Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2008, 07:01 AM

566 posts, read 1,418,086 times

Advertisements

Elston,
I tried to give you reps but once again it says I must spread them around. I think your posts are so warm, kind and thoughtful. You are right, jenkaye needs to hold fast to dreams, family and fate. You word things so well.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:30 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkaye View Post
Well friends you have been so warm and kind. I look forward to reading all the posts on this site everyday and feel like I know you all.

I have sad news for us anyway..our dream plans have changed and it looks like we will remain in AZ for awhile. My DH has been given the opportunity to run a business he has longed for and can't pass up at this time. I have cried and my friend is so sad and my kids and DH are sad also. My DH keeps telling me we will get a summer home in Maine to escape the summers here but with a new biz that might take awhile. If only my house sold I wouldn't be sitting here!
We will get to Maine but it will take longer than I thought, my heart will always want to be there. I will visit every year and maybe we will buy some property or a summer home someday.

Man, this is a HUGE bummer and I am trying to be happy for my DH and our family but so much of me wanted to be in Maine. I still will read everyday and live through all of you that are there, hoping one day I can join you.
Thanks for all the wonderful advise and warm thoughts, I just have to get use to the idea of staying here in Az and that isn't going so well. I'm bummed and sad and happy for my DH...all the emotions you have when life takes you in another direction you weren't expecting. But that is life and it goes on. I am a religious person and believe this is my path but I know it will lead me to Maine one day, I know it will. I love Maine and I love your kindness, I still have my dream of living there and I know one day it will happen....hopefully before I am to old to shovel snow or give a sh.t.
Thanks friends...
Jenkaye
things happen for a reason jen, it may make eventually moving here, a bit sweeter, just keep the faith

holddddddddddddd on tight....to your dreams!!!!

Old 03-15-2008, 07:46 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,103,899 times
Jen hang in there! I know it isn't easy, but you can do it! Be sure to let us know when you get here this year

Old 03-15-2008, 08:09 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,777 times
Don't mean to get off topic in the off topic thread but I just wanted to share a little with my friends here.
Yesterday we played hooky from work and school to go skiing and tear up the slopes. It was a well needed mental health day and broke up the cabin fever a bit.
While on the hill, my DW called to say that our first lamb of the season was born. A healthy 10 lb ewe lamb. So lambing season is officially underway and we have 18 more pregnant ewes.
We will cull or flock back to 20 brood ewes and one ram. They will become Maine residents this year as well.

On a side note - the white stuff is falling here again this morning. They are calling for 5 or 6 inches here and It's headed your way.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:17 AM

Congratulations on the new lamb! I'd love to see some pictures .....of course, you wouldn't have to post all 18, but a few here and there would be sweet!

Old 03-15-2008, 09:13 AM

323 posts, read 993,303 times
Thank you friends for your warm thoughts, it was very nice to hear.....or read shall I say

Old 03-15-2008, 09:27 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Default Hold Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkaye View Post
Thank you friends for your warm thoughts, it was very nice to hear.....or read shall I say
Awwwwwwwwwwwwh, Jenkaye. My bi-line "Hold Fast" really does apply to your situation. It is a family motto and it is good advice. Find ways to accomodate and "successively approximate" your dream...and hold fast!

Old 03-15-2008, 12:38 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,425,258 times
Jen, all things we are destined for come to pass in due time - always in the right time. That should take some of the pressure off our minds. Though, we are all inescapably human and our hearts and minds don't always cooperate!

Keep your chin up and know that all things happen for a reason. Maybe your DH is getting some valuable knowledge and experience that will help facilitate your move to Maine! You never know!!

Old 03-15-2008, 01:04 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,546,475 times
How disappointing. Good things come to those who wait. I hope you're wait isn't too long and that the time is filled with good things.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:12 PM

my deep and thoughtful question of the day.....

this may be one for MBM....

why is it that all the meats at the grocery store have that little pad thingie between the meat and the styrofoam, but ground beef doesn't?

(ok it keeps underlining styrofoam but I don't know how else to spell it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine