Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:51 AM

48,191 posts, read 22,033,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom View Post
Well, we arrived in Pensacola last night and spent a good part of today looking around at neighborhoods. The homes I had pulled up on the internet were not at all what I had envisioned. The neighborhoods that looked nice and promising are far different in reality. No sidewalks, no parks for the kids We have seen lots of billboards advertising lawyers, billboards telling people not to smoke candy-flavored tobacco, and billboards offering rewards for information on homocides.

We will look around some more this coming week, but so far we are not getting a good vibe. The beaches sure are beautiful, though.
Txmom:

When my partner and I came to Maine last February to look around, the first day we mapsearched and then drove around and looked at the houses we found on Realtor.com that we had liked the very best....maybe the top 4 or 5. We immediately took them off the list of even possibilities that we wanted to see again. We also were discouraged by how bleak and grey and dirty everything looked. The snow was receeding and everything was pretty grimey....we were discouraged.

The next day we met with our buyers agent....and began in earnest to look at houses and neighborhoods....and we identified several that we would be happy with...another that exceeded our expectations of what we might end up with and one that we just LOVED!

Don't be discouraged by your first days reaction...and remember what are the elements that are really important to you and your family....that home exists somewhere....Fla or Maine....I am hoping that you find it soon. Being up in the air is so difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine