Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 07:34 PM

972 posts, read 3,926,162 times

Advertisements

Its right, this thread looks like: Oh man, all the hispanics must be BROWN according to the stereotype that american has of mexicans.. If you´re not with indians features its like wow! I never thought is mexican, and try to find explanations to that, the origins of the parents, from another countries, the mix of races, and yes, this is an obsetion of you guys...

Try to go to Mexico and find the real people, its more than you imagine and see in USA or your favorites destination beaches...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 07:50 PM

47 posts, read 128,995 times
Well, I find that it's also an obsession of Mexicans to think of Americans as almost all white, which is of course completely wrong. Agreed, there are many white Mexicans. White Mexican - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, why does it seem like the (I'm assuming you are, maybe i'm wrong) Mexicans here try to deny the large indigenous aspect and people of Mexico? OK, there are other people, but many are indigenous-what is wrong with this?

Old 08-16-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn12 View Post
Well, I find that it's also an obsession of Mexicans to think of Americans as almost all white, which is of course completely wrong. Agreed, there are many white Mexicans. White Mexican - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, why does it seem like the (I'm assuming you are, maybe i'm wrong) Mexicans here try to deny the large indigenous aspect and people of Mexico? OK, there are other people, but many are indigenous-what is wrong with this?

Ok, there is were you wrong, being mestizo doesnt mind you have to have indigenous aspect. And the majority of mexicans, loose thats features years ago. Check the thread Mexico and his people and you will find real people from real cities in MX.

If you can´t belive that, well, what can I say.

On the other hand, we dont care if the americans are white, brown or yellow, we really dont think in that things...

Last edited by el_inombrable; 08-16-2009 at 08:45 PM..

Old 08-16-2009, 09:02 PM

47 posts, read 128,995 times
The definition of mestizo is mixed European and Amerindian ancestry. And Mexicans have lost indigenous features-what? Here in the U.S., I see Mexican-Americans everyday, and, since you brought it up, I can tell you that they have not lost any of these "features". Again, it seems like you want the indigenous aspect of Mexico gone and make it some sort of New Spain. That just isn't the truth and will not happen and it would be a travesty if unique indigenous cultures were lost.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:04 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Why why why....can't you folks stop bickering about the same stuff? Who cares how you define "Hispanic"? It has already been addressed in numerous other threads. STOP THE DERAILMENT! (anyone who has spent time in Mexico knows the truth anyways).

Topic is: Surprise Mexicans....regardless of race. Thank you.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:26 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,252 times
NFL qb Jeff Garcia. I think Mexican, Irish.

Scout.com: Jeff Garcia helping students

Garcia-Romo matchup first with Hispanic quarterbacks - NFL - ESPN

His wife
Carmella DeCesare - Zimbio

Old 08-17-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn12 View Post
The definition of mestizo is mixed European and Amerindian ancestry. And Mexicans have lost indigenous features-what? Here in the U.S., I see Mexican-Americans everyday, and, since you brought it up, I can tell you that they have not lost any of these "features". Again, it seems like you want the indigenous aspect of Mexico gone and make it some sort of New Spain. That just isn't the truth and will not happen and it would be a travesty if unique indigenous cultures were lost.

what you see in the U.S. is not representative of the entire country.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:33 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Mitt Romney, father came from Mexico

Old 08-17-2009, 11:17 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,103 times
You have the other side of that here in the US. Tommy Lee Jones, Wayne Newton, Billy Bob Thorton, and Jessica BIel are all part Native American for instance.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:36 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Macmeal you are full of suprises! I had no idea Linda Ronstadt was part Mexican. Those are all good, it is pretty neat how religion has brought so many Irish and Mexicans together.
Well Ronstadt is part German not Irish. But then as far as Mexicans are concerned there's not much differnece.lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico