Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 07:13 AM

1 posts, read 8,776 times

Advertisements

Can you tell me where alot of Americans live in Cancun? My husband's job is relocating there. I have a 6 month old baby, my husband will be working alot so I want to make sure that I won't be stuck at home all the time with no one.

Last edited by christina0001; 09-09-2008 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: removed quoted post from a different thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 07:46 AM

291 posts, read 648,994 times
depens of the job of your husband is the zone were you will live, check the boards of cancun and you can find people in your same position...

Old 09-03-2008, 05:49 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,038,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineLE24 View Post
Can you tell me where alot of Americans live in Cancun? My husband's job is relocating there. I have a 6 month old baby, my husband will be working alot so I want to make sure that I won't be stuck at home all the time with no one.
You're in for a lovely surprise,. I found Cancun to be one of the nicest cities in Mexico---and when you in the city proper, you will have no sense at all that you are near a tourist resort. It is just a nicely-planned, modern Mexican city, where the people are very, very friendly toward any Americans that care enough about Mexico to wander out of sight of the ocean. It is a really big city, too, with lots to do, but without the traffic problems and pollution of most Mexican cities. Cost of living would be a bit higher than most of Mexico, but with a US-based job there, that should not affect you.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 24,117 times
you have to visit www.cancunassist.com. i know the guy that runs it his name is Scott hes Canadian,all the American,foreigners meet usually every friday night at a pub called La taberna on Yaxchilan ave,,I live in Chicago and have thought of moving to Cancun,I was born inMexico but was raised in the US,,have a daughter thats in school here so thats whats holding me back for now, i know theres a Americans womans club just ask around,i have visited Cancun several times i like hanging out with the fisherman at the island -Isla de mujueres -very interesting what they catch daily go to (playa norte)great beach at Isla you can walk out in the ocean and still remain waist deep,the island is only a ten minute boat ride from cancun, met a girl there she prefers living at isla she says no traffic jams thats whats nice as car are prohibited at Isla,,,send me a PM if you have more questions good luck

Last edited by mustangcar; 10-03-2008 at 01:01 PM..

Old 10-08-2008, 04:41 PM

972 posts, read 3,927,124 times
You can live in a condo in the hotel zone, the city of cancun is not for americans...

Old 10-13-2008, 12:06 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,058,339 times
I lived in Cozumel, and there were a ton of internationals there. Cancun is a bigger city, but I'm sure it's similar. You'll be fine. It's safe, the people are friendly, and you'll be able to find a ex-pat community. I agree with ppl, try to find some on the boards before you go, and you'll feel better.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:01 AM

66 posts, read 269,008 times
has anyone found any greeks living in mexico?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico