Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2022, 10:33 AM

979 posts, read 572,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
One possibility might be that it becomes a real hot problem that eventually burns itself out as the hard drug users pass on. Like a fever or virus.

Face it, most people don't use hard drugs, only a small minority.
Unfortunately it’s not true. Many families are affected by this problem in MA. Just because you don’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not true. Massachusetts is a relatively wealthy state, so you don’t see it right away. People hide it as much as they could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2022, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
And why not? Because you are poor you belong amongst the poor?
You live where you can afford. Many people living in Massachusetts cannot live in MV. How are new refugees better? When we moved to US we didn’t start from affluent communities, we made our way up with a time.
Are you a fan of instant gratification? Do you know what it does to people?

Last edited by BruinsGirl; 09-18-2022 at 11:18 AM..

Old 09-18-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I know immigrants who have served as well. They are a different breed than most immigrants who show up here.
Our son served. In his observations there are many reasons besides patriotism which influence decision to join armed forces. Immigrants from my former country (former USSR) do it less often due to painful stereotypes and misconceptions about army, also because they are somewhat better financially, but majority is very patriotic.

Old 09-18-2022, 12:28 PM

17,067 posts, read 8,685,515 times
Oh sure. I've heard people say that poorer people down south and in the Midwest enlist because they have no skills to do anything else. I'm not saying everyone in the military is great or filled with American pride. But many of them are. My dad served as an officer in vietnam. I have other family members who were officers as well.

Old 09-18-2022, 12:34 PM

24,860 posts, read 11,303,401 times
Quote:
Oh sure. I've heard people say that poorer people down south and in the Midwest enlist because they have no skills to do anything else. I'm not saying everyone in the military is great or filled with American pride. But many of them are. My dad served as an officer in vietnam. I have other family members who were officers as well.
And the poorer people up North:>)

Old 09-18-2022, 12:40 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,291,327 times
Quote:
Many serving in viet nam were drafted.
Let’s be real here.

Old 09-18-2022, 01:01 PM

6,325 posts, read 5,231,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
"Breed" = attitude. They have a better attitude than people who come here and then whine and and complain and call us "racist".
Uh...you must not know the current "breed" of immigrants too well. They work harder and make more sacrifices than native-born Americans. Calling out the current migrants because of their national / ethnic origin is de facto racist, whether you accept that or not.

Old 09-18-2022, 01:03 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,553,756 times
What’s the problem? Some of the finest real estate in the USA
NIMBY’s

Old 09-18-2022, 01:09 PM

6,325 posts, read 5,231,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
What’s the problem? Some of the finest real estate in the USA
NIMBY’s
The problem? The fact that Governors of the border states have no interest whatsoever in helping to solve it.

Old 09-18-2022, 01:34 PM

10,077 posts, read 15,788,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Uh...you must not know the current "breed" of immigrants too well. They work harder and make more sacrifices than native-born Americans. Calling out the current migrants because of their national / ethnic origin is de facto racist, whether you accept that or not.
I'm calling them out because of their attitude. Not any specific national origin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts