Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 07:37 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplo View Post
Doing 60 in a 50 mph zone is one thing, maybe, but doing 93 in a 65 mph zone is a whole other matter. The guy should shut the hell up, take his punishment, pay his ticket, and slow the hell down next time. No sympathy from these quarters.
I don't think (he or I or anyone else) cares about your sympathy.
Your statement is analogous to saying "Hey, I shot my neighbor with a .50BMG, and I only should have only used a .22" Geez, a whole other matter.
I will deny everything due to liability reasons, but he should easily be able to get out of it. Been there, done that, more than once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 07:28 AM

12,868 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Boy, it's easy for people to judge others and say some pretty harsh things behind the veil of anonymity that the internet provides.

The OP is a teenager. Which one of us hasn't done something stupid as a teenager? One poster said that he should have "taken himself out of the gene pool." Nice. If all of us who did dumb things as teenagers took ourselves "out of the gene pool," The human race would cease to exist. He sped pretty bad... he's OK and he's learned a lesson. That's part of growing up. Hopefully he gets a second chance from the court. For my little bit of anonymous judgment, I think a lot less of the person who feels a teenager should speed in the boonies where they can "take them self out of the gene pool" than I do of the kid who got busted going 28mph over the limit. A teenager who speeds can easily learn a lesson and move on. An adult who thinks so little of kid who commits a relatively minor offense (one that many/all kids get away with regularly) is metaphorical pee in the gene pool in my opinion. No one likes pee in the pool.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:19 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Teenager or not- At those speeds he could have killed someone. It wasn't like he was doing 5-10mph over the speed limit. He knows he is in the wrong and rightfully so should take the punishment instead of trying to weasel way out of it.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:33 AM

943 posts, read 1,845,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wk786 View Post
I got my first speeding ticket going 93 in a 65 zone (not construction zone or anything). Offense was speeding chapter 90 section 17. The officer checked off the 'lidar" and "estimated" boxes. The date on the ticket is not very readable. I am 18, have been driving for 2 years with clean record. I am on my parents insurance. Is it worth fighting this ticket? Will I get any demerit points for this offense? Will it increase my/or my parents insurance costs? The fine does not worry me. What worries me is the rise in insurance prices, and the fact that this will stay on my record. I guess I should have thought of that before speeding. How many years will this ticket stay on my record? Please help as I am new to this state and country.

If this ticket is worth fighting, does anyone have any good lawyers they can recommend?

Thanks in advance...

i hope you learned a lesson from this.....I hope they do give you a big fine and it will stay on your DMV as long as it can...... maybe then you will learn to obey the law. and yes your parents have to suffer insurance wise for your ignorance to the law. BTW lucky you did not hit an or kill anyone THIS TIME. part of the fine should be to make reckless drivers like you to watch a 3 hour gruesome documentary on people who were killed by people like you.

Last edited by =Lavender=; 07-11-2012 at 09:50 AM..

Old 07-11-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins_Fan View Post
I disagree with the previous poster. Fight the ticket, you may be able to get it reduced, or possibly beat it. I'm not sure it works exactly as in the past, but if a cop didn't show up in court the ticket was dismissed (this happened to me in the late 80s). I think the specific officer may no longer need to appear before the magistrate, but nonetheless, in my view it's worth fighting on the chance you may beat it.

And yes, in the future, you should slow down

and then he will do it again and maybe kill someone........ great . LEt the judge teach him a lesson so he will think about that fine every time he puts the peddle to the metal and may kill someone for being irresponsible driver.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Seriously!?!

Your only hope is to attend the court hearing with the attempt to lower the fine. Be present in professional attire, show that your a tax paying citizen who made "1 time" mistake.

an the next time he does it an kills someone should we consider that a mistake to........ the fact that he wants to fight a ticket that he was doing way over the speed just proves to me he did not learn a lesson all he wants to do is save his anus and not mark his DMV or his parents insurance. he is a threat to anyone on the road pedestrian and driver.

Also this may be his first ticket but something tells me he has been a avid speeder who finally got caught.

MAYBE THIS LINK WILL TEACH YOU SOMETHING

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/brochures/jo...s_brochure.pdf

Last edited by =Lavender=; 07-11-2012 at 09:53 AM..

Old 07-11-2012, 10:01 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
an the next time he does it an kills someone should we consider that a mistake to........ the fact that he wants to fight a ticket that he was doing way over the speed just proves to me he did not learn a lesson all he wants to do is save his anus and not mark his DMV or his parents insurance. he is a threat to anyone on the road pedestrian and driver.

Also this may be his first ticket but something tells me he has been a avid speeder who finally got caught.
OK !!! he is guilty ( the cop wrote him a ticket ! RIGHT !) make him pay a huge fine , ya really think that will make him a better driver ?
NOW for someone really trying to beat the ticket, another poster stated that in Mass. the cops never go to court someone else is there and reads from a card?

Then there is only one thing to do and that is to "DEMAND that a Verified complaint be filed on the complaint" , by the injured party. thats your constitutional right. Then if the cop is there , you ask him how he determined you were violating the law. Then you ask what his injury is ?, and what treatment he is receiving for that so called injury ? ( this is your right to face your accuser and question him/her)

If the cop that wrote the ticket is not there , and they don't have a verified complaint filed then you request the case be dismissed for lack of proper prosecution. Also never plead guilty make them show to proof that you are.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
OK !!! he is guilty ( the cop wrote him a ticket ! RIGHT !) make him pay a huge fine , ya really think that will make him a better driver ?
NOW for someone really trying to beat the ticket, another poster stated that in Mass. the cops never go to court someone else is there and reads from a card?

Then there is only one thing to do and that is to "DEMAND that a Verified complaint be filed on the complaint" , by the injured party. thats your constitutional right. Then if the cop is there , you ask him how he determined you were violating the law. Then you ask what his injury is ?, and what treatment he is receiving for that so called injury ? ( this is your right to face your accuser and question him/her)

If the cop that wrote the ticket is not there , and they don't have a verified complaint filed then you request the case be dismissed for lack of proper prosecution. Also never plead guilty make them show to proof that you are.

like someone posted they have a seperate staff that shows up for the police.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
It was mentioned driving 93 in a 65 zone is very dangerous. I see cops speeding down roads at 100+. It must not be that dangerous then.

this has to do with a reckless 18 yr old speeding cops have nothing to do with what he did. thats another thread. I agree its not safe but does not give 18 yr old the right to speed and possibly kill others

Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post

Yea thats right ! nail him to the wall! fine him big time , that will make him a better driver? also forget about the rights he has ( Innocent untill PROVEN GUILTY).

Now for the answer to his question . At your first hearing you simply demand that a verified complaint be filed on the complaint . Another poster stated in Masss. the cops never appear , some one else reads from a card?

In demanding the verified complaint , you are excersizing your constitutional rights to due process, now constitutionally you have a right to question your accuser ( The Cop ) and ask questions like ,
how he determined you were violating any law,
what eqiuipoment was used?, when was it last certified,
you ask him how was he injured ? ,
what treatment is he recieving for that ? injury.
If you are not given this constitutional right the Court doesn't have the proper documents to properly prosecute you, and in doing that have violated your rights to due process, a lot more serious crime than whay you have been accused of doing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts