Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2007, 11:55 AM

612 posts, read 1,215,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
See the scale at the top of this box? It's in the middle, between the post # and the report button. If you click on that you can give feedback and leave a message.
Okay...thanks....wanted to make sure I had not done something by mistake.

Last edited by Eastport4me; 12-12-2007 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: add to comment

Old 12-12-2007, 02:10 PM

323 posts, read 992,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Another wild change of topic, but I guess this is the right thread for it.

Everybody here is generally good people and that shows through on the posts and Maine forum. If y'all could keep my brother and his family in your thoughts and prayers. He lives up here in my neck of the woods and was injured yesterday at work. Because he owns the company there will be no workmans comp for him, but will be out of action for about 3 months according to the doctors. He is a good guy and I know he would appreciate all the thoughts and prayers for him and his new wife at this time. He should be getting ready to go into surgery right now to patch him up, so any thoughts directed his way, I thank you for in advance.

Thanks,
Scott

I am so sorry to hear about your brother I wish him a speedy recovery. I am sending prayers to his family and hope he has a Merry Christmas no matter what!

Old 12-12-2007, 02:28 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genmomto5 View Post
Oh no. I am adding my prayers to yours.
Ditto... May his healing be swifter than the swirling snow and complete in all ways. And may the family find the spirit of the season in their love for one another, and in the caring thoughts and actions of all who know them (and many of us who do not, as well)

So be it.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:39 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
very nice star

Scott my thoughts are with you and your family....take care my friend

Old 12-12-2007, 02:44 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,378,632 times
My thoughts and prayers to you, your brother and family Scott.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:06 PM

411 posts, read 898,543 times
Scott, thoughts and prayers are being sent up for your brother and his family. Is there any way that maybe we all could get together and do something for them by chance? I know we have some stuff here for boys that I could easily pack up and send, and food is always plentiful. Let us know... I'm sure that everyone who could would help, and those who couldn't would think good thoughts, pray, whatever they do.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Jen, you have to take those reports with a grain of salt sometimes. Before you flip over that one, let me explain. Some of those are actually an 18 y.o. boy who had, ahem, relations with a 16 y.o. girl whose daddy found out. It's unfortunate IN SOME CASES, but those "labels" will stay on the kid's record his entire life.

Some also may be for the nasty old neighbor man who "relieved himself" off his back porch, and got caught doing so by the mommy next door while her babies were playing in the yard. That happens here a lot! You'd think everyone would have indoor plumbing by now, even in Texas!

Then, of course, you have the honest to goodness perverts, around whom no child is safe. Unfortunately, it's hard to distinguish between the plain old idiots and the truly dangerous people in this day and age of overzealous handslapping.

To add to this, I think in some places the simple prank of "mooning" will get you "sex offender" status.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:46 PM

837 posts, read 1,709,583 times
Sorry this has happened Bydand--I'll hope for the best possible outcome.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:47 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
He was in surgery for about 3 hours this afternoon and they said everything went very well. It is going to be tight for them for a while, but they will pull through OK. Family around and tons of friends. Thank you for the offer of doing something for them, That right there is the true Maine spirit in action. I think they will be all right though. He has just rented out a large apartment he has and his wife just picked up full time work so they should squeak by alright.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:50 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,874,924 times
Bydand, just saw the news about your brother. I'm so sorry to hear about his injury and subsequent surgery, but it sounds like he came thru it okay. I hope he heals quickly and is able to get back to his life very soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine