Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 09:34 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,521,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Wow! I haven't done theatre since college, but it sure brings back wonderful memories, talking about it!! My favorite ever was Showboat, done my Sophomore year. I know some people won't consider that true theatre, but we had SO much fun with that one. Fiddler was another great one, though much more serious for all of us. We had times of laughter and times of tears. Very memorable!

That would be so much fun to do, and I really never thought about being active again as an adult, because I've been too busy raising kids.

You know, I may have to pursue that in the future. Wonder if I can still sing?

So, what genre do you prefer?

Lalalalala!!!
LOl.. showboat has got some great songs.. I've seen it twice. I prefer the heavy stuff, but the musicals can be fun too!!

Old 03-25-2008, 09:36 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,521,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Reading this made me wonder if age has improved my singing any. I think I will burst forth in song to see....

Well according to the boys, after they got over the shock of Dad starting to sing Oklahoma at full volume, I still stink. I think the oldest's exact phrase was "Dad you suck as a singer!" the youngest had a look like he just stepped in a gift from the dog, and the other two were covering their ears and running from the room yelling "Stop trying to sing!!!"

Oh well, at least I'm handsome.... At least that is what I tell the DW all the time (I think she is starting to believe me a little.)
LOL.. I am much better at the dramas.. let's leave the singing to elcarim!!!

Old 03-25-2008, 08:30 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,425,258 times
Oh, MsIna! I sure hope you're feeling better today - your DH too!

Old 03-26-2008, 05:20 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Oh, MsIna! I sure hope you're feeling better today - your DH too!
I guess the "creeping crud " must be loose in Milo. It's got us again too ( hope we didn't contaminate you, Maine Writer!) this time emulating bronchitis for me at least. But that is good... my body know how to fight this off.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:22 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,425,258 times
Hot chicken noodle soup to the rescue! Hot lemon tea. I hope you're better soon, Star! Thinking of you.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:32 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,546,475 times
I hope this doesn't last long for the two of you. My chest is a little congested this morning. I probably got this because I'm wearing down thanks to insomnia. It's a good day, if there's anything good about a snowy day now, to be inside and cozy. I'm going to transplant the 1,000 leek seedlings into trays and maybe 400 lettuce. That's it for me for the day. Oh, and not look out the window.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:20 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I hope this doesn't last long for the two of you. My chest is a little congested this morning. I probably got this because I'm wearing down thanks to insomnia. It's a good day, if there's anything good about a snowy day now, to be inside and cozy. I'm going to transplant the 1,000 leek seedlings into trays and maybe 400 lettuce. That's it for me for the day. Oh, and not look out the window.
That should keep you busy today! those baby leeks were so cute! I had only tried to grow them once, and had forgotten how neat the little ones look... green hair <g>

Believe it or not, I DO see spring happening here (at least) in the amount of thaw yesterday and feel it in the character of the air and the flurries that were falling when I took Brandi out this morning. Not sure I can put it in words, but there is a different feel in the air than when we got here. I do not think that the driveway, where it was melted off to dirt/gravel has re-frozen, as it felt (under the snow this morning, about like it had last night, when it was bare.)

Old 03-26-2008, 07:01 AM

333 posts, read 873,932 times
Default Les Miserables

Now there's a musical for the Ya Ya's and Yo Yo's to perform.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:29 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,386,209 times
I'm sorry that others are feeling badly as well, and hope you all get better quickly. It's been a solid week now and I'm just starting to get a bit better. It was NOT fun. My DH has mainly had bad cold type symptoms while I'm down 10 pounds (easily affordable). I have been really ill with this and my energy level is still about 50% off. Thank you all for your well wishes. Star, I hope you feel better quickly also

Old 03-26-2008, 08:37 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,973,559 times
I had this crud twice this winter and I still have the hacking cough. It's not fun, my resistance is low and my energy levels are also very low. I sure hope I'm in fine form when we start out trip back up to Maine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine