Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2021, 12:30 PM

12,166 posts, read 8,014,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
I have a grandmother that lived in Holbrook. It's a bit of a sad town but it's not really the leaderships fault, it was dealt a bad set of cards. Very little in terms of tax base for starters. Randolph I'm pretty aware with. I'm not saying they are affluent but if you are a minority and want something more suburban that would tend to be it. Credit ratings went up so prices went up. That and proximity to Boston and it gets to be a perfect storm.

People can buy houses much faster than making them and until we have much more in the way of new units going up prices will continue to go up.

At this point what's the largest private housing development planned in Mass and how many units is it?
Great question. I have no answer... is there any?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2021, 12:32 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Do the math. There are more homes in the lowly “average” places than in the blue chip suburbs and desirable parts of the city. This message board has a ton of confirmation bias from affluent people. The median household income in Massachusetts is ~$81k. 61.8% of residences are owner occupied.

My point, precisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I don't know what this has to do with anything really. It doesnt matter if there are more homes in the 'lowly' places...no one wants them.

Homes are clearly selling in these towns as well, so "somebody" must be buying them. Just because you don't know any of these people (other than your friend in Randolph), doesn't mean they aren't out there.

Old 06-21-2021, 12:33 PM

16,400 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
My point, precisely.

Homes are clearly selling in these towns as well, so "somebody" must be buying them. Just because you don't know any of these people (other than your friend in Randolph), doesn't mean they aren't out there.
yeah i guess people are buying them. Most people I seem to know are similar to the people on CD I guess - Snobs.

Old 06-21-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
yeah i guess people are buying them. Most people I seem to know are similar to the people on CD I guess - Snobs.
lol. CD isnt the most... accurate description of society. Most of us are data nerds, college educated and well to do individuals... obsessed with numbers and facts. Argumentative at opinions etc

Old 06-21-2021, 12:37 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:

Well most of us do reside in our own little "bubbles" these days...

Old 06-21-2021, 01:34 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
I have a grandmother that lived in Holbrook. It's a bit of a sad town but it's not really the leaderships fault, it was dealt a bad set of cards. Very little in terms of tax base for starters. Randolph I'm pretty aware with. I'm not saying they are affluent but if you are a minority and want something more suburban that would tend to be it. Credit ratings went up so prices went up. That and proximity to Boston and it gets to be a perfect storm.

People can buy houses much faster than making them and until we have much more in the way of new units going up prices will continue to go up.

At this point what's the largest private housing development planned in Mass and how many units is it?
I would say The Pinehills in Plymouth - currently over 2000 homes with a plan of 3,000.

Old 06-21-2021, 02:11 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
I would say The Pinehills in Plymouth - currently over 2000 homes with a plan of 3,000.
Wow. Well that sure ain't gonna help with traffic. Seems like a bad idea TBH. Traffic is already a nightmare on the south shore. What are people thinking?

Old 06-21-2021, 02:15 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
Quote:
Wow. Well that sure ain't gonna help with traffic. Seems like a bad idea TBH. Traffic is already a nightmare on the south shore. What are people thinking?
"Why is everything so expensive!!"

"Why are they building more housing!!"

Old 06-21-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Build it and fund the electricify of the Commuter Rail.

Traffic>>>>>>>attempting to fix the 800,000 dumps in MA they call homes

Old 06-21-2021, 03:05 PM

3000 units in one area in one town isn't particularly helpful. It's already a congested area, it's not close to the city...let's hope it's mostly old folks who don't drive much who move in.

On another note, my next door neighbor apparently had his down payment paid for by his company when he transferred to this state. Is this a common occurrence or a rare lucky unicorn thing to happen? *waits for everyone in the MA CD forum to say this is what their employer did for them and yes it happens all the time*

In any case if this does happen often then this is obviously another reason housing prices keep going up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts