Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 02:23 PM

291 posts, read 650,116 times

Advertisements

nop. the majority of the americans that live in Mexico are US Citizens, and are called americans, the people that decend from them and are born in Mexico are just mexicans, in Mexico we dont classified the people by race as US does, in Mexico all are mexicans regardless skin color.

Regards!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 04:35 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,840,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antgar View Post
nop. the majority of the americans that live in Mexico are US Citizens, and are called americans, the people that decend from them and are born in Mexico are just mexicans, in Mexico we dont classified the people by race as US does, in Mexico all are mexicans regardless skin color.

Regards!
hmm okay i just asked because mexicans who arent even born nor been to mexico call themselves mexicans instead of americans or simply use the hyphens

but the way the United states use racial or ethnic labels that would describe mexicans arent used in mexico*latino*

Old 09-18-2008, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,254 times
Hello, I'm new here. My husband, from Mexico, my 2 year old son and I are considering moving to Mexico. He would like to be in Toluca, I would like to be near the ocean but most important is quality schools for our son. We are not wealthy, only have a bit of savings, my husband would need to work. Does anyone have suggestions of good areas where my husband could find work that could support our family, good schools and possibly near the ocean? Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks!

Old 09-18-2008, 02:28 PM

What´s your husband profession or college carrer?

Old 09-18-2008, 02:39 PM

4 posts, read 16,356 times
I am from San Diego (been in Charlotte since 1990) and my parents lived in Baja California just north or Ensenada for 20 years. Foreigners are not allowed to own land in Mexico, so most people will get a 99-year lease or some other creative means. Prices are cheap, granted, but the police are corrupt, and it can be dangerous if you get stopped by one looking for a shakedown. While getting from the US through Tijuana is okay, crossing the border back to San Diego can take hours, depending on what time you go. There are a lot of Mexican nationals who work in the United States and the lines can start backing up at 5:00 a.m. They are also bad on a Sunday afternoon when all the Americans go back from their weekends in Mexico.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:29 PM

Her husband is from Mexico, so they can own their land in the coast line.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,162 times
Default A solution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
Hi, BajaChaos. Do you know of any useful websites to find real estate to rent? Everything I've seen thus far is geared towards vacationers. My hubbie and I are deeply researching this; gathering enough information to make a solid decision. Thanks for your help!

I found success by using Craigs List and also contacting real estate pros in Mexico proper. I have found that the best deals can be found in interior...Guadalajara et al...You can literally rent a very nice home for around $400/monthly...unreal...I currently live in Puerto Vallarta and pay next to nothing but then I live in the jungle in a small village...which I absolutely love....Try these options...you don't want to live in Guad unless you habla perfecto....so buena suerte!

Old 10-11-2008, 11:15 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,051,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
hmm okay i just asked because mexicans who arent even born nor been to mexico call themselves mexicans instead of americans or simply use the hyphens

but the way the United states use racial or ethnic labels that would describe mexicans arent used in mexico*latino*
This is true that in Mexico, there are no race labels like here in the U.S. However, looking at the bigger picture, we do consider ourselves Latinos. Mexicans in the U.S. will always consider themselves Mexicans first, Latinos/Hispanos second. Those that are born in the U.S. will either consider themselves Mexicans or Mexican American, depending on their personal experience. To hyphenate a nationality next to American is not used solely by Mexicans. It is used by many other ethnic groups like Japanese American, Chinese American, African American, Indian American, Irish American, Canadian American, etc.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:55 AM

48 posts, read 134,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbmore View Post
I found success by using Craigs List and also contacting real estate pros in Mexico proper. I have found that the best deals can be found in interior...Guadalajara et al...You can literally rent a very nice home for around $400/monthly...unreal...I currently live in Puerto Vallarta and pay next to nothing but then I live in the jungle in a small village...which I absolutely love....Try these options...you don't want to live in Guad unless you habla perfecto....so buena suerte!

WOW! Where? I lived 9 years outside of P.V., but then came...progress...the Americanizasion (?) of Mexico. I thought there were no more small villages left there.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:34 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,888,714 times
Do you live in Yelapa,maxbore? for here I come next Feb with my litle "tribe", beware!
for it won't be calm anymore (lol)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico