Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:42 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,424,082 times

Advertisements

I have to say that Fairpoint's technical team is MUCH better than their customer service team. The tech has called us at least 10 times today while working on our line. It's still crackling a little, and his last call, Brad told him it's much better now. His reply was that there should be no noise at all, so they're going to keep working it. Impressive! They must be independently contracted techs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 12:47 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,169,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoundtofindME View Post
Yes, but I would hold out to find if they could pinpoint it to either a hairy, downy or pileated.
Oh, those devilish Methodist woodpeckers...

Old 04-06-2009, 12:48 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,169,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I have to say that Fairpoint's technical team is MUCH better than their customer service team. The tech has called us at least 10 times today while working on our line. It's still crackling a little, and his last call, Brad told him it's much better now. His reply was that there should be no noise at all, so they're going to keep working it. Impressive! They must be independently contracted techs.
I think they may have bitten off more than they can chew for a company their size. Here's hoping with time, it'll get better.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:59 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
I'm glad you are getting things worked out El. BTW.......... this has been quite an entertaining adventure.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:42 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times
"it is the fault of the woodpecker who lives at the Methodist church in town. They have corrected the problem"

And the fate of the Methodist woodpecker has not been announced.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:57 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,424,082 times
To avoid starting a religious war, I'll have to keep my theories about the fate of the woodpecker to myself!

Old 04-06-2009, 02:02 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Oh, those devilish Methodist woodpeckers...
Maybe it's really a Baptist woodpecker that just happened to find out the Food Pantry was open at the Methodist church.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:35 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times
If it was pileated, service to the whole town would be out. Ever see one of those suckers? It's like a partridge with a red framing hammer for a head.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:56 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
El I'm so glad that you got someone in there. I did see a truck in front of the church today, but also when I was coming back into town I saw one turn down your road. I think we're lucky that in those trucks and at the end of some of that tech support we've got the people Verizon trained.... so once you take the management stuff out of the loop customers are in luck. Hopefully those good employees will stay with them and some of the icky people we've talked to lately (you know the ones who can't manage to tell you the truth or change their story?) well, hopefully they'll get the boot!

Old 04-07-2009, 06:01 AM
JC3

296 posts, read 824,483 times
This post is not meant to defend Fairpoint or the terrible service that has been provided since the change over from Verizon. Just poiinting out that Fairpoint KEPT ALL Verizon employees that worked for Verizon. Some employees that were involved with work that was related to other Verizon entiities stayed with Verizon. Anyone who was involved with the actual Maine day to day business stayed with Fairpoint. That was part of the agreement.

It was the splitting up of the systems that Fairpoint and Verizon shared that was the biggest cause of interruptions. Fairpoint was to hire more employees in the 3 states they purchased. All this time you STILL have been dealing with the same employees that worked for Verizon. The confusion and system problems that occurred with such a big transition did cause major problems. Once a backlog in trouble reports occur, it is a difficult process to catch up. You aren't getting "contractors" coming out and doing the work....the union would go bonkers if that ever happened....the technicians are the same techs that came over from Verizon. Fairpoint has been contracting retired Verizon engineers and have brought back and rehired some retired Verizon managers in some places because Verizon loss a lot of talent through retirements the past few years.

As for the complaints about getting the run around. Still no excuse for it but I can name other companies (cable/satellite/phone) that I have called and have gotten different answers on 3 different calls each time. It is not unique to Fairpoint..it happened when it was still named Verizon. I called one telco who handles my area 4 times and each time I got a different answer to the same question. Was told I would be called by an outside supervisor. Good thing I called back twice more or I still would be waiting. Now this is an established independant telephone company who handles a good portion of Maine. Yep! I was not a happy camper either.

Like I said, I am not defending the service problems of Fairpoint. When a person is experiencing such problems, they realy don't care or want to hear about what a company is doing or going through..they just want clear answers and service provided or fixed when they want it. Hopefully Fairpoint will straighten out the issues and get up to speed. But the only change other than splitting the systems is the name on the buildings and trucks have changed.

In full disclosure....I own 5 shares of Fairpoint stock!!!..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine