Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:39 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,203,428 times

Advertisements

BacktoMa4good....Safe travels to you and yours. Not sure if you are driving or flying but enjoy the scenery as you say good bye to Fl. The leaves are quickly turning beautiful reds and oranges and I predict by the middle of October will be peak season! Soon as I feel better I will be taking pics for those that live elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 04:31 PM

Default Hurray for Fall!

One sure way to know someone isn't from Ma. is when they get all giddy with excitment with the change of seasons, especially Fall here in Ma. Moving from Ca. where you only have pumpkins for Halloween and Christmas lights to let you know it's winter, is very endearing to see each season celebrated in New England such as leaving baskets of mums and pumpkins by the front door, planters of various colors of mums in public areas and apple picking. I keep seeing this site everywhere I go lately and I love it. I have been waiting for so long to be a part of the coming of Fall and all the changes that take place and now it's here and people in places like Neveda and California don't know what they are missing, but I won't tell them if you won't

Old 09-29-2008, 06:10 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,704,417 times
I have to laugh whenever I hear people make a big deal out of foliage, but I bet its similar to a northerner when we make a big deal out of seeing palm trees.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:19 PM

You've got that right....or seeing Hollywood Blvd.!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:08 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,023,360 times
The change is wonderful- a reason to reflect, and enjoy the different light from summer to autumn.
Days growing short and the trees and gardens changing, in unison with the lower sun and cooler air.

The change in seasons refresh- and give us all a new beginning.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:46 AM

84 posts, read 371,043 times
I WANT TO BE THERE!!!! I can just imagine the wonderful feeling you just explained!!! The signs directing you to a pumpkin patch, the decor, the brightest orange, yellows and reds of leaves, the comfortable feeling you get by just stepping out and smelling the crisp smell of fall in the early morning while drinking coffee (seriously now i am crying and banging head on desk) you are right when you say people are missing out. Fall in New England is the best art from mother nature you will ever see! Meanwhile i look at my dried grass and cactus out of my window and sulk!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 11:58 AM

OK Tx...what's holding you up from moving to Ma? It's almost a year now that you have been pining away for Ma. and I hate to see you miss another year. I feel your pain though. When we lived in Bakersfield last summer, I thought I would kill myself if I didn't get out of there and back to Ma. You may recall my obsessive posts about moving, so I do understand how you feel.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:40 PM

I know its pathetic huh??? HAHA Pretty much a job is holding us up. I run our family owned construction company (not my cup of tea i have my own dreams) and my husband is in the roofing/tile/marble/granite business. Maybe one day no wait one day I will get the pure bliss of running through the fallen leaves, shoveling snow, while my neighbors shake there heads saying Yup they are newbies!!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 03:46 PM

Granite/Granite State?????

Old 09-30-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
Granite/Granite State?????
Guess i need to scout out some companies for him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts