Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2023, 07:02 AM

959 posts, read 539,979 times

Advertisements

None of contact rules were strictly enforced or enforced at all. Most people visited relatives or friends after maybe first several months. Rules (rather recommendations) helped making people be more aware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2023, 07:22 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
None of contact rules were strictly enforced or enforced at all. Most people visited relatives or friends after maybe first several months. Rules (rather recommendations) helped making people be more aware.
Do you have kids ? The mask rules at schools and pick up drop off routine were strictly enforced

I'm saying that people were too afraid to see family. They could have but seems like the bat**** crazy came out in many people because of what they were being told.

Old 08-21-2023, 08:03 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Do you have kids ? The mask rules at schools and pick up drop off routine were strictly enforced

I'm saying that people were too afraid to see family. They could have but seems like the bat**** crazy came out in many people because of what they were being told.
In the early stages before vaccines and when no one knew how to deal with covid, it was a good idea to isolate. I was guardian to my cousin in a nursing home. I didn't see her for a long time and that made perfect sense to me. Did I want to purposely expose myself to covid at my age? Did I want to become a carrier and give covid to my husband at home?

You don't know that people "could have" seen family. Staying away probably saved lives in many cases. We did the best we knew how--not perfect, but this disease was unknown.

Old 08-21-2023, 08:06 AM

Quote:

I am talking about visiting relatives and friends.
People were scared yes, it was unknown pandemic, so it is natural. Most people used precaution and visited after a while though. I know countries where people were fined for such things.

Old 08-21-2023, 08:09 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
I am talking about visiting relatives and friends.
People were scared yes, it was unknown pandemic, so it is natural. Most people used precaution and visited after a while though. I know countries where people were fined for such things.
ok and that was my point. Many people didn't see families, didn't go to normally scheduled dr's appointments. Things like that are now having repurcussions.

I was on a walk yesterday on a quiet trail and a young woman walked by me wearing a mask. Clearly that is one paranoid person to be out on a walk in the fresh air and feels the need to put on a mask. Don't bother saying, oh they might be immunocompromised (doesn't matter).

Old 08-21-2023, 08:29 AM

3,627 posts, read 1,851,774 times
Quote:
ok and that was my point. Many people didn't see families, didn't go to normally scheduled dr's appointments. Things like that are now having repurcussions.

I was on a walk yesterday on a quiet trail and a young woman walked by me wearing a mask. Clearly that is one paranoid person to be out on a walk in the fresh air and feels the need to put on a mask. Don't bother saying, oh they might be immunocompromised (doesn't matter).
Yeah, I always think that's a bit over the top when I see people outside in the fresh, open air wearing a mask when they clearly are taking a walk, not just wearing it because they're headed into a building soon.

Old 08-21-2023, 08:36 AM

Quote:
While I sometimes think like that too I try not to assign diagnoses as I am not a professional psychologist /psychiatrist etc. I do not have all information either.

What important for me is not what other people do (their choice right?), but measures imposed on everybody and dynamic of this.

Old 08-21-2023, 08:36 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Yeah, I always think that's a bit over the top when I see people outside in the fresh, open air wearing a mask when they clearly are taking a walk, not just wearing it because they're headed into a building soon.
Exactly. I was walking with a group and one of the teenage girls goes, why is that person wearing a mask outside? It's just common sense at this point.

Even wearing it into a building at this point seems like over kill to me. If someone chooses to do that, of course that's their right but it seems odd. Unless it's a hospital or something, it's like wearing sunglasses inside at this point.

Old 08-21-2023, 09:07 AM

3,627 posts, read 1,851,774 times
Quote:
Exactly. I was walking with a group and one of the teenage girls goes, why is that person wearing a mask outside? It's just common sense at this point.

Even wearing it into a building at this point seems like over kill to me. If someone chooses to do that, of course that's their right but it seems odd. Unless it's a hospital or something, it's like wearing sunglasses inside at this point.
I do wear sunglasses inside every now and then. I usually try to take them off and leave them in my car if I'm going into the grocery store or something so they don't get scratched if I throw them in my bag. When I don't do that I'd rather just leave them on in the store vs risk having the lenses get scratched in my bag!

Old 08-21-2023, 09:08 AM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Quote:

Let's shame people for doing what they're comfortable doing to protect themselves.

And no, it's not "just common sense at this point".

And no, it's not "like wearing sunglasses inside at this point".

And I will bother saying "oh they might be immunocompromised". (And yes, it does matter.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts