Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 01:03 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,388,499 times

Advertisements

Txmom - I am so sorry that living here has not worked out for you. I do hope that Florida will be better for you.

May god bless you and keep you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 02:50 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom View Post
Our kids have been well-accepted at the school and in the community - there have been a few rude comments from kids who really don't know any better. I know I shouldn't let it bother me so much, but I feel like my little guys are so vulnerable out there.
This is good to hear. I think when you get a blast of the Florida heat this time of year you'll be back in Old Town before you know it!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:24 PM

444 posts, read 928,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
This is good to hear. I think when you get a blast of the Florida heat this time of year you'll be back in Old Town before you know it!
You may be right about that. Hey, I was giving our mail key to the neighbor and I had a revelation...people are just so decent here. They mind their own business, but are happy to help out a neighbor. I'm trying to think of a word for this. Maybe some of them are slightly opinionated, but very much in touch with reality. Unpretentious.

Last edited by txmom; 06-11-2008 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: I've got it...the word is "Mainer"

Old 06-11-2008, 06:34 PM

It's true ...you could have the most crotchety neighbor in the state (me for instance) but if you asked them to help you pull a car out of a snow bank they would be on their tractor in a minute.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:08 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,642 times
So, whats wrong with being crotchety??? I was once told I was the nicest mean peron that they knew. I took it as a compliment, which is exactly what it was. I am more than glad to help people, but I want them to mind their own business, yet I am a good neighbor. Sometimes TMI (too much information) can become a real issue among neighbors.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:22 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,029 times
txmom, enjoy your trip! I'll be thinking of you, I hope you find the perfect place in the Pensacola area.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maine4.us View Post
So, whats wrong with being crotchety??? I was once told I was the nicest mean peron that they knew. I took it as a compliment, which is exactly what it was. I am more than glad to help people, but I want them to mind their own business, yet I am a good neighbor. Sometimes TMI (too much information) can become a real issue among neighbors.
I have no problem with being crotchety but some folks don't see beyond the curt answers and aloofness. I (as well as you ) want people to do things for themselves as much as possible. It builds character and is good for the soul ...but if you're in trouble I'll be there in a flash , without judgement ,any time day or night!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:27 PM

474 posts, read 1,417,253 times
Txmom,
I agree with some of the others that may be it is your house. Is there any way you could move and live in a different place? Is so, then if you were still having the feelings, perhaps Florida would be the best place. However, I am only halfway from Maine to Florida AND the heat is unbearable down here! I cannot imagine what it is like in FL! Good luck with your decision and say some prayers - He will guide you on what to do.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:53 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,541,520 times
I think a new home is in order if you decide to stay. Would it be possible to replace the mobile home and keep the land?

Old 06-12-2008, 04:28 AM

444 posts, read 928,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I think a new home is in order if you decide to stay. Would it be possible to replace the mobile home and keep the land?
No, we own the trailer but the lot is rented. We would have to start looking for a house to purchase in Old Town if we decide Florida is not for us. I saw a few homes for sale on College Avenue that were very nice. It would definitely be an easier move for us - not looking forward to another cross-country move. Well, we'll be on the road in a couple of hours...wish us luck! I'll try to post updates on my friend's computer once we get to Pensacola.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine