has done throughout this thread, trashes one place and group of people, while praising another, they are usually telling more about themselves than the places they are discussing. Her long-winded, self-indulgent posts have not convinced me she is any less a navel-gazer than the OC swine she has left. She seems self-righteous, self-satisfied, and opinionated. I wonder how MadCity will meet her exacting standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 03:42 PM

365 posts, read 1,220,640 times
Wow...judgmental much? If you've never met the people from Orange County, then you can't comment on what I've said. To be hated because you do good deeds is backwards and ridiculous, but that is the mentality of most of OC. For your information, we've made a lot of friends here in Madison in a few short months and have found it a MILLION times more human than OC...I never spat on my hometown, but I'm not going to glamorize it as so many others and television have - it represents most of the problems with people in this world, it is a center of sin, anger, and selfishness, and I would NOT expect anyone who has not experienced living there firsthand to understand. However, all of this aside, I believe it was relevant to describe what I do not like in order to find a place that is not that way...so stop shredding bits and pieces of an honest search for a good match for our family! If there was one perfect place for everyone, it would be overcrowded - you have to be realistic and honest with your experiences and preferences in order to find true happiness, it wasn't like it was a bitc*ing rant. Good Lord, glad I haven't run into anyone as bratty in Madison thus far - much nicer people here in person than on this board many times, so I'm going to assume you don't leave your house or your computer screen or maybe I should just be really thankful you're not walking around being a grinch to everyone else on the streets! Good luck with an outlook on others like that!

Old 12-04-2009, 03:44 PM

oh wait..just saw you don't even LIVE IN MADISON! Well that figures and does not surprise me in the least...and your reputation precedes you, only looks like you comment negatively on others rather than actually helping anyone with your posts. Sad.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:54 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
I'm still amazed on how many homers chose Madison over Beantown! even I would chose Boston over Milwaukee maybe even Vancouver

Old 12-08-2009, 07:28 PM

hey milwaukee!!! long time, no see, arch nemesis - haha!!! We're enjoying Madison so far...if Boston had the jobs Madison had, we would've been there...I couldn't stand Vancouver - I actually vowed never to go back there - never seen taxes like there, it is RIDICULOUS in BC! :-) The lab my husband is working at only had options in Princeton, NJ, and Madison...and NJ just seems dirty from what I saw

Old 12-09-2009, 02:04 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyntheoc View Post
hey Milwaukee!!! long time, no see, arch nemesis - haha!!!
Only in the political sense

Old 12-14-2009, 01:15 PM

4 posts, read 8,031 times
Well, I live in Madison, and I still find your screeds prior to (and, apparently, subsequent to) moving here to be quite snobbish yet also amusing. I've also spent some time in the OC, and it's rather evident that you hail from there.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:27 PM

33 posts, read 87,395 times
Mommyntheoc, ignore the people dumping on you. You made it to Mad City, and I would bet you are finding it more to your liking. If your critics don't like your comments or Madison, your old abode in OC is vacant. Perhaps you can give them directions on how to find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison