Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2020, 05:14 PM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times

Advertisements

People just need to start leaving the state if they care about their lives and quality of life.

I suggest Arizona or Idaho, just leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 05:59 PM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Anarchy is a concept does not imply violence. I could make it legitimate argument that there are many aspects of traditional New England culture which do have an anarchist like mentalities. The most obvious being open town meeting followed by the actual using acceptance of food banks and volunteer fire departments.

Getting back to topic as a subject of Public Health yes there can be standards. Just like all buildings are pretty much governed by not just the actions of a fire marshal but also the Board of Health and a Building Commissioner. I might not have the firmest belief in a higher power but I do believe in viruses and bacteria and when that can directly compromise health and safety of not just myself but others I can be concerned about that.

In referencing the seatbelt law you have to understand that at least Massachusetts you're not going to be cited for that unless you get pulled over for something else. Which explains why the second anybody gets pulled over they Tinsley go for the seat belt to make it look like at least they were bubbles. I always wear mine for a variety of reasons but it's a little bit stupid to say that you should drive without one. Back in the day there were certain cars like a Ford Tempo that actually had automatic seat belts but they were largely pulled from the market. I go to Connecticut frequently in one of the biggest differences I see there is Connecticut does not have a helmet law for motorcycles. I think that is a very stupid because in all likelihood that helmet is going to save your life should anything happen and I know people personally that I've driven motorcycles and have been hit by others.

Long ago I worked in a warehouse environment and safety is job number one. Some people might say it's a joke and others might say she put profit first but nobody wants to be injured on the job or get injured suppliers let alone customers. Could we let a few safety things here in their laps? Absolutely. But when something happens and it comes up that you did something safe before now it's not what is the recourse supposed to be?

Ever see this German forklift video? A lot of it is pretty funny but it does keep you thinking about safety. (bloody but fake probably NSFW)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fork...Day_on_the_Job

Of course some do believe things with health even if they're proven to not exist. Way back in the day and the mid-to-late eighties I remember this one.

https://www.nytimes.com/1988/12/24/o...ry-197588.html

But you know maybe it kind of makes sense in that you have some drug dealer trying to get people hooked so we make something in the shape of a cartoon character and tells them it's a tattoo when it really isn't. Except that LSD isn't addictive and what's a kid going to do to pay for it anyway?

I'm getting really sick of some of the conspiracy BS and people that aren't taking this that seriously. Wash your hands, wear a mask and keep distancing.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:09 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
People just need to start leaving the state if they care about their lives and quality of life.

Yes, they need to get out of this state and go live in one of those stupid states where everyone is spreading the virus around. Then they can get sick or see other people get sick and suffer and maybe die. They can hear on tv about the hospitals being overrun and they get to laugh at all of it. They really do need to go.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:15 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:

Please do us a favor and don't move to a swing state! (So...Idaho is fine, Arizona, no )

Old 11-05-2020, 06:16 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Perhaps listen to well respected scientists rather than clickbait...

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/05/...-be-overblown/
Those "well respected scientists" are simply guessing. Junk article, porterhouse.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Perhaps listen to well respected scientists rather than clickbait...

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/05/...-be-overblown/
Overblown yet "Bergstrom thinks it’s prudent of the Danish government to cull the mink herd."

Old 11-05-2020, 06:51 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times
Quote:

I would suggest leaving the country altogether if everyone in this Commonwealth thought like you.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:27 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Those "well respected scientists" are simply guessing. Junk article, porterhouse.
You really are a blind fool. Helen Branswell is a nearly universally respected infections disease journalist. They only criticism of her, is that her reporting can be overly political at times. Seems like that would resonate with you though.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:49 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
Quote:
You really are a blind fool. Helen Branswell is a nearly universally respected infections disease journalist. They only criticism of her, is that her reporting can be overly political at times. Seems like that would resonate with you though.
Some folks have a really difficult time looking past their own feelings or the editorialized headlines. Scary how science has become a dirty word.

Old 11-05-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:

Again, junk article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
Some folks have a really difficult time looking past their own feelings or the editorialized headlines. Scary how science has become a dirty word.
porterhouse's article is the one with a misleading headline. Those "well respected scientists" haven't even had a chance to look over the data.

"Outside experts haven’t had genetic sequencing data to peruse, said Emma Hodcroft, a molecular epidemiologist at the Institute of Social and Preventative Medicine in Bern, Switzerland. But Denmark uploaded 500 genetic sequences into databases open to scientists around the globe on Thursday, and is expected to add hundreds more in the days to come.

Experts will pore over those sequences looking for what the Danes saw and to try to determine what impact these mutations may have if viruses containing them infect people."

Did you even read the article?

And I'd love to know where the "clickbait" is. Do you mean the CNN article that I linked earlier? The one that actually provides facts unlike porterhouse's article where "well respected scientists" make guesses prior to even seeing any data.

Guessing isn't science, wolfgang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts