Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2020, 07:58 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
let people choose whether they get their haircut. safety is a illusion.
No, because the people getting their haircut might transmit the virus to the barber, or conversely they might get infected from the barber. Here's the deal, I don't care if you don't value your life, but I value mine, and I don't want to die or get sick because you think 'safety is an illusion'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2020, 08:02 PM

3,377 posts, read 1,540,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, because the people getting their haircut might transmit the virus to the barber, or conversely they might get infected from the barber. Here's the deal, I don't care if you don't value your life, but I value mine, and I don't want to die or get sick because you think 'safety is an illusion'

Just because someone is willing to take a risk does not mean that they do not value their life that is a flawed philosophical idea.

the barber has the choice not to work and the customer has a choice not to go into a barber if he does not want to take the risk. Both parties know the risk.

its like prostitution both parties are consenting whether wrong or right.

if you don't want to take a risk then never get into a car. Infact a life without risk could be considered a life of less value. life is not garenteed anyone could die at any time. just like you have a right not to go into a barber if you think its risky i have a right to go into the barber if i want a damn haircut. the barber knows the risks too.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-12-2020 at 08:11 PM..

Old 04-12-2020, 08:02 PM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Thank you. I usually have no problem letting the stupid be stupid, but not when they are putting all of our lives in jeopardy.

Old 04-12-2020, 08:08 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,402,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I usually have no problem letting the stupid be stupid, but not when they are putting all of our lives in jeopardy.
Unfortunately that is exactly what is happening in this state. Way too many people out and about this weekend, no masks, little distancing. We took a weekend drive and my jaw was on the ground. In the North End there was someone who appeared to be intoxicated out of the sunroof of a car actually heckling people who were wearing masks. The stupid are truly being stupid, and we're screwed.

Old 04-12-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Unfortunately that is exactly what is happening in this state. Way too many people out and about this weekend, no masks, little distancing. We took a weekend drive and my jaw was on the ground. In the North End there was someone who appeared to be intoxicated out of the sunroof of a car actually heckling people who were wearing masks. The stupid are truly being stupid, and we're screwed.
Unfortunately, all it takes is a few. Even if these bozos only consist of 5% of the population, that is still a LOT especially in a dense city like Boston.

Old 04-12-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I usually have no problem letting the stupid be stupid, but not when they are putting all of our lives in jeopardy.
there not putting your life in jeopardy if you dont want to go to the barber you dont have to. some on here are mental midgets. this disease mostly affects the very old with compromising conditions.

if i was ruler slavery would be very easy.

Old 04-12-2020, 08:22 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,402,251 times
There were groups of people sitting together on the banks of the Charles (not families). So many runners were out on Saturday afternoon, passing within inches of each other. Several groups of young people exiting a liquor store in close proximity in Cambridge. It was honestly disheartening. I'm not expecting to see the numbers go down or get out of the house any time soon.

It's not something I ever thought I'd say, but I'm all for the police and National Guard being empowered to mandate distancing. Enough is enough.

Old 04-12-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
there not putting your life in jeopardy if you dont want to go to the barber you dont have to. some on here are mental midgets. this disease mostly affects the very old with compromising conditions.
You are just proving my point.

Quote:
if i was ruler slavery would be very easy.
With your level of judgement and maturity, I doubt if you could successfully rule over a one car funeral. Nah I think we are safe man...

Old 04-12-2020, 08:24 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,136,633 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, all it takes is a few. Even if these bozos only consist of 5% of the population, that is still a LOT especially in a dense city like Boston.
At this stage of my life, I believe that number might be far higher than 5%.

Old 04-12-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
You are just proving my point.

if you are immuned compromised or of older age you can stay home which are the instructions. if people like that never leave the house and follow instructions then they are not at risk.

instead of giving a reason you only insult you suck at debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts