Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2007, 05:52 PM

6,630 posts, read 13,535,602 times

Advertisements

oh el...I'm so sorry! How disappointing and maddening at the same time.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:09 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,874,924 times
Oh no Elston, I hate hearing that. It's so difficult having your house for sale under perfect circumstances (if they even exist!) but then to have people not even show up is just inexcusable!

Another idea when you are pressed for time. If you have an electric stove, rub a little vanilla on the under side of the burners and turn them on low for just a few minutes. The vanilla scent will diffuse into the house without making a mess from actually cooking. It also works on light bulbs. Just make sure they are cold first, add the vanilla and then turn the lamps on. Never put vanilla on hot light bulbs as they will explode.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:34 PM

874 posts, read 1,855,083 times
The showing that sold our house was bad by all the rules of real estate. We missed the call that they were coming... arrived home an hour after they were supposed to have been there... our dogs were both inside while we were out. There was no sign that they had come and gone so we figured they were chased away by the dogs.

So I called our Realtor to let her know what had happened while my brother started frying sausage, garlics, & onions (!!!!!). We set the little kids up to eat. My bed wasn't made even. And the doorbell rang. LOL Somehow they bought our house anyway.

So it will happen. The right person will come in and want your house. (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Old 12-10-2007, 06:44 PM

874 posts, read 1,855,083 times
Default Two fun kid stories from today.

Forrest, my two year old, went in to the cabinet... took out a cookie tray... smacked my brother in the mid-section with it and said "Make cookies!" His uncle was in shock and cracking up so much that he took the tray and went and made him cookies right away. :rofl

And... My 11 year old dare devil was complaining for two days straight about a bruised posterior from a sledding incident. I needed to give her advil for it two times. In the midst of the days of whining she told me she wants a snowboard for Christmas. I asked why i would get her a snowboard if she hurt herself so badly just sledding. She told me in a know-it-all pre-teen tone... "Sledding is way more dangerous than snowboarding." Um.... Yeah...

Old 12-10-2007, 06:55 PM

323 posts, read 992,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The showing that I talked about earlier on this thread, Didn't Happen. No one came at 11, still not here at 12 and still no-one at 1:17. The so-called realtor lacked the professionalism and the common courtesy to call to cancel. I am so sick of being at the beck and call of people like that. The bloom is definately off the rose.
This has happened to us once so far and it is so unprofessional. We are still sitting here waiting and my girlfriend in Maine rubbed it in and said it was a winter wonderland out her way..I am so jealous.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:08 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genmomto5 View Post
Forrest, my two year old, went in to the cabinet... took out a cookie tray... smacked my brother in the mid-section with it and said "Make cookies!" His uncle was in shock and cracking up so much that he took the tray and went and made him cookies right away. :rofl

And... My 11 year old dare devil was complaining for two days straight about a bruised posterior from a sledding incident. I needed to give her advil for it two times. In the midst of the days of whining she told me she wants a snowboard for Christmas. I asked why i would get her a snowboard if she hurt herself so badly just sledding. She told me in a know-it-all pre-teen tone... "Sledding is way more dangerous than snowboarding." Um.... Yeah...
LOL

I have a VHS tape showing a ski trip that I made to Austria. My buddy was Navy diver and he was snowboarding, the wind lifted the powder up off of the slope and left the slope bare blue ice. It was pretty, and scared me badly.

I taped him, he had no ability to slow down as he went down the slope, he was launched into the air by a Mogul, and he landed flat on his back.

I had to go down the same slope, just to get off of it, I was using skis. It was bizarre, I could not get the edges of my skis to have any influence on the blue ice, none. I broke my wrist: separated the wrist from the ulna and compacted five of the metacarpals. I was in various casts for six months.

The last time the I saw the diver, he was being air-lifted to Germany for surgery. I heard that they had to fuse four vertebrae. Of course he was booted out after that.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:26 PM

612 posts, read 1,215,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The showing that I talked about earlier on this thread, Didn't Happen. No one came at 11, still not here at 12 and still no-one at 1:17. The so-called realtor lacked the professionalism and the common courtesy to call to cancel. I am so sick of being at the beck and call of people like that. The bloom is definately off the rose.
Elston,

Sorry to read about the no show to look at your house. How rude and unprofessional of the realtor. It would be interesting to hear her excuse for the no show and not calling to cancel. I am sure she is in a full body cast including her index finger. Just no excuse for not having common courtesy.

Hugs,
Janice

Old 12-10-2007, 07:38 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times
Elston, everyone else has already said it all! Chin up.......it will happen and we'll be sippin' hot toddys together with the YaYas by next Christmas!!

Old 12-10-2007, 07:42 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times
Actually, today I heard about mulled wine. Never had that! They used mulling spices and simmered it into Merlot (my absolute FAVORITE wine!) Bought a fresh bottle today.........

Old 12-10-2007, 08:06 PM

612 posts, read 1,215,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Actually, today I heard about mulled wine. Never had that! They used mulling spices and simmered it into Merlot (my absolute FAVORITE wine!) Bought a fresh bottle today.........
Oh Yum!!! I love mulling spices and use tea or apple cider...got to try the Merlot...lets go a wassailing.

In the Southern US, Russian Tea is a favorite winter holiday hot beverage, often considered wassail. Made by brewing tea, sweetening the tea, then adding equal parts orange and pineapple juices, lemon juice, cinnamon, and whole cloves. As the concoction simmers, the clove permeates the flavor...Yummy.
Wikipedia - Wassail...if you want more info.
Music and song is a very important part of the customs of Wassailing. Music and singing accompany the wassailers from door to door, in the orchards, and in the hall.
Okay...I'll get off my soapbox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine