Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:30 PM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatans View Post
Help, what's the ewver feared "VOLVO LINE'' ?
I will let a Mainah give you the official answer but from my understanding it is the line that keeps the granola eating, birkenstock and sock wearing, volvo or subaru driving, hippy who moved here from MASS or NY, or some other pretentious place in New England, to Maine and then demands that Maine be just like where they left

from

Those who like things slow, quiet and who live and let live, don't get all up in your business, wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of Birkenstocks, let alone paired with socks, laid back, truly down to earth kinda folks.

But I could just be a little jaded from Californians who overtook every good state on the west coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 04:44 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,085,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
some who apparently have NO clue how to apply for a job...like...if this is what employers have to put up with on a daily basis, no wonder they throw half the resumes in the trash...
Half? More like 90%. I was going thru resumes last month- my 'delete' key got a workout. I kept a few only because they were the best of the bunch...which really isn't saying much.

Congrats on the new job.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:59 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatans View Post
Help, what's the ewver feared "VOLVO LINE'' ?
an imaginary line,,,,of perspectives

one of those things, when we make fun of ourselves

Old 11-10-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post
Congratulations on landing three jobs! I think you and your dogs would love Camden Hills State Park....Lincolnville Beach....

maine apts/housing for rent classifieds "camden" - craigslist (I checked the box for dogs.)

Water Front Cottage Rockland/South Thomaston Area

1 bedroom

Since you're not in a big rush, I feel confident that you will find a place reasonably priced that will meet your needs and your dogs....lots of driving in the meantime. Once you start work, ask around.
I finally got a chance to look at those links...MAN!!!! I wish I had the money now! Quite a few of those would be perfect!

I'm in LOVE with this one: In-Town Home (with more photos here: https://plus.google.com/photos/11080...913?banner=pwa ) This is so fricken perfect for me I can't even stand it. Have the first rent because that's about what I pay now. Would just need deposit....it's minutes away from where I would be working. I could lease to own it...I think I'm gonna cry.

Sob.

See, this is why I don't do this...this is painful. But it gives me hope. I just have to save up before all the tourists come back and try to rent.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 11-10-2012 at 07:56 PM..

Old 11-11-2012, 07:23 AM

783 posts, read 1,575,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I finally got a chance to look at those links...MAN!!!! I wish I had the money now! Quite a few of those would be perfect!

I'm in LOVE with this one: In-Town Home (with more photos here: https://plus.google.com/photos/11080...913?banner=pwa ) This is so fricken perfect for me I can't even stand it. Have the first rent because that's about what I pay now. Would just need deposit....it's minutes away from where I would be working. I could lease to own it...I think I'm gonna cry.

Sob.
Don't cry. I know exactly where this little place is...on a wicked busy short cut street...and it's right smack on the street. They put up the little fence that you see in the pic, and not one week later, a careless driver took it out.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:22 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,691,590 times
tatans asks:

"Help, what's the ewver feared "VOLVO LINE'' ?"

Don't want to hijack this excellent thread. Just google Volvo dealerships in Maine. Connect the dots between those dealerships and that's the Volvo line. By the way, there are none north of Bangor and the only reason there is one in Bangor is to service the Orono market,

Old 11-11-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureenb View Post
Don't cry. I know exactly where this little place is...on a wicked busy short cut street...and it's right smack on the street. They put up the little fence that you see in the pic, and not one week later, a careless driver took it out.
I didn't even pay much attention to the yard, I was drooling over the inside. I LOVE how they decorated and even some of the areas that haven't been renovated I like. I was sitting there looking at the photos, "Oh man, that would be PERFECT for...."

The only two downsides I saw in the inside were lack of counter space in the kitchen and that ceiling photo...that could be a problem later. But the rest? I. love. it.

Course, I now see what you mean about the yard. That IS right on the street, dang! You would have to look both ways before opening your front door! But I still love it.

Sigh.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:30 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,245,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
first and most important, I think you are still above the volvo line...

nice areas....back away from the coastal towns,,and housing will be much cheaper,,here are some towns that are nearby
lincolnville, hope, union,
rockland has a walmart, a shaws and a hannaford, and a mcdonalds and subway-has an extensive mainstreet with an artsy appeal, also has a ferry terminal that goes to many islands...

warren has a curtis custom meats, I think you can pick out your own cow in the back lot-so you know its fresh,,,ask for the owner, fulton

take a ride thru these areas, from rockland head west (away from the coast on rte 17) eventually goes to augusta-but goes thru many smaller towns, like union...drive around thomaston and warren

thomaston is a nice town...has a nice little grocery store....thomaston grocery-sells alot of local stuff...owner John is a good guy...

union has a grocery store- the common market- has the basics of a small grocery store- bill, the store manager is a good guy-knows the area well, with any questions

warren has a lincoln county store....smaller grocery store,, mark is the owner,,,again a good resource for local questions

mostly a rural feel...good people , rockland is the most populous town you mentioned but each town has a town office and post office....

i'd do rental/lease searches in all these towns,,just to see what on the market

alot of folks commute an hour or so each day- I went to a place of business 3.5 hrs away in mass a few days ago, 7 hrs round trip

if you come down thru winterport/frankfort/ belfast/Camden.... is it shorter?

If Camden is above the Volvo line, I'll stop using your name for my zumba lessons....

Old 11-11-2012, 02:01 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,550,572 times
Just a bit curious as to why you would be picking out a dog sitter even before you know what town you will be in.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
Just a bit curious as to why you would be picking out a dog sitter even before you know what town you will be in.
The dog sitter is for while I'm still HERE but going to work 65 miles away leaving them in the house for 11 or more hours a day. Have a little faith that I have some clue about what I'm doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine