Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2022, 06:44 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I'm very surprised. I haven't used a delivery service since May 2020. Especially with N95s freely available, and the average person in public in MA being vaxxed, no way do I fear getting Covid in a supermarket!
I believe I heard most of the transmission by a ton is done at home from family members and friends.

restaurants only account for like 2 percent of transmission. don't know the figure for supermarkets but I assume you have to be around someone infected for some time and just passing by someone is not enough to catch covid. however, I don't know about the new variant "moronic" I mean omicron. if you mix the letters up of omicron you get moronic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 06:49 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I believe I heard most of the transmission by a ton is done at home from family members and friends.

restaurants only account for like 2 percent of transmission. don't know the figure for supermarkets but I assume you have to be around someone infected for some time and just passing by someone is not enough to catch covid. however, I don't know about the new variant "moronic" I mean omicron. if you mix the letters up of omicron you get moronic.
Omicron is touted as being highly infectous, but I know of more than a few instances where 1 or 2 family members in a home have it, and the others never come down with it.

Two of our friends continued to sleep in the same bed as their spouse while sick. The spouse never showed symptoms and continued to test negative.

Old 01-06-2022, 07:00 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Omicron is touted as being highly infectous, but I know of more than a few instances where 1 or 2 family members in a home have it, and the others never come down with it.

Two of our friends continued to sleep in the same bed as their spouse while sick. The spouse never showed symptoms and continued to test negative.
that is very interesting. so many factors come into play maybe that spouse had covid before and now has immunity or maybe the spouse that did not get covid had higher vitamin d levels. I plan on getting some vitamin d myself this winter. I have seen doctors say that taking vitamin d could make a difference in whether you get it or not.

while omicron is very contagious I heard it's turning into a bad cold with a sore throat which is a lot less dangerous than being in the lungs. this could be good news. I watched the dr Malone interview on joe organ and he talks about the virus being a lot less dangerous. Dr. Malone was one of the doctors that had a part in creating the Mrna Vaccines. It was a great interview I found it on youtube before they took it off but sometimes different people re-upload it. early treatment was neglected with covid causing people to die.

Old 01-07-2022, 10:33 AM

16,412 posts, read 8,215,049 times
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...9yXj0WBwTPlwaQ

Old 01-07-2022, 09:59 PM

266 posts, read 236,332 times
Wow my town is trying to order mask mandates again. Pure Nazi policy. These mandate people have no ideas of the level of resentment against them that they are generating

Old 01-08-2022, 01:30 PM

6,133 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebruiser500 View Post
Wow my town is trying to order mask mandates again. Pure Nazi policy. These mandate people have no ideas of the level of resentment against them that they are generating
"muh freedumb"

Old 01-08-2022, 02:20 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
"muh freedumb"
Here in CT people are practically begging the governor to mandate masks again for a while. A few towns have done it on their own but with the number of cases we're having (and will continue to have) this month from Omicron, people want to feel safer. A lot of people are back to staying home if others aren't wearing masks. So many people are sick that restaurants have to shut down until the employees recover.

Even though you now need an N95 or a surgical plus a good cloth mask over it, it's still not a big deal to use a mask until we get through this difficult time. "They" say that by the middle of Feb this Omicron should be on the decline, maybe even earlier. And we all know that SPRING is just around the corner!!!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2022, 04:52 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post

In most cases, it's at home, in offices, etc. However, omicron is a whole other beast and of my coworkers who are currently sick, two of them got sick after 2 weeks of their family only being together except for a few trips to the grocery store. One of my coworkers was infected by her in-laws who similarly hadn't visited anyone else or gone anywhere but the grocery store in weeks.

That 2% transmission rate hasn't been updated for our current circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebruiser500 View Post

If it's a Nazi policy, where should I be hiding so that I don't have to dig my own grave before being shot into it, like my great aunts and uncles? Where are the gas chambers that took my cousins and other relatives who didn't get out of Europe in time?

Grow up.

Old 01-09-2022, 06:00 AM

7,925 posts, read 7,818,729 times
I can get it if you don't like needles and you want a covid pill bug seriously being against male is just stupid. If you think things can't spread from that I don't know what to tell you. Years ago I caught a cold from a person who didn't close her mouth when she coughed. I saw an elderly coworker I managed practically die of a cold long ago.

This has nothing even remotely close to fascism. What specific books and policies would you say make this akin.

Old 01-09-2022, 06:36 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Anyone using the COVID exposure alerts feature on their phone? I’ve had mine on since it came out (a year ago? Maybe more?) and I got an alert for the first time ever yesterday. It said:

Quote:
You May Have Been Exposed to COVID-19

Another MassNotify user who you were recently near has reported they have tested positive for COVID-19. Based on the strength and duration of anonymous Bluetooth signals received by your phone when they were nearby, it is likely you were exposed to the virus. Your identity was not shared.

If you are not vaccinated, the best course of action is to get tested for COVID-19. If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 any time in the 14 days after exposure, you should get tested again. Information about when to get tested is available at mass.gov/massnotify/nextsteps

If you are fully vaccinated (you have received both doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines, or a single dose of the J&J/Janssen vaccine, more than 2 weeks ago), you do not need to get tested unless you have symptoms of COVID-19. Since it is still possible to get COVID-19 after you have been vaccinated, if you develop symptoms at any point in the 14 days after your exposure, please get tested and stay home so you don’t spread disease to other people.

Additional information from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, including information about getting tested, is also available at mass.gov/massnotify/nextsteps
The exposure was 9 days ago, according to the app. I actually tested yesterday morning and the results came back negative. But I have to imagine the utilization of this function on phones is extremely low. We’ve been to breweries, bars, restaurants, regularly on public transit, comedy shows, airports, planes, stadiums, arenas, etc. and never once have I received an alert. There’s zero chance that I haven’t been in close proximity to someone who tested positive in all that time. But I think it’s out of sight, out of mind for some. I honestly forgot about it until I received the alert. And it does require you to self report a positive test. I doubt many people are reporting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts