Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2022, 07:04 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name Is View Post
It's easy to welcome illegal immigrants when they don't live next door to you. If a wealthy enclave like Martha's Vineyard calls 48 people a "humanitarian crisis", then how on Earth is the rest of the country supposed to fare any better?
It was a humanitarian crisis for the people being treated like subhuman garbage by a legit evil politician. Not one for the island that handled it wonderfully. Right wingers never actually think of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 07:05 PM

15,867 posts, read 21,455,012 times
Quote:
It's easy to welcome illegal immigrants when they don't live next door to you. If a wealthy enclave like Martha's Vineyard calls 48 people a "humanitarian crisis", then how on Earth is the rest of the country supposed to fare any better?

Have you ever been to Martha's Vineyard?

Old 09-20-2022, 07:06 PM

6,141 posts, read 5,111,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
It sure did. It exposed the core of the underlying hypocrisy of the pro-illegal immigration crowd. It's all Desantis's fault but they have nothing to say about those who are creating and propagating this disastrous "policy." 50 migrants show up on MV and what follows is the fastest deportation in history.
MV to JBCC is not deportation, other than in the right wing media. It's another location in the same state better equipped to handle the situation.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:06 PM

63 posts, read 24,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It was a humanitarian crisis for the people being treated like subhuman garbage by a legit evil politician. Not one for the island that handled it wonderfully. Right wingers never actually think of people.
Yea, they handled it wonderfully by taking all of 24 hours to get them the hell off their island via the National Guard. That tells me all I need to know about their hypocrisy.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:08 PM

1,799 posts, read 563,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Worked? How, to stir up s**t without offering even one solution? That's not how leaders are supposed to behave.
Please explain how the governor of any state is supposed to solve the immigration crisis. Border states have tried to control it, and the feds, led by the liberals, have stopped them on the basis that immigration is a fed responsibility ONLY. 26 governors have sent letters to presidents asking for help in controlling the crisis, and they have been ignored. Trump, as much as I think he is a dips**t, enacted a "Stay in Mexico " policy for asylum seekers. The liberals fought against it and eventually got rid of it.

So now the border states are tired of the crap from the Democrats and blue states. And this is one avenue of calling attention to the issue and demanding action. If you don't like it, petition your representatives to help fix the problem of illegal immigration . Or get used to them being relocated to the blue states that don't think anything should be done about it.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:10 PM

16,454 posts, read 8,242,983 times
Default Re

Quote:
Yea, they handled it wonderfully by taking all of 24 hours to get them the hell off their island via the National Guard. That tells me all I need to know about their hypocrisy.
Exactly. They didn't want to deal with them.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:13 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Sounds like you know nothing about the situation. Thats not hypocrisy. They were moved to a place that was much better to help them, joint base cape cod. Been there may times. It has extensive barracks, food services, medical services, and the other infrastructure needed to help these people which MV doesn't have any of. Someone would have to be really really ignorant to see how this isn't to help these people. Smart move to help these people in their next steps until they get their legally deserved hearings.

Bravo to the Commonwealth and the Island for acting promptly to help these people and do right by them. To hell with people that treat these humans like garbage for political points. I sure hope they don't pretend to be Christians.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:17 PM

5,118 posts, read 2,680,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
MV to JBCC is not deportation, other than in the right wing media. It's another location in the same state better equipped to handle the situation.
Um, yeah. Whatever. Haha

Old 09-20-2022, 07:18 PM

63 posts, read 24,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Sounds like you know nothing about the situation. Thats not hypocrisy. They were moved to a place that was much better to help them, joint base cape cod. Been there may times. It has extensive barracks, food services, medical services, and the other infrastructure needed to help these people which MV doesn't have any of. Someone would have to be really really ignorant to see how this isn't to help these people. Smart move to help these people in their next steps until they get their legally deserved hearings.
On the contrary, it is absolutely 100% pure hypocrisy. It's easy to welcome illegal immigration when it's always "someone/somewhere else" to address the situation, never yourself. Liberals have made this bed, and now it's time to lie in it.

Another example: affordable housing. Semi-off topic but it's another illustration of my point. Strange how those who call housing a "human right" are quick to not allow affordable housing projects anywhere near where they live. Once again, it's always a "somewhere else or someone else" thing with these folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNDgcjVGHIw

Old 09-20-2022, 07:19 PM

5,118 posts, read 2,680,626 times
Quote:
No, it is absolutely 100% pure hypocrisy. It's easy to welcome illegal immigration when it's always "someone/somewhere else" to address the situation, never yourself. Liberals have made this bed, and now it's time to lie in it.
Let's get it straight, they are NOT liberals by any semblance of what liberalism is about. They are corporate-sponsored "progressives." I don't care what the corporate media or conservatives call them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts