Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2023, 01:26 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,097,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Because we don't trust the government. The closing of the automatic registry is proof of that. Sure, we can have a machine gun, it is legal, they are out there........but they changed the rules so very few people can play.

Trusting the government can lead to one's rights still being on paper but with so many hoops to jump through that it is no longer possible to use them......if they don't ban them outright.
Well, you trust the government with your tax $$...unless you're an evader.

But beyond that, no right is unfettered. Especially if the Founders could only see how their original intent behind 2A has been perversely twisted.

Old 10-28-2023, 04:36 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Well, you trust the government with your tax $$...unless you're an evader.

But beyond that, no right is unfettered. Especially if the Founders could only see how their original intent behind 2A has been perversely twisted.
LOL Our current government is spending hundreds of billions funding foreign wars, I gotta wonder how many psychiatric hospitals that would build... So no I do not trust our government with our tax money.

Old 10-28-2023, 04:41 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,353 times
Quote:
I think you need a history lesson...big time.
I know my history very well, Even my recent history where a bunch of goat herders drove the most powerful military force on earth out of Afghanistan...
Perhaps you have heard of it.

Old 10-28-2023, 07:02 PM

501 posts, read 359,772 times
Quote:
Fully automatic. They closed the registry so those that are out there are almost 40 years old and are out of sight expensive. Short barrel rifles. Magazine limits.

Look at what you can be taken to jail for by the ATF.....and look at the individual weapons that the government, armed forces and police, can have.

BUT if you want to say, "As long as you can have a single shot .22 pistol, the 2A rights are there," FINE, enjoy your koolaid.
I never said that and I don't want to say that.

I asked a question. I appreciate that your responded.

No need to start name calling, yet

Old 10-28-2023, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
That's why it's hopeless in the U.S. We used to say that if the Congress-critters kids got shot up, things would change.

I no longer believe even that would do it. People are A-OK with children being shot up. They love their guns more.
^This.

Witness Rep. Golden changing his stance after this incident. Even he couldn't ignore the reality when it hit his district.

Old 10-28-2023, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I know my history very well, Even my recent history where a bunch of goat herders drove the most powerful military force on earth out of Afghanistan...
Perhaps you have heard of it.
LOL. Totally off thread, but you proved my point about how little you understand the geopolitics of that region. If you think the Taliban, and before that the mujahideen (during the Cold War) were not funded by the superpowers, with Pakistan's ISI working its mischief...not sure what to tell you.

Old 10-28-2023, 07:18 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
That's why it's hopeless in the U.S. We used to say that if the Congress-critters kids got shot up, things would change.

I no longer believe even that would do it. People are A-OK with children being shot up. They love their guns more.
No, they probably love their freedom more to why they keep their guns.

If anything else, they probably know their history of the government taking by force the children of the disarmed. https://www.aclu.org/news/racial-jus...-supreme-court

However, that is just my opinion......

Old 10-28-2023, 07:26 PM

Quote:
No, they probably love their freedom more to why they keep their guns.

^This is even more grotesque. Folks value the "freedom" to carry weapons that can slaughter this many people so rapidly, more so than the very lives of those people? Where does this madness end, when their own family members fall victim?

Old 10-28-2023, 07:32 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
^This is even more grotesque. Folks value the "freedom" to carry weapons that can slaughter this many people so rapidly, more so than the very lives of those people? Where does this madness end, when their own family members fall victim?
Well, it might end when one has a government they can trust......but I really don't see that anytime soon. I mean, after all, when it comes to children, do "you" really trust a government that forces vaccinations or is very loose in who can use the bath and locker rooms of one's children? Do "you" want to be disarmed and have no say other than the ballot box, which may or may not be honest, to what they can do to "you", to "your family"?

Old 10-28-2023, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Well, it might end when one has a government they can trust......but I really don't see that anytime soon. I mean, after all, when it comes to children, do "you" really trust a government that forces vaccinations or is very loose in who can use the bath and locker rooms of one's children? Do "you" want to be disarmed and have no say other than the ballot box, which may or may not be honest, to what they can do to "you", to "your family"?
You and I know darn well this isn't about mistrust of government. In any case, it tells me these folks couldn't care less about human lives being lost because of their paranoia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine