Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 01:07 PM

135 posts, read 707,739 times

Advertisements

no i know the National Zoo is free..and so are all the museums...the zoo in Baltimore isn't...and both are disgustingly dirty and nasty..both in bad parts of town..yeah let me go there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 01:12 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,872 times
I understand when that for your family Maryland is expensive but for many family they can afford to live here. What you are trying to do is try to convince everyone in Maryland to move because its too expensive and ghetto which are two words that do not go together. I love looking out my window and see deers. I would be scared out of my mine if I see a Black Bear in my back yard. I know families who live in Tennesse who have college degrees but are stuggling and the cost of living is very low. People need to realize that when you get a college degree it doesnot mean they will no longer stuggle. To make a good living in the Metropolitan area you havet o have a degree that is a money magnet such as doctors,Lawyers,IT field,Biologist,Chemist etc. Not all degrees promise a successful lifestyle ask any teacher or someone who holds a degree in criminal justice.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:16 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHometoCallMyOwn View Post
The more people from P.G. post the better. The low quality of their posts speaks volumes about that area and is the perfect example; it replaces the need for arguments against the county because they are the best bad representatives of the county ever. LoL.
Who ever said that this was supposed to be a college essay post?
How you complain about where you live instead of moving speaks volumes about how lazy you are in finding a better place out of MD! I was on here making jokes and never said anything about PG.

Get over it, educated people understand that there is crime E V E R Y W H E R E! Move to Swizterland or the Artic if you want to be in a crime free place.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:37 PM

62 posts, read 254,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
Who ever said that this was supposed to be a college essay post?
How you complain about where you live instead of moving speaks volumes about how lazy you are in finding a better place out of MD! I was on here making jokes and never said anything about PG.

Get over it, educated people understand that there is crime E V E R Y W H E R E! Move to Swizterland or the Artic if you want to be in a crime free place.
I'm in the process of finding a good alternative to MD. Until then I'll post any opinion I have about the place anytime I feel the inclination to do so.

Besides, it has less to do with safety than it has to do with standard of living. Living in much of MD(central MD)is like fighting for scraps in a crowded cage of rats. That's not a quality way to live no matter the amount of money you have.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:37 PM

743 posts, read 2,243,747 times
So what some of you are saying is that unless you have a college education or work for the government then you don't belong in MD because you can't afford it. Well I can say, first of all DO NOT tell me to shut up and roll over. first amendment and deal with that. Second, the high prices are due in part to those upper middle class moving out of the city into the "burbs" of Baltimore Co (Valley area), Carroll Co and Southern PA. And why did they do that, because it was cheaper than PG or Mont Co. So, in essence, high cost of living came about due to them relocating. Now the NY and NJ transplants relocated from cashing out on their "million" dollar homes and basically would pay anything for a house and those of us in MD saw that, so prices went up even more. And where did they move, PG, Mont and AA co. so those people moved to Carroll and So. PA Do we see a pattern here. (deleted) My hubby does earn six figures, never stepped foot in college and I earn $50k and never earned my degree. Working hard over the years does seem to help, you know sometimes experience earns more over some damn piece of paper. And lastly I did move out of this forsaken state and I am seeing the same thing happening in Charlotte. But I did happen to get a bigger house for $150K less and earning $60K and dh still making six figures. (deleted) Some of you just need to learn to accept the fact that MD is not a glorified place to live as you may think.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 08-10-2007 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: reference to deleted post

Old 08-08-2007, 01:38 PM

415 posts, read 1,961,203 times
Quote:
I just want to know....how do you think you know about PG county more that a person who lives in PG county?
Come be a firefighter / medic down here for a few years... you'll get to learn all about PG County citizens...

Old 08-08-2007, 01:48 PM

yea I believe you, my uncle was a figherfighter and now he has moved through the ranks....but still we live here and we experience people everyday! I mean I know some parts are not that great and some people have not so great attitudes but peolpe make it seem as though this place is unbearable! I have lived here all my life and never have i had 1 thing happen to me. My grandparents moved here from Greeneville, TN, to have a family because there was nothing down there for them. I live in the same house my mother lived in when she was in high school and I am 21. We have never had a car stolen or someone break into the house and let me remind you, I live on the same street at the PG jail and down the street from the court house!

Old 08-08-2007, 01:51 PM

915 posts, read 3,181,149 times
carebear1970 : where at in NC? tell me. towards Hickory or towards the coast?

Old 08-08-2007, 01:57 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,609,068 times
Quote:
We have never had a car stolen or someone break into the house and let me remind you, I live on the same street at the PG jail and down the street from the court house!
They'll just respond by saying they don't believe you.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
They'll just respond by saying they don't believe you.
I know! Thats basically why I posted it! I just wanted to see who would be first to say that someone couldn't go all there life living in PG and in Philly with out being a victim of a crime.

Really matt345, i do not believe that half of these people have ever been a vicitm either. They are just ranting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland