Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2022, 09:26 AM

16,432 posts, read 8,242,983 times

Advertisements

The US is going to sh*t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2022, 09:34 AM

21,650 posts, read 12,808,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
I guarantee not a single one in those giant herds that come on foot has a high school education, let alone an advanced degree.

They want asylum and dinero, not trabajo.
I guarantee you many of them do- and no, I'm sure they want asylum and dinero y trabajo.

Old 10-14-2022, 09:36 AM

Default anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
I guarantee you many of them do- and no, I'm sure they want asylum and dinero y trabajo.
So you really think someone coming here illegally from Haiti, Venezula, Nicaragua or Ecuador has an advanced degree?

Old 10-14-2022, 09:46 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
So you really think someone coming here illegally from Haiti, Venezula, Nicaragua or Ecuador has an advanced degree?
There is a pretty large gap between a high school degree and a masters (advanced degree).

A very significant percentage of the CNAs at hospitals and nursing homes in this area are Haitian. A lot of them get their education at places like Bunker Hill CC.

Old 10-14-2022, 09:46 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,075,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Homie please, are you telling me with a straight face successful educated English-speaking professionals that are in fact wanted here as immigrants show up as a part of the well-coached asylum jefe asylum herd that walks across all Mexico on foot?

Old 10-14-2022, 09:47 AM

6,140 posts, read 5,111,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I meant illegal. You know what I meant. But immigration in general has destroyed healthcare systems and public school systems. People treat this country like a free for all. Why are we the only place to go ??
Unbelievable. Have you seen the makeup of the top medical staff, physicians/surgeons/administrators, in our hospitals and health care facilities? Not just in MA, but across the US? A huge % are immigrants. Many serve in rural hospitals, in places like the backwoods of Kentucky and southern Illinois, where native-born educated Americans don't wanna live. I know this firsthand.

And in public schools--why? You afraid of your kids having to compete with overachieving immigrant children?

Old 10-14-2022, 09:55 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,075,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Unbelievable. Have you seen the makeup of the top medical staff, physicians/surgeons/administrators, in our hospitals and health care facilities? Not just in MA, but across the US? A huge % are immigrants. Many serve in rural hospitals, in places like the backwoods of Kentucky and southern Illinois, where native-born educated Americans don't wanna live. I know this firsthand.

And in public schools--why? You afraid of your kids having to compete with overachieving immigrant children?
That’s the problem on both sides of the aisle - righties conflate legal immigrants who are in fact very beneficial with herds of illegals that are bleeding the taxpayers dry and want to get rid of immigration, lefties conflate herds of illegals that are bleeding the taxpayers dry with legal immigrants who are in fact very beneficial and want to get rid of borders.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:02 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There is a pretty large gap between a high school degree and a masters (advanced degree).

A very significant percentage of the CNAs at hospitals and nursing homes in this area are Haitian. A lot of them get their education at places like Bunker Hill CC.
that wasn't my question to BBMM

Old 10-14-2022, 10:04 AM

6,140 posts, read 5,111,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
That’s the problem on both sides of the aisle - righties conflate legal immigrants who are in fact very beneficial with herds of illegals that are bleeding the taxpayers dry and want to get rid of immigration, lefties conflate herds of illegals that are bleeding the taxpayers dry with legal immigrants who are in fact very beneficial and want to get rid of borders.
I agree with the first half of your statement (I know, shock). As for the second half, I'm an immigrant myself bro, and I don't conflate. But what I do have is compassion, and an impatience for those who'd rather b**** than come up with actual policy solutions.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:04 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post

So there are illegal immigrants who are physicians?

I'm not afraid of my kids competing with anybody. There's always someone to compete with. The education system is a mess along with the way universities function. But I've read stories of kids being here illegally who my tax dollars pay for then they get scholarships to college. So yeah that pisses me off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts