Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2019, 10:40 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times

Advertisements

They have had rules and regs for people posting and it's worked for the most part. But now they are starting to bypass that and just nix anyone that get's enough complaints from the right people. It's going to blow up on them no doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 10:51 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Bingo.

If a company decides they don't want to spread Nazi propaganda, so be it.

Their company. Their choice.
I hope you're not saying here that Steve Crowder spreads "Nazi propaganda." For one thing that would be a blatant lie; for another, throwing such accusations around trivializes the real crimes committed by the real Nazis. If anything is "Nazi" then nothing is.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Actually, you have it back-asswards.

SCOTUS ruled against progressives. I continue to think that a business licensed by the public should do business with any member of the public that walks through the door. But SCOTUS disagreed with me, so conservatives won on that one. The reality is that the ability of a private business to pick and choose its customers is the law of the land, and will remain so for the rest of my life, and possibly the rest of yours as well (I have no idea how old you are.)

Conservatives got what you fought to get, and now you're all huffy because you got what you wanted. Any idiot could have foreseen what the consequences of winning the baker's cases would mean. You were just so blinded by your hatred of gay people that you didn't bother to remember that the laws that apply to gay people also apply to you.

Color me completely unsympathetic.
Show me where I stated that I hate gays. Either provide proof or retract (if you have any integrity; not sure at this point).

Put up or shut up.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:00 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Show me where I stated that I hate gays. Either provide proof or retract (if you have any integrity; not sure at this point).

Put up or shut up.
I meant you in the generic sense.

If you notice (that's you in the specific sense), I cast all those sentences that way. And don't try to tell me that none of the people who thought that the baker had every right to refuse someone service had no hate or disgust for gay people in their hearts.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:14 AM

Quote:
I meant you in the generic sense.

If you notice (that's you in the specific sense), I cast all those sentences that way. And don't try to tell me that none of the people who thought that the baker had every right to refuse someone service had no hate or disgust for gay people in their hearts.
“Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.â€

― Rick Warren

Not a fan of Rick Warren, but he nails it here.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:27 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
“Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.â€

― Rick Warren

Not a fan of Rick Warren, but he nails it here.
Yet you were just fine stating that all progressives are inconsistent, as (presumably) opposed to all conservatives, weren't you?

Old 06-07-2019, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Yet you were just fine stating that all progressives are inconsistent, as (presumably) opposed to all conservatives, weren't you?
I was being hyperbolic. It's probably like 90% of progressives.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:00 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
I'd rather see them left up. Always good to know who you're dealing with.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:32 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Not for nothing. Sjws, feminist, woke conscious blacks, alt right and white nationalist ruined all social media platforms.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:51 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,053,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
YouTube announced plans on Wednesday to remove thousands of videos and channels that advocate for neo-Nazism, white supremacy and other bigoted ideologies in an attempt to clean up extremism and hate speech on the service. What about freedom of speech? Because YouTube is a private corporation, these videos are not protected under the First Amendment, so they can pull any videos they want. I support the right for people to be racists and bigots if they so insist upon it. But if a private entity pulls material like this, is it considered censorship?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/05/b...=breaking-news

Good. It's about time. They should have started doing this 10 years ago. And no, it isn't censorship because it's a private corporation attending to its own best interests and its own business the way it needs to if it wants to stay in business and maintain a respectable and reliable reputation. It's their business and the content is their property, they can do whatever they want with it. They could take everything down and start afresh if they wanted to and there's nothing anyone else could object to or do about it.

That garbage they'll be removing isn't freedom of speech, it's abuse of speech, abuse of the privilege that the private corporation 'Youtube' granted the users and it's abuse of the private corporation itself. That makes the people posting that garbage three-time losers for abusing the system.

If the people that have been posting that kind of garbage want to keep on posting garbage then they can get a business license and create their own private business similar to the private corporation 'youtube' to do it on and then they can accept personal responsibility for the legal, judicial and financial consequences.

Sounds fair to me.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media