Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:01 PM

119 posts, read 176,183 times

Advertisements

I'm not angry at all. New England just isn't for me. A lot of people love it and a lot of people don't. I just know it's not for me and I'm happier out of the Northeast. Everyone is different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 06:11 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Yes, different strokes for different folks! You sounded angry about us here. No offense meant.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:55 PM

Nah I'm not a negative guy. I just like warm weather year round.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:09 AM

1,038 posts, read 3,997,347 times
I don't think I could tolerate those Phoeniz temps. I'd melt just like the WWW!

Old 01-22-2008, 06:19 PM

Well I'm only here until Sunday and then I have to head to CA for a week. All I do is travel. When I moved to the Cape I really hadn't seen much of the country and I thought the Cape was the best place in the world. Once I started traveling around the country I quickly realized I would be much happier other places, preferably the West Coast and Southeast. Plus you have to realize, more people are leaving MA than moving in. There is a definitely a reason behind it and it's not the cost of living for the most part. I think it's the quality of life.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:08 PM

6 posts, read 42,073 times
Default Qaulity of Life

Depends what you justify quality of life to be! We are comming from L.I. NY and are moving for a better quality of life at the cape.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:13 PM

6 posts, read 42,073 times
Interviewing next week at the cape as the first interview went great. Can I pick your brain a little more?

Old 02-01-2008, 08:55 AM

I will say I could see the quality of life being better than living in LI. I do think the Cape is great for people who have families and who don't like hustle & bustle. I loved living on the Cape but being a single professional it got very boring for me because there aren't many other like minded people as myself. There are a lot of older people and blue collared people on the Cape which is fine, but it just wasn't exciting enough for me. You're very limited on the Cape if you're a fan of adventure. I do think the quality of life will be much better for you though.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:54 PM

1,038 posts, read 3,997,347 times
Ronnie, I have to disagree, especially from the Upper Cape. I have very easy access to Boston and Providence and all those cities offer, while still getting to enjoy Cape living and the quality of life my children enjoy.
I can see why someone who lives "Down-Cape" may feel a bit secluded though. Most people look at Cape Cod and think it's so small and it takes 5 minutes to get from one end to the other. Not so, especially in the summer. South of Barnstable can be a challenge if you want to get off-Cape.
Good Luck on the interview, Scott&Jenn!

Old 02-03-2008, 08:49 AM

I think once your kids are grown up and young adults they're going to want off the Cape. The Cape is the worst place in the world for young, single adults who are educated professional's. That's one of the main reasons I don't like it. If you're raising kids, are married, or are retired it's great. If you're an educated young professional like myself it's not a good place to be. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts