Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2020, 02:11 PM

16,398 posts, read 8,198,277 times

Advertisements

Well i'm sorry but I do think school and having activities for kids is important. I also think my job is important. These are trying times. I dont know any parent who thinks this isnt a big deal. Back in March I think everyone was trying to make the best of this and trying to find things to enjoy. There are still things to enjoy but I personally am anxious about when school will be 'normal' again. Anyone who isnt anxious or worried is lying or weird.

A solution for all this is private school and it's something we are thinking about. I just dont trust that next fall things will be 'normal' with where we're at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 02:16 PM

448 posts, read 282,292 times
I dont know anything about private school for younger kids. Is that a solution? If you think so, ok.

Normal? I heard on the radio today there could be a vaccine this calendary year, but people would delay that and things wouldnt be normal til after the summer of 21.

Old 10-29-2020, 02:24 PM

16,398 posts, read 8,198,277 times
A vaccine will be helpful, but as we know people get the flu shot and still get the flu.

Well the thing about private school is that they are in session 5 days a week. I think that's better from an education perspective than what is happening now. And yes I wouldn't have to do my job and homeschool at the same time.

Old 10-29-2020, 03:25 PM

15,797 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtolpin View Post

Normal? I heard on the radio today there could be a vaccine this calendary year, but people would delay that and things wouldnt be normal til after the summer of 21.

Realistically, we are probably looking at Q2 or Q3 before vaccine administration is widespread. It also seems like it’s a 2dose system.

To makes things worse, it seems the antibodies do wear off, so we may need to get the vaccine multiple times. The US can pull this off, other countries not so much. That likely means we are stuck with covid for a while...

Old 10-29-2020, 03:29 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtolpin View Post
I dont know anything about private school for younger kids. Is that a solution? If you think so, ok.

If a vaccine comes out, it will take months for everyone to receive one. The manufacturing and logistics have to be finalized. One of the potentials needs to be stored in a deep freeze - that is going to make distributing it difficult.

IIRC, the goal is to vaccinate essential workers first, then the susceptible, then we lowly minions last.

Old 10-29-2020, 03:38 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,099,314 times
Didn’t our exalted leader promise a vaccine in a couple weeks during the first debate?

Old 10-29-2020, 04:19 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Realistically, we are probably looking at Q2 or Q3 before vaccine administration is widespread. It also seems like it’s a 2dose system.

To makes things worse, it seems the antibodies do wear off, so we may need to get the vaccine multiple times. The US can pull this off, other countries not so much. That likely means we are stuck with covid for a while...
Yeah somebody said that the coronavirus vaccine is going to be a lot more like the flu vaccine than say the measles or polio vaccines. Hopefully the virus does not mutate so many times like the flu as for scientists to not be able to catch up with it.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:27 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
A solution for all this is private school and it's something we are thinking about.
Private schools closed in March. I wouldn't count on them to remain open with the way things are going.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:35 PM

15,797 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Private schools closed in March. I wouldn't count on them to remain open with the way things are going.
Then you are stuck with kids at home, and a tuition bill

Old 10-29-2020, 06:18 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,780,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
If a vaccine comes out, it will take months for everyone to receive one. The manufacturing and logistics have to be finalized. One of the potentials needs to be stored in a deep freeze - that is going to make distributing it difficult.

IIRC, the goal is to vaccinate essential workers first, then the susceptible, then we lowly minions last.
I think Pfizer is still targeting mid November now to decide on whether to submit for approval. And yes it sounds like their vaccine is going to be a pain to distribute. It did sound like they would be able to ramp up soon after getting approval.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts