Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2023, 03:08 PM

3,393 posts, read 1,547,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Nobody should be shaming others for wearing masks.
Nobody should be shaming others for not wearing a mask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2023, 03:26 PM

16,359 posts, read 8,174,665 times
I went to a walk through at both my kids elementary schools today and I didn't see one person wearing a mask.

Old 08-29-2023, 03:37 PM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Then why bother even wearing one if you aren't going to wear it the right way? Nose hanging out defeats the whole purpose.
Exactly my point. People may have been cowed into wearing them the first place. That doesn’t mean that they were going to put too much effort into it. Citizens we’re not going to be forced to live in a dystopian world for any length of time. (posted yesterday, somehow it saved to Blogs).

Old 08-29-2023, 03:42 PM

3,612 posts, read 1,836,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Exactly my point. People may have been cowed into wearing them the first place. That doesn’t mean that they were going to put too much effort into it. Citizens we’re not going to be forced to live in a dystopian world for any length of time. (posted yesterday, somehow it saved to Blogs).
Well, that notion would make sense back when mask mandates were widespread and in place. However, there aren't really many places now requiring masks so my point is why do I still see people wearing them in places like the grocery store (which doesn't require them) wearing masks with their noses hanging out? What's the point?

Old 08-29-2023, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Well, that notion would make sense back when mask mandates were widespread and in place. However, there aren't really many places now requiring masks so my point is why do I still see people wearing them in places like the grocery store (which doesn't require them) wearing masks with their noses hanging out? What's the point?
To make a point obviously.

Old 08-29-2023, 03:47 PM

3,612 posts, read 1,836,365 times
Quote:
and what point would that be? Masks are not required in Market Basket, so if you are truly concerned about catching Covid or any seasonal flu why are you wearing a mask haphazardly with your nose hanging out, allowing virus particles to freely flow into your nasal passages?

Old 08-29-2023, 03:49 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,543,613 times
Quote:
or not wearing them. if an individual feels for whatever reason they need "protection" thenthats ok. Its also ok not to wear one. But this is Ma. afterall. All should salute .

Old 08-29-2023, 03:59 PM

17,716 posts, read 9,181,543 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Nobody should be shaming others for not wearing a mask.
in_newengland shouldn't have to explain to anyone why she wears a mask. You, jbgusa, and williepaws need to stop pushing a political agenda. There are people who are high risk for severe covid...and covid is deadly for them, not just a cold. It has nothing to do with politics.

Old 08-29-2023, 06:07 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
in_newengland shouldn't have to explain to anyone why she wears a mask. You, jbgusa, and williepaws need to stop pushing a political agenda. There are people who are high risk for severe covid...and covid is deadly for them, not just a cold. It has nothing to do with politics.
I've been sick with allergies for the last few days so when I go out tonight to walk the dog I will be wearing a mask. At night in the dark. Alone except for a dog. It is my choice to walk around the apartment complex wearing a mask.

And now I have another added reason to wear a mask when I go into a store. My sister called this afternoon and she has covid. She lives in Virginia but covid is definitely out there and I don't feel like getting it, especially at my age and with my state of health. Not political and not a laughing matter.

Old 08-29-2023, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
and what point would that be? Masks are not required in Market Basket, so if you are truly concerned about catching Covid or any seasonal flu why are you wearing a mask haphazardly with your nose hanging out, allowing virus particles to freely flow into your nasal passages?
To make the point that they so deeply care about others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts