Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2007, 08:13 PM

874 posts, read 1,856,126 times

Advertisements

Not Christmas decorating El so I put this here. This is decorating 2yo style. Spiderman with Spiderboy

Old 12-10-2007, 05:07 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,546,475 times
Thanks starwalker. I should know Wednesday. The wreath is beautiful! How long does it take to make one wreath? I looked closely to see if that was baling twine or red jute.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:22 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Thanks starwalker. I should know Wednesday. The wreath is beautiful! How long does it take to make one wreath? I looked closely to see if that was baling twine or red jute.
I honestly have no idea; when I am doing Craft, I do not (can not) watch the clock as Spirit does not run on one, but I would guess (including cutting the holly, the Ivy was already cut) somewhere between half an hour and an hour... the lesser time when my hands don't hurt, I am not recycling wires, my fingers are nimble, and especially were I making more than one and wanting to get them DONE. But that was not the case yesterday. Beats me what happened overnight as the hands are FINE today! LOL

Old 12-10-2007, 07:47 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
I have been imagining myself living in Durham, based on a property I saw on-line that really appealed to my DP and myself. I checked out locations and Brunswick is where my church would be located and I guess that is probably where I would shop. (Brunswick has an indoor tennis club, and is a wee bit closer than Portland so DP would probably go over there too.) I started reading about Brunswick and saw that there is an excursion train that runs from Brunswick up to Rockport (?) with stops inbetween. That sounds like a great thing to do! When we are in Japan we travel all over the with a rail pass; we really love trains. I saw they have a Christmas schedule--what a treat that would be. I also could imagine taking guests and family for a days excursion on the train. I SO WANT MY MAINE BASED PLANS AND DREAMS TO COME TRUE! I so need the showing today to pan out and lead to an offer!

Last edited by elston; 12-10-2007 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: ?

Old 12-10-2007, 07:59 AM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I have been imagining myself living in Durham, based on a property I saw on-line that really appealed to my DP and myself. I checked out locations and Brunswick is where my church would be located and I guess that is probably where I would shop. (Brunswick has an indoor tennis club, and is a wee bit closer than Portland so DP would probably go over there too.) I started reading about Brunswick and saw that there is an excursion train that runs from Brunswick up to Rockport (?) with stops inbetween. That sounds like a great thing to do! When we are in Japan we travel all over the with a rail pass; we really love trains. I saw they have a Christmas schedule--what a treat that would be. I also could imagine taking guests and family for a days excursion on the train. I SO WANT MY MAINE BASED PLANS AND DREAMS TO COME TRUE! I so need the showing today to pan out and lead to an offer!
Brunswick Me should be currently experiencing a temporary slash in housing prices. This drop in housing prices should continue and hit 'bottom' in 2011 and continue until about 2012, then slowly raise back up and level off by 2015.

I have been through previous Navy base closings, and this is the established pattern that we have seen.

Ride this wave well and you should get the house of your dreams, plus a few rental units on the side.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:16 AM

Somedays it is harder than other days to be out here in California and not to be able to untie the knots that bind me here and move to Maine. Today is one of those days. It is getting close to Christmas and I haven't and won't even bother to get out the decorations. My neighbors are putting up outdoor lights and lawn ornaments for the holiday, and that makes me feel even more temporary and up in the air.

Yesterday at church my minister said, I have been missing you so terribly, (several sundays i stayed home to get ready for a showing) we hugged and both started to cry--she promised to come see me one day this week. Like I said, I am on an emotional roller-coaster and am sorta diving into it today. There is a mixed bag of emotions that go with moving; there is a recognition that "this isnt it--this didn't work out the way I thought it would" and a longing for someplace else, but there is also a huge leap into the unknown, and time and tides wait for no man. Off to do the floors downstairs......thanks for reading my self indulgent post.

We have a showing in a couple of hours; I so hope that this house is perfect for them.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:14 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,103,899 times
I hope it is too Elston! I know it's hard just waiting....my heart goes out to you. We'll be glad when you're here as well

Old 12-10-2007, 11:19 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,386,209 times
Elston, we're all entitled to a "pity party" now and again. I'm praying for you with every showing. I understand it's difficult feeling so "up in the air". As Molly (the sweetheart) says, We'll be glad when you're home and settled.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:26 AM

The support and encouragements of my new friends, REALLY HELPS! Thanks msina and molly, and the rest of you wonderful people.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:37 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,546,475 times
I'll probably be gone before you tell us about the showing. =( As soon as I get home tonight I'll be right here to see how it went. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine