Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2022, 09:47 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times

Advertisements

I've sent in my mail-in ballot for Doughty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2022, 05:04 AM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
While there are still plenty of unknowns about Doughty, I find his platform far more impressive than Diehl's.

https://chrisforma.com/platform

Doughty is an intelligent and pragmatic guy who is able to articulate a plan for addressing a wide range of issues facing the state. All Diehl can really do is rehash the same Trumpy talking points ("we must protect our freedoms!"), with no real plan to move the state forward. So of course he wants to avoid debate. And don't even get me started on Healy, who is no less "extreme" than Diehl only she will probably win due to Ds having a 3-1 advantage over Rs in this state when it comes to "one or the other". But I think a level headed moderate like Doughty would stand a good chance against her, hence why it's so sad the state of this ultra partisan environment where we will be left with two nightmares of a choice.
Geoff Diehl isn't debating because he isn't very good at it. He also does not have the money it takes to run a statewide campaign.

Chris Doughty has put $2 million of his own into his campaign. He also has the backing of the same business leaders who were behind Baker. He at least has a chance to beat Healy.

Old 09-03-2022, 07:46 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Geoff Diehl isn't debating because he isn't very good at it. He also does not have the money it takes to run a statewide campaign.

Chris Doughty has put $2 million of his own into his campaign. He also has the backing of the same business leaders who were behind Baker. He at least has a chance to beat Healy.

Chris Sununu has backed Doughty as well. I really hope Baker stays out of this.

Old 09-03-2022, 12:29 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Chris Sununu has backed Doughty as well. I really hope Baker stays out of this.
Both Diehl and Doughty have criticized Baker. Diehl has been forthright in his disdain for the Governor. Doughty has said he likes what Baker has done but has done it with a "but he should be tougher" in order to pander to the MAGA crowd.

Old 09-03-2022, 01:17 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Both Diehl and Doughty have criticized Baker. Diehl has been forthright in his disdain for the Governor. Doughty has said he likes what Baker has done but has done it with a "but he should be tougher" in order to pander to the MAGA crowd.
That likely won't matter to the more lock-step MAGA crowd since Trump has endorsed Diehl. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...hl/ar-AA11m77R

I think Doughty at least has a chance in the general. If Trump's endorsement is sufficient to get Diehl the nomination, Healy will be our next governor. The wild card is the open nature of the primary that allows independents to select a primary to vote in. Since the Democratic primary for governor isn't much of a race a lot of independents I expect will vote in the Republican primary.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:46 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDee12345 View Post
Wait a second.

Your name is GeoffD.

Hey Geoff Diehl, are you trying to sabotage your own campaign on city-data?
So Uncle Joe stole the election. The libs are baby killers. Guns, guns, guns. My mom is from Pennsylvania Dutch country 15 or 20 miles from Bethlehem so there’s that, I suppose.

Old 09-04-2022, 08:31 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,955,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
That likely won't matter to the more lock-step MAGA crowd since Trump has endorsed Diehl. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...hl/ar-AA11m77R

I think Doughty at least has a chance in the general. If Trump's endorsement is sufficient to get Diehl the nomination, Healy will be our next governor. The wild card is the open nature of the primary that allows independents to select a primary to vote in. Since the Democratic primary for governor isn't much of a race a lot of independents I expect will vote in the Republican primary.
Exactly right. I'm pulling for Doughty as well. I can't stand Jim Lyons and Trump fixated Republicans. I voted for Trump and Baker each twice, I'm definitely a Baker Republican.

I hope that Doughty prevails over Diehl and Healy.

Old 09-06-2022, 12:21 PM

325 posts, read 925,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I'm definitely a Baker Republican.
You mean you're a democrat?

Old 09-06-2022, 01:44 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,955,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmass View Post
You mean you're a democrat?
Nope, not a Democrat. Not interested in wild conspiracy theories, foaming at-the-mouth political rhetoric of MAGA Republicans.

I like centrist politicians that can effectively govern -- all of which Baker was able to do. If Diehl is nominated then expect his candidacy to go down in flames.

I think the more important question: Does the MA GOP really want to exclude centrist Republicans like me, in a state where the registration is already so tilted in the Democrats favor?

Give me more of the Republican Main Street Partnership and less MAGA -- we need common sense conservatives.

Old 09-06-2022, 02:27 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Nope, not a Democrat. Not interested in wild conspiracy theories, foaming at-the-mouth political rhetoric of MAGA Republicans.

I like centrist politicians that can effectively govern -- all of which Baker was able to do. If Diehl is nominated then expect his candidacy to go down in flames.

I think the more important question: Does the MA GOP really want to exclude centrist Republicans like me, in a state where the registration is already so tilted in the Democrats favor?

Give me more of the Republican Main Street Partnership and less MAGA -- we need common sense conservatives.
Well said and I am a liberal. MAGA is killing the Republican Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts