Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 07:51 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times

Advertisements

On the weekday mornings I like to listen to a local Right leaning radio host but today being New Years day they have ABC news analysts breaking down the big stories of 2019 and boy do they hate Trump.

Earlier they referred to the meeting of Trump and Kim Jong Un at the DMZ as "infamous" . I think most people saw it as a historic moment when a sitting President shook hands with the leader of NK and actually walked with him into NK. The word "infamous" implies doom and gloom. Is it Trumps fault that Kim lied about halting weapon development? ABC news likes to say so.

They have also been touting how wonderful and brave the Democrat candidates are.

Of course the big stories is the Mueller investigation and the Ukraine debacle.

The last bit they were talking about the impeachment trial in the Senate and how Trump is going to turn it into a reality show farce and if he will abide with the results.

It is interesting to hear different perspectives but wow is ABC news biased against Trump.

How can we take ABC news and their ilk seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2020, 08:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Oh, it was infamous all right.

Something no president has ever granted to the Dictator Kim.

And what did Trump get in return?

Nothing. Nothing.

THAT'S why it's infamous.

Old 01-01-2020, 08:38 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
OP, you're right. There was nothing bad about that meeting; it was rather full of hope, regardless of whether the hopeful atmosphere ever materialized into something or not. Thus, it was not an "infamous" meeting. This is just another example of FakeNews.

Old 01-01-2020, 08:48 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
On the weekday mornings I like to listen to a local Right leaning radio host but today being New Years day they have ABC news analysts breaking down the big stories of 2019 and boy do they hate Trump.

It is interesting to hear different perspectives but wow is ABC news biased against Trump.

How can we take ABC news and their ilk seriously?
This happens every year when a Republican is in office, from ABC, CBS, NBC along with the AP, Reuters, etc.

Granted it seems worse with Trump because many outlets have dropped their fake veil of neutrality, and are letting their freak flag fly.

`

Old 01-01-2020, 10:11 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Nothing. Nothing.

It is funny how some see it as a failure while myself and others see it as a positive.
I would say anytime you can get a dictator like Kim to talk and act civilized it is a win win for the world.

How have we seen other past Presidents react to NK. Clinton gave them the means to build a bomb, Bush called them a member of the Axis of Evil, Obama ignored them and laughed at them. At least Trump extended his hand to try and get Kim to the negotiating table to possibly get him to stop the bomb building, to possibly bring his country into the 21st Century and help the People.

Only the Left could criticize Trump for trying where others didn't and for his attempts they tell us that he is going to start World War 3.

What I would call "infamous" was when Obama went to the Middle East and bowed to the leaders while apologizing for America. Trump would never do that but he would shake their hands and welcome them to sit down and talk.

Nothing may have come from the meeting but at least he tried.

Old 01-01-2020, 03:48 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
The meeting was a big success for Kim. It put him on the world stage like he wanted and of course Trump got nothing for it. Trump got played plain and simple. So much for the master negotiator!

Old 01-01-2020, 05:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
It is funny how some see it as a failure while myself and others see it as a positive.
I would say anytime you can get a dictator like Kim to talk and act civilized it is a win win for the world.

How have we seen other past Presidents react to NK. Clinton gave them the means to build a bomb, Bush called them a member of the Axis of Evil, Obama ignored them and laughed at them. At least Trump extended his hand to try and get Kim to the negotiating table to possibly get him to stop the bomb building, to possibly bring his country into the 21st Century and help the People.

Only the Left could criticize Trump for trying where others didn't and for his attempts they tell us that he is going to start World War 3.

What I would call "infamous" was when Obama went to the Middle East and bowed to the leaders while apologizing for America. Trump would never do that but he would shake their hands and welcome them to sit down and talk.

Nothing may have come from the meeting but at least he tried.
"At least he tried". Pretty pathetic.

Tried what? Writing love letters to his favorite dictator? Bending over backwards to please him?

What exactly did he get? He got called a Dotard by Kim and more threats over the holidays.

Sheesh.

Old 01-01-2020, 05:35 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Quote:
Earlier they referred to the meeting of Trump and Kim Jong Un at the DMZ as "infamous". I think most people saw it as a historic moment when a sitting President shook hands with the leader of NK and actually walked with him into NK. The word "infamous" implies doom and gloom. Is it Trumps fault that Kim lied about halting weapon development? ABC news likes to say so.
I think you need to develop a little more skepticism about the intentions of NK. The meeting mostly looked like a publicity stunt. Nobody I know thought this was going to lead to much, and the general opinion was it was an international relations coup for the NK ruler. Yes DJT has tried a different approach, but the end result looks the same as always.

Old 01-01-2020, 05:37 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Nothing. Nothing.

If it was Obama doing the same thing as Trump you would be singing his praises. Make no mistake.

Old 01-01-2020, 06:46 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
If it was Obama doing the same thing as Trump you would be singing his praises. Make no mistake.
Sure, and you wouldn’t have. Make no mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media