Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2020, 02:38 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,549,657 times

Advertisements

Curious to know what field you’re in where the salary is cut in half in nyc.

As someone whose parents own a cape house even I think the cape is a bit overrated. There are some beautiful beaches no doubt.

You seem to be a very positive person. I won’t even go there on the public transportation system here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2020, 02:43 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,021,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Curious to know what field you’re in where the salary is cut in half in nyc.

As someone whose parents own a cape house even I think the cape is a bit overrated. There are some beautiful beaches no doubt.

You seem to be a very positive person. I won’t even go there on the public transportation system here.
Not positive, just the lot of people on here love complaining about how bad MA is when its not even half bad in anything besides housing affordability. If it was that bad of a state it wouldn't consistently rank #1-10 for the Best states to live in.

nd UP starting salaries are in the 30-35k range in NYC... sure the average might be higher in comparison to Boston, but you can get a starting UP/TP job with a Masters in Boston for 70k a year. I make roughly 20-25% less than that and I have yet to get my MURP or MRRP

Its frustrating because people in Mass don't know how good they have it if they have a good job.

Old 01-22-2020, 02:50 PM

What is UP/TP?

ma is not the worst place to live. It’s just become less accessible to many in many different ways. For me it’s more how long it takes to get from point A to point B now whether it be by train or car. I say this as someone who has young kids. Having kids is already work. Driving a long distance with them is even more work. Or taking the train.

Last edited by Bridge781; 01-22-2020 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: N

Old 01-22-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
What is UP/TP?

ma is not the worst place to live. It’s just become less accessible to many in many different ways. For me it’s more how long it takes to get from point A to point B now whether it be by train or car.
Transportation Planning in Urban Planning.

Yes the traffic has gotten worse over the years from the huge influx of people, but thats up to the voters to elect politicians who are gun hoe on improving our transportation. The $10 Billion improvement plan is an amazing first step. The next NSRL, Electrification of Regional Rail and Blue Line to Red Line, would be the next best steps to alleviate the woes.

But when people keep electing these representatives who don't do anything or want to hold the MBTA accountable for mismanagement.. its equally the citizen's fault.

Old 01-22-2020, 02:57 PM

I’ve kind of given up on the train stuff. By the time it’s improved if that ever happens I will hopefully be retired

Old 01-22-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I’ve kind of given up on the train stuff. By the time it’s improved if that ever happens I will hopefully be retired
True.. read back into plans from the 80s that still havent even taken off the ground. But its getting better, and only will get better with new Red/Orange/Green Line Trains, a 10 Billion dollar upgrade to signaling and tracking, and of course the GLX.

However, its still not nearly enough and this should have all been done in the 90s.

Old 01-22-2020, 05:20 PM

11,061 posts, read 12,456,973 times
Quote:
What is UP/TP?

ma is not the worst place to live. It’s just become less accessible to many in many different ways. For me it’s more how long it takes to get from point A to point B now whether it be by train or car. I say this as someone who has young kids. Having kids is already work. Driving a long distance with them is even more work. Or taking the train.
Yeah there is no good way to go anywhere. It really got annoying for me. This really drastically lowers quality of life imo. Not to be overlooked.

Old 01-22-2020, 06:50 PM

7,925 posts, read 7,818,729 times
Scrape off the car? They make covers for windshields. $20 and it rips right off with no snow. Easily some of the best money I spent on my car. I have covers for the side mirrors as well. Turn on the rear defroster and it's hardly any time at all to get out.

Old 01-22-2020, 07:51 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Yeah there is no good way to go anywhere. It really got annoying for me. This really drastically lowers quality of life imo. Not to be overlooked.
I’m glad someone gets it. Now if I were a multi millionaire living in back bay or the seaport I’d have everything in walking distance. Most people are like me though-not a multi millionaire living in back bay. Sure call me negative or lazy but it takes a toll especially when you already are commuting to the city for work I sure as heck don’t feel like taking my kids into the city when I have downtime. But there is a lot to do there that we all would enjoy together. There just isn’t time.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:11 AM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
dude, you really have no idea what you are talking about
atlantic canada is dessapearing

canada is importing people IN-MASSE to try to stop the decline, do not let recent numbers about population increase fool you. you know those immigrants will not stay there. importing people is a way for politicians to put a band aid in the problem.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle23554298/
LMAO! You are proven wrong so you move the goal posts and post an article from 2015. A lot has changed since then "dude", and yes much of it is due to immigration.

https://www.thestar.com/halifax/2019...-the-rise.html
https://www.cicnews.com/2019/12/reco...html#gs.uatky5
https://business.financialpost.com/n...uoyant-economy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts