Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 01:17 PM

521 posts, read 860,206 times

Advertisements

Atlguy

I have an open room in Denver that you could stay in free, no questions asked, while you get back on your feet here. My wife and I are active outdoors so we'd make you tag along with us whenever we head out (don't care if you're old or out of shape). Also my wife has some pretty hot friends. I'm sure we could hook you up with one of them. I can help you get a job, get back in school, or do whatever you want to do.

You say you've done no traveling since the divorce so leave that craphole and move where life is a perpetual vacation...Colorado.

If you want to do it PM me and I'll give you my number so we can work out logistics. I just happen to be driving through Atlanta on my way home from Jacksonville in late December so I could even pick you up then if you have no other means of getting here sooner.

Read the above very carefully. There are better alternatives to killing yourself and this is it. Take it seriously. Please.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:38 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
I have a very long list of mental and physical issues that are impossible to get over, so suicide is probably my only option
So did you get anything out of all the posters wisdom?

Old 09-02-2011, 03:54 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,510,564 times
And....what have you decided to do with your life/future? Communicate with us, this is your own personal psychotherapist thread!

Old 09-06-2011, 01:13 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
this person is just looking for attension. If you go to other posts by this person dont sound too depressed to me. Looking for a date so I guess this little charade has passed. I would not be looking for a date if I was going to off myself.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:40 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
The first post was on July 20. My guess is the OP is feeling better about himself and life now. Good for him.

No need to analyze it.

Woof: Cut out the joint and the booze and eventually you will get rested and have a good day. You might have some sleepless nights but it will eventually work out. Or not. In which case you have to get to a doctor. I have had chronic sleep problems for almost 50 years and I now take prescribed meds and it has made all the difference. Self-medicating never works. It puts you on that frustrating and miserable Catch-22 you are living.

And for those clever enough to catch the time of the post (4:39 a.m. EST) I have pneumonia, I suspect, and can't sleep. At least that now only happens when I'm sick, a rarity.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:46 AM

250 posts, read 413,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiScree View Post
Atlguy

I have an open room in Denver that you could stay in free, no questions asked, while you get back on your feet here. My wife and I are active outdoors so we'd make you tag along with us whenever we head out (don't care if you're old or out of shape). Also my wife has some pretty hot friends. I'm sure we could hook you up with one of them. I can help you get a job, get back in school, or do whatever you want to do.

You say you've done no traveling since the divorce so leave that craphole and move where life is a perpetual vacation...Colorado.

If you want to do it PM me and I'll give you my number so we can work out logistics. I just happen to be driving through Atlanta on my way home from Jacksonville in late December so I could even pick you up then if you have no other means of getting here sooner.

Read the above very carefully. There are better alternatives to killing yourself and this is it. Take it seriously. Please.
Man, If I didn't have a job and a home **I** would have called you... Sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:30 PM

521 posts, read 860,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish2 View Post
Man, If I didn't have a job and a home **I** would have called you... Sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

LOL...You should, man. You wouldn't be the first person we helped sell all their stuff and move out here and you certainly wouldn't be the last!

We love helping people move out here whether it's for fun or to get away from a sticky situation. Colorado is a great place to start fresh and since we know what it feels like to be in a place where you know absolutely no one, we enjoy helping anyway we can even if that means opening our home to strangers.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:44 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
...... Woof: Cut out the joint and the booze and eventually you will get rested and have a good day. You might have some sleepless nights but it will eventually work out. Or not. In which case you have to get to a doctor. I have had chronic sleep problems for almost 50 years and I now take prescribed meds and it has made all the difference. Self-medicating never works. It puts you on that frustrating and miserable Catch-22 you are living.

And for those clever enough to catch the time of the post (4:39 a.m. EST) I have pneumonia, I suspect, and can't sleep. At least that now only happens when I'm sick, a rarity.
It's always a good idea to read a post carefully and think about it before posting something irrelevant, hiknapster. I gave an example for someone else about what it can be like ...... yes I've tried alcohol in the past, but not now. That was an attempt to get someone without experience of depression to be able to relate to it.

Clinical depression CAUSES sleep and drug problems, it isn't caused by them, especially if there's a genetic link. Do some research starting with an overview from an encyclopedia article on say manic depression, which is definitely influenced by genes (ordinary unipolar depression is a very mixed bag, so if you're researching the clinical type of depression it can be more confusing than the relatively clear-cut manic depression).

Old 09-08-2011, 02:03 AM

108 posts, read 198,920 times
I just want to say that I have been suicidal in the past and still battle every day with ptsd, but that after many years I did see the light at the end of the tunnel, and wonder of wonders, it wasn't an oncoming train. But part of what did help me is what ya'll have done here, and that is give support, concern and caring to someone, even if they are an anonymous person on the internet...

and that I am glad today that I didn't kill myself, even if there were times I wasn't quite sure what it was that was keeping me alive..I still feel like a failure because there are days I cannot leave the house because of agoraphobic panic attacks, but even on my 'bad' days, I can still use the internet to get fellowship with others, and I think that has been what has kept me going. So if you don't know if words on the net have ever made a difference in someone's life I just want to say that they have and they do.

that..and saying..'this too shall pass'...not that it gets better...but that it will pass..and it sounds trite I know, but it has helped.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:07 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Folks, I"m going to throw this out here in the hopes of it helping some one or more of you. I just finished reading The Ultramind Solution by Mark Hyman, and he talks about the epidemic of brain problems in our society such as depression, AD/HD, autism, and alzheimer's and he talks about the function of neurotransmitters and how so many of us are deficient in what we need to make the connections in our brains. (Up to 50% of us is what I read in the yahoo news last week!) We need dopamine when we have ADD, serotonin when we're depressed, and acetylcholine when we get forgetful and he talks about which nutrients we may need in our diets when we run short on these. He also talks about other things we may need to do if our usual health methods aren't working, such as getting mercury fillings replaced or cutting gluten out of the diet. I'm excited and feel more hopeful that I have in awhile and will let you all know how it turns out. Life sure is a journey, isn't it, and we need to stick it out till the end, though it may be hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health