Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2021, 08:42 AM

12,164 posts, read 8,010,150 times

Advertisements

'foodies paradise' lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 08:51 AM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
They have a Mama Mia's, works for me!

I visited Pinehills once a few years ago. It's really quite nice in there, worth the entry price probably not. But that's everywhere in Mass. these days.

Old 06-22-2021, 08:51 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
I mean Plymouth is nothing amazing but i'd rather live there than in like Brockton, Fall River, Abington, Weymouth, New Bedford...i could keep going.

Old 06-22-2021, 08:58 AM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I mean Plymouth is nothing amazing but i'd rather live there than in like Brockton, Fall River, Abington, Weymouth, New Bedford...i could keep going.

I agree. If only it weren't for that Boston commute...

Honestly, if I didn't have to commute I would also live there over Canton, Dedham, Newton, Mansfield, Framingham, Marlboro, Acton, Bedford, Lexington, Woburn, and dozens of other boring overpriced overrated overcrowded mediocre Boston bedroom communities. But again, the commute...

Old 06-22-2021, 08:59 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Right. I suppose not everyone needs to be in Boston though.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:17 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Right. I suppose not everyone needs to be in Boston though.

It took 625 posts in this thread for you to figure that out?

Old 06-22-2021, 09:35 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It took 625 posts in this thread for you to figure that out?
Go away.

Old 06-22-2021, 10:12 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Edit: Wrong thread

Old 06-22-2021, 10:20 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post

Honestly, if I didn't have to commute I would also live there over Canton, Dedham, Newton, Mansfield, Framingham, Marlboro, Acton, Bedford, Lexington, Woburn, and dozens of other boring overpriced overrated overcrowded mediocre Boston bedroom communities. But again, the commute...
boring? Eh. Lexington does look nice, I've worked there. But the RT 2 traffic ruins that downtown. You try to have a nice cup of coffee. Then again some of it has gone downhill. I see a high end athletic shoe store then becoming a independent clothing boutique and is now a nail salon, a jewelry shop that became a bead shop and is now a verizon store, a kids store turning into a general gift shop (since closed), oriental rug shop because a massage chair store ?!? Naturally it isn't good when businesses close but some might have moved to bigger locations and anything is better than empty storefronts. Having said that though it clearly shows a downward spiral. Nail salons, hair salons, barber shops and dollar stores are more of poorer areas.

I can understand duplication of some things. High end ice cream vs frozen custard ok I get it. But the internet took a toll and so did covid. As public schools hollow out due to the lack of birth rate and immigration there's just going to be less to go around.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/ho...ographic-cliff

Old 06-22-2021, 10:25 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
boring? Eh. Lexington does look nice, I've worked there. But the RT 2 traffic ruins that downtown. You try to have a nice cup of coffee. Then again some of it has gone downhill. I see a high end athletic shoe store then becoming a independent clothing boutique and is now a nail salon, a jewelry shop that became a bead shop and is now a verizon store, a kids store turning into a general gift shop (since closed), oriental rug shop because a massage chair store ?!? Naturally it isn't good when businesses close but some might have moved to bigger locations and anything is better than empty storefronts. Having said that though it clearly shows a downward spiral. Nail salons, hair salons, barber shops and dollar stores are more of poorer areas.

I can understand duplication of some things. High end ice cream vs frozen custard ok I get it. But the internet took a toll and so did covid. As public schools hollow out due to the lack of birth rate and immigration there's just going to be less to go around.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/ho...ographic-cliff
Are you seriously suggesting that Lexington is in a downward spiral?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts