Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 12:52 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,430,287 times

Advertisements

LOL!!!!!!! One man can change things...ask Barry Obama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You sound like a little whinning 8 year old.

Anyway, sorry, YOU are NOT the authority to change it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 12:54 PM

How is New Jersey considered Mid-Atlantic...are you talking like the country part of Southern and Central New Jersey (Pine Barrens, Gloucester?)??!! People in West New York, Hoboken and Irvington might slap you for saying such blasphemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
Not going to happen. 'Northeastern is generally considered to be the states North and East of New York.

Mid Atlantic is considered to be NY, PA, NJ, DE, and sometimes MD.

The Upper South is NC, VA, and sometimes MD, TN, KY.

The Lower South is SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA.

I find it all kind of silly.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:56 PM

We need more people from New York and New Jersey to move down here and take over the state of MD from these silly hillbillies and ex-slaves enslaved Marylanders!!! God (if there is one cause' I'm starting to question..LOL) help the state of Maryland.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:02 PM

Ok?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
All I was getting at is that in the South, grits are found on breakfast tables more often than oatmeal or cream of wheat.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:09 PM

THAT MASON DIXON LINE IS A CULTURAL ILLUSION!!!! I understand its historical, political and military significance during early America...but... it's still an imaginary line to me (culturally speaking).

Ok, with that said...how do you explain the state of Pennsylvania being referred to as "Pennsylvtucky" for it's obvious slow, old timey, sleep, southern demeanor.

Unfortunately, the American Public School system is about as right as a broken clock in Singapore. We were taught many incorrect things is what I'm referring to. Things not grounded in reality and keen scientific understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
ANY state BELOW the Mason Dixon line is considered "Southern"

They used to teach that in school.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:12 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
THAT MASON DIXON LINE IS A CULTURAL ILLUSION!!!! I understand its historical, political and military significance during early America...but... it's still an imaginary line to me (culturally speaking).

Ok, with that said...how do you explain the state of Pennsylvania being referred to as "Pennsylvtucky" for it's obvious slow, old timey, sleep, southern demeanor.

Unfortunately, the American Public School system is about as right as a broken clock in Singapore. We were taught many incorrect things is what I'm referring to. Things not grounded in reality and keen scientific understanding.
Have you ever been to Pennsylvania? Southern?

The only people who refer to it as Pennsyltucky are James Carver and other................morons, let's say.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:15 PM

5,117 posts, read 6,100,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
We need more people from New York and New Jersey to move down here and take over the state of MD from these silly hillbillies and ex-slaves enslaved Marylanders!!! God (if there is one cause' I'm starting to question..LOL) help the state of Maryland.
Please NO.As far as I'm concerned y'all can go back where you came from and let us enjoy our state. I'm tired of Yankee and BoSox fans taking over the prime seats at O's games as well as NJ drivers who try to push my bumper on I-95. I'll leave your states alone if you leave mine alone

Old 08-18-2015, 01:59 PM

First of Dad, I used to work for Aramark Corp/Camden Yards for a few seasons, and if it weren't for Boston Red Sox and NY Yankees fans, many vendors and business merchants wouldn't make bottom line$$ (read that as: Orioles fans don't have the deep pockets of disposable income like fans in Boston/New York). They take over prime seats cause' O's fans don't want, or refuse to spend money on their team. Economically, the city should be happy that New York and Boston fans are willing to travel south for their teams. It allows them to spend money in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
Please NO.As far as I'm concerned y'all can go back where you came from and let us enjoy our state. I'm tired of Yankee and BoSox fans taking over the prime seats at O's games as well as NJ drivers who try to push my bumper on I-95. I'll leave your states alone if you leave mine alone

Old 08-18-2015, 02:01 PM

Yes and Yes! And the state of Pennsylvania has one foot and both hands stux in the sticks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Have you ever been to Pennsylvania? Southern?

The only people who refer to it as Pennsyltucky are James Carver and other................morons, let's say.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:03 PM

We don't WANT Maryland in the South!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland