Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 03:41 PM

12,441 posts, read 9,529,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy11 View Post
I'm going to get a ton of flack for this, but I definitely think it's TB. A coworker of mine used to work as a photographer for Boston Magazine and said Tom once came in for a photo shoot. The staff was all prepped and ready to go but ended up standing around waiting for TB for over an hour because he decided to start talking with someone he ran into and simply chatted as long as he felt. Finally, when he was done chatting, he arrogantly walked over to the BM staff, looked down at his expensive watch and said "are we going to get this thing going? You people already have me running late and I'm not going to be stuck here all day."

Yup, he had the nerve to treat the staff like that after HE was the one who held up the shoot because he was talking to someone he ran into. Also, the staff ended up anxiously rushing through the entire shoot because TB refused to stay even a minute longer to make up for the time he spent socializing. My coworker said he's not the great guy everyone thinks he is at all.

Conversely, my coworker also met Ben Affleck while working at BM and said he's the nicest guy ever. He actually ran into Ben some years later at the Children's Museum and Ben actually remembered his name and stopped to chat for a few minutes.
I don't have any problem with what you said. It would be different if Brady was a young guy chasing his dream of playing in the NFL - then sure, chase your dream. But he already did that. He had all the success in the world, all the cheering and adoring fans, the trophies, the fawning press, year after year after year. He did it for over 20 years, longer than any other quarterback ever has. Meanwhile he is likely something of an absentee husband and absentee Dad. And he knows it is a serious problem in his marriage, she told him that very clearly. But what does he do? Even after 20+ years of indulging himself, he says no, I think I am going to do that a little longer - what's best for me; my family and my partner, they can wait - what the hell, they've been waiting for 20+ years, what's a few more? To me, that's a straight-up narcissist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2022, 03:41 PM

852 posts, read 554,706 times
I recall Trump felt sorry for him because "he didn't win Ivanka".
Maybe now it is another chance.

Old 10-05-2022, 03:44 PM

852 posts, read 554,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I don't have any problem with what you said. It would be different if Brady was a young guy chasing his dream of playing in the NFL - then sure, chase your dream. But he already did that. He had all the success in the world, all the cheering and adoring fans, year after year after year. He did it for over 20 years, longer than any other quarterback ever has. Meanwhile he is likely something of an absentee husband and absentee Dad. And he knows it is a serious problem in his marriage, she told him that very clearly. But what does he do? Even after 20+ years of indulging himself, he says no, I think I am going to do that a little longer - what's best for me; my family and my partner, they can wait - what the hell, they've been waiting for 20+ years, what's a few more? To me, that's a straight-up narcissist.
Some men feel empty when they are not productive. Particularly true for famous people.

Old 10-05-2022, 04:05 PM

12,441 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtPleasantDream View Post
Some men feel empty when they are not productive. Particularly true for famous people.
Every person on earth has to deal with retirement, and they may feel they have less value then - every person on earth. Besides that, millions of Americans will also have real concerns about how they will pay their bills in old age, pay for medical care, pay for food, pay their utilities, rent or real estate taxes - *those* are real problems. If you're saying we have to feel really sorry for Tom because he's rich and famous... that's just not going to resonate with me. He's got no problems other than what's in his head and what's his own doing. He's had every advantage in the world.

Old 10-05-2022, 04:41 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Not surprised, unfortunately.

When you are one of the most beautiful women in the world, and one of the most successful sports players in the world, there's a lot of pressure there--especially with big money and big fame involved.

Not the recipe for a successful monogomous relationship. Especially since the divorce rate is creeping up on what, 60% these days? LOL

Old 10-05-2022, 04:52 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
I mean she's good looking for sure but one of the most beautiful women in the world ? Meh. I actually prefer Bridget Moynihans looks. To each their own

He might be one of the most beautiful men in the world IMO

Last edited by msRB311; 10-05-2022 at 05:11 PM..

Old 10-05-2022, 05:06 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,125,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I mean she's good looking for sire but one of the most beautiful women in the world ? Meh. I actually prefer Bridget Moynihans looks. To each their own

He might be one of the most beautiful men in the world IMO
All that avocado ice cream has made both of their faces a little too angular.

Old 10-05-2022, 05:19 PM

10,023 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I mean she's good looking for sure but one of the most beautiful women in the world ? Meh. I actually prefer Bridget Moynihans looks. To each their own
I agree, Bridget was better looking.

Old 10-05-2022, 05:26 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,480,995 times
Could be both have a very demanding career,there is no room for anything else.

Old 10-05-2022, 05:34 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,733,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy11 View Post
I'm going to get a ton of flack for this, but I definitely think it's TB. A coworker of mine used to work as a photographer for Boston Magazine and said Tom once came in for a photo shoot. The staff was all prepped and ready to go but ended up standing around waiting for TB for over an hour because he decided to start talking with someone he ran into and simply chatted as long as he felt. Finally, when he was done chatting, he arrogantly walked over to the BM staff, looked down at his expensive watch and said "are we going to get this thing going? You people already have me running late and I'm not going to be stuck here all day."

Yup, he had the nerve to treat the staff like that after HE was the one who held up the shoot because he was talking to someone he ran into. Also, the staff ended up anxiously rushing through the entire shoot because TB refused to stay even a minute longer to make up for the time he spent socializing. My coworker said he's not the great guy everyone thinks he is at all.

Conversely, my coworker also met Ben Affleck while working at BM and said he's the nicest guy ever. He actually ran into Ben some years later at the Children's Museum and Ben actually remembered his name and stopped to chat for a few minutes.
That just sounds like typical celebrity behavior, not surprising at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
View detailed profiles of: