Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 08:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,901 times

Advertisements

Hi all, first post. I'm relocating back to the Boston area this summer. My wife and I are starting to hone in on a few towns including Bolton, Harvard, and Littleton. I will be commuting into North Station by rail and was wondering about parking at the Littleton MBTA station. How early does the lot fill? Is there a better option like driving to the Acton station?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 09:16 AM

187 posts, read 217,232 times
I am not that familiar with the commuting question, I would think the Acton station would be a better choice. I live in Stow and love the town/neighborhood and general area that we live in. We also looked at Bolton (would have loved Harvard but was not in the budget). My husband wanted Stow because of commute, he felt Bolton would have added an extra 15-20 minutes each way. Might be another town to check out, we live on the North side of Stow, very close to Acton and the Acton station.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:14 AM

44 posts, read 53,568 times
I can't reliably answer your questions about parking availability in the Littleton or South Action stations, but I will tell you that the Littleton station allows you to pay for parking via the PayByPhone app, while South Action is still "stuck in the Stone Age", requiring you to pay with quarters.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:52 AM

5,016 posts, read 3,914,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdex86 View Post
I can't reliably answer your questions about parking availability in the Littleton or South Action stations, but I will tell you that the Littleton station allows you to pay for parking via the PayByPhone app, while South Action is still "stuck in the Stone Age", requiring you to pay with quarters.
Littleton just recieved a $1.5M chunk from MA to increase parking. It's been a problem there, and often time people simply get dropped off by their partners. I'm not sure if they've broken ground or how many spots it's adding, but it may be worth calling on.

OP, not sure what part of Bolton/Harvard you like more than some other towns, but they're not ideal commuter locations. I'd definitely entertain Acton, Littleton, or Westford. Westford, of course, does not have a train station much like Bolton or Harvard, but keep in mind that you can be only 5/10 minutes from the Littleton train on that side of town. Or, you can hit the Lowell train. Or Acton. It's essentially sandwiched between the three. Personally, I'd choose Acton>Westford>Littleton>Harvard>Bolton based on desirability and ideal housing climate. Westford is an easy shot down rt 3 or through Carlisle/Bedford for all of the jobs, and the schools are consistently mentioned as tops in the state.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 2,901 times
Thanks, everyone!

Old 02-27-2018, 12:34 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,641,530 times
I would add Stow to your list. Easier commute to the Acton and West Concord stations. Maynard too, unless you have your heart set on something more country and picturesque. I think Maynard, bang for buck, due to location and having something of a downtown, has the best chance of maintaining value should there be a real estate downturn in the near or distant future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts