Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 12:55 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,424,603 times

Advertisements

Never hit a homeless, but i turned into a street with homeless lined up in downtown and 2 individuals having a verbal confrontation.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:01 PM

911 posts, read 1,716,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
I was driving with a friend and a squeegie man literally jumped on the hood
Homeless Hood Ornament. Miami Bling!

Old 11-15-2010, 03:30 PM

415 posts, read 1,668,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
Hey! HGI! How's the ride on the wild side treating you? Too busy livin' it to share it, eh? C'mon bro, I'd love to hear some new true tales of South Beach insanity from a fellow former Bostonian...
B08! How are ya brother? Life in south Florida was insane the first year I moved down here. However, the late, late nights on the weekends really took a toll on me after about 1 year (but it was a hell of a ride!). Honestly, I think I aged about 10 years during that time I really enjoyed the beach scene during the day and the club/bar scene on the weekend. And the lovely women that were at both places.

Long story short, I'm dating this half Philipino/half Colombian girl, moved to Broward, job moved to Pompano, and live a little more normal life. I usually watch the Sunday football games at the bars (Go Pats!) and go out in downtown Fort Lauderdale about once a week. Boring I know!

Old 11-15-2010, 06:16 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,417,540 times
There is this guy who hangs out on 88th street, sometimes in his wheelchair. I almost hit him on a daily basis. And there is another guy, he is african-american, so he is black, and he wears black clothes, and begs on Red Road and US 1, at night...I can't see him when I am right next to him. He needs to wear orange or something, or not beg at night...I have a very high SUV, and am sure that one will be under my bumper one of these days, and I will of course, be out big time...or would you? Can they sue you for hitting them if they are in the street?

Old 11-16-2010, 05:58 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,570,714 times
Your post saddens me. I hope you never have to experiance the callowness you display toward those less fortunate than yourself.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:57 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,072,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Your post saddens me. I hope you never have to experiance the callowness you display toward those less fortunate than yourself.
I don't see anything wrong with any of the comments here. Maybe in your state Washington, you have different type of homeless, but over here it's not unheard of homeless attacking people. If I want to help there are other ways than exposing myself to be sued or assaulted by a mentally ill or drug addict

I think you are very naive and judgmental. The reason we don't stop is because we don't want to be assaulted which has happened to people I know. OF course we feel bad for them but if you really want to help this people you don't give them money to buy drugs, because you are just perpetuating this behavior. Do you think it's safe for this people to throw themselves to moving cars? Obviously they do it, because they know people get scared and confused and will act out of impulse. IF you want to help them then give donate to those organizations that help the homeless.

Dont come here to judge us, leave that to God if you believe in one. I know real poverty, I've seen children working and begging on the streets, so excuse me if I don't feel as compassionate for people who can easily get help if they really want to get helped. Drug addicts cannot be helped unless they want the help, I think most people know that. Mentally ill people can't help themselves and many people out there look act very normal but they could have all kinds of psychitric problems. I know because I have dealt with mentally ill people and it's quite scary how normal they can act sometimes. Mentally ill people and drug addicts are just part of our society, but they need to be dealt in a smart way, through professionals, not through some guilt impulse.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:46 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,417,540 times
I did not think I was callous. I am concerned about my safety, and the safety of these street people. They should not be begging in the street. Miami traffic is terrible. The last thing we need is people wandering around intersections looking for a hand out, especially at night, or in wheelchairs. The appropriate place for these people to go is to a shelter, ask for assistance, in getting social security, or placed in sheltered employment at Goodwill to earn money until they get back on their feet.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:26 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,493,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowGoesIt View Post
B08! How are ya brother? Life in south Florida was insane the first year I moved down here. However, the late, late nights on the weekends really took a toll on me after about 1 year (but it was a hell of a ride!). Honestly, I think I aged about 10 years during that time I really enjoyed the beach scene during the day and the club/bar scene on the weekend. And the lovely women that were at both places.

Long story short, I'm dating this half Philipino/half Colombian girl, moved to Broward, job moved to Pompano, and live a little more normal life. I usually watch the Sunday football games at the bars (Go Pats!) and go out in downtown Fort Lauderdale about once a week. Boring I know!
Sounds nice. Riding the wild side on SoBe sure can wear you out, but yes, as you said, it's fun for a good long while. So you nabbed a a nice Philli-Latina eh? Sounds sweet. You sound happy. Too cool bro.

Hey just for the record, how would you compare Boston women vs Miami women? I would be interested in your take...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami