Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 09:29 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crrogers22 View Post
Thank you for the information, everybody! As pointed out by one of the previous responders, I am only interested in meeting Mexican federal police. I guess I am secretly in love, and probably rarifying, Latin culture and that is what is fueling all this... I think I will ask some of my male and female friends to accompany downtown tomorrow afternoon...

In response to the warnings of danger in Ciudad Juarez, although it is definitely a dangerous city and one needs to be cautious, the murder rate is not all that exorbitant when one considers tht most of the people killed are killed due to their affiliations with drugs, knowing people involved in drugs, not paying quotas, et cetera.

However, I sometimes find the people saying doing X and Y is too dangerous are people who seem to live dangerously in other ways: They are sedentary, they eat poorly, they drink constantly. It's sad because most of those people are more likely to die than a health-conscious person who spends a couple of hours in Mexico...
I see. So, the two options are being a drunk couch potato who eats Twinkies or searching for hottie federales in Mexico?

ahahahaha. I'm just kidding with you. Good luck on your search but be careful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 02:52 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,340,345 times
Federales in Oaxaca. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The guys might think this federale is hotter and worth crossing the border:

Old 09-11-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Miss Rogers, I highly advise you 1) Avoid CJ and 2) Avoid the Mexican Federal Police. If something goes wrong, you WILL NOT receive any assistance from the Mexican government. Due to the image Obama wants to promote regarding Mexico you also won't be receiving any assistance from the US government either. I am aware of a group of US college students who vanished in Mexico ... the State Dept. kept pressuring the Mexicans who claim they don't know anything. Private investigators hired by one of the families found one of their rental cars in a police impound lot ...

There's plenty of Hispanic cops to date here in the US.
I don't know what you mean that foreigners will not receive help from Mexico or the U.S. Embassy. There are close to a million of us foreigners living in Mexico and wherever we live, Mexico provides additional security. I am unfamiliar with college students disappearing in Mexico. Almost all incidents of foreigners (Americans) being harmed or killed have been closer to the border and the drug trade has been involved. Stay away from drugs here in Mexico or in the U.S. and the lenght of your life and well being are more assured.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Miss Rogers, I highly advise you 1) Avoid CJ and 2) Avoid the Mexican Federal Police. If something goes wrong, you WILL NOT receive any assistance from the Mexican government. Due to the image Obama wants to promote regarding Mexico you also won't be receiving any assistance from the US government either. I am aware of a group of US college students who vanished in Mexico ... the State Dept. kept pressuring the Mexicans who claim they don't know anything. Private investigators hired by one of the families found one of their rental cars in a police impound lot ...

The only recent missing person case involving a college student was this lunatic who left Mexico and went to Belize without telling anyone, then refused to produce identification to officials when he crossed back into Mexico. Maybe this also explains the student's car being at the police station because they towed it there.

Quote:
Preston Dee Anderson, a Hartnell College basketball player who went missing on July 21, is in a jail cell in Mexico, Salinas police said Monday.
Quote:
"Anderson is currently in custody at a jail in Chetumal, Mexico, awaiting deportation to the United States," police Detective Mike Rivera said.
Quote:
"Preston appears to have been in Belize on Aug. 3 and 4 as his debit card was used at a hotel there," Corey Anderson said. Belize is Central America's northernmost country and the official language is English. It is bordered by Mexico, Guatemala and the Caribbean Sea.
Quote:
The same day he left the hotel, on Aug. 4, he was arrested and taken into custody because he ran into customs officials on one of Belize's borders and failed to show a passport or other proper identification, police said.
Read more: Police: Preston Anderson Found In Mexican Jail - Central Coast News Story - KSBW The Central Coast (http://www.ksbw.com/news/28943816/detail.html#ixzz1XgEhVSPz - broken link)

Old 09-12-2011, 10:24 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,835,330 times
A badge bunny in the Mexico forum? That's a surprise.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:09 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,847,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
I don't think they are animals for being cops. Some are good and some are bad. The problem in that part of Mexico is you don't know which cops are owned by the Cartels and are bad guys.

If she is looking for hunks, go to Addison Texas, a suburb of Dallas, and the firemen there are as hunky as they get. I think the only test they have to pass is a good looking test. Maybe Addison stopped hiring hunks by now because they got so many false fire alarms from women wanting to look at the firemen. I know I thought about it before.
Perhaps its those women in Addison that are desperate.

-Cheers.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Perhaps its those women in Addison that are desperate.

-Cheers.
Could be, I don't know because I live in Mexico now.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:23 AM

Quote:

Don't travel in the U.S. either because you have a greater chance of disappearing than in Mexico and never being found. Matter of fact, stay home, inside your house and never venture out because no matter where you live, something might happen to you especially in the U.S.A.

Missing Persons Statistics and Facts — 2,300 a Day — Crime Library on truTV.com

Quote:
2,300 a Day

Reports of missing persons have increased sixfold in the past 25 years, from roughly 150,000 in 1980 to about 900,000 this year. The increase was driven in part by the country's growing population. But the numbers also indicate that law enforcement treats the cases more seriously now, including those of marginalized citizens.

An astounding 2,300 Americans are reported missing every day, including both adults and children.

But only a tiny fraction of those are stereotypical abductions or kidnappings by a stranger.

For example, the federal government counted 840,279 missing persons cases in 2001. All but about 50,000 were juveniles, classified as anyone younger than 18.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:58 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Any valid answer to this question would expose the places where the police meet to the Cartels
This thread should be removed

Old 09-13-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Any valid answer to this question would expose the places where the police meet to the Cartels
This thread should be removed

That's about the funniest thing I've read on this board. The Cartels try to avoid the federales. They know where they are so they can stay away from them. Yeah, the motel/hotel employees won't tell a Cartel member for $100 pesos that federales checked in.

I've stayed in motels while traveling and there were a dozen or so federales black trucks/SUVs in the parking lot. Big secret. Same with the Army when they are traveling. It's hard to disguise those Army Humvees in motel and restaurant parking lots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico