Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:46 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm an attractive female and I never had a problem getting hit on but it was always by the complete idiots and of course 10 years or more younger than me I seriously never found any quality people there who weren't mixed up into money, drugs, women. It was all about getting notches in their belt (which I've done myself) but I mean I've known people my age still going to club Space. I mean grow the F up!! You're not 21 anymore
Club Space! I stopped going there after High School. I don't even go to South Beach much anymore. Unless I know I am paying no cover and not waiting forget it. Just a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenboyce View Post
Example: One of my female coworkers is 200+ lbs and she was complaining to me about why couldn't she get a guy with a washboard stomach and a ferrari to talk to her. Only guys with BMW's talk to her. I guess more power to her, but it doesn't seem like a great situation for me.

As for me, I'm actively looking for my walking papers. Hoping to break my apartment lease early and head to Los Angeles...
That is funny. I will say maybe you should check out more North too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 09:35 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,138 times
I have had the same problem here for years and many of my close friends and relatives consider me attractive and tell that I deserve an attractive, good hearted, hard worker and with a future. I found him outside of Miami (over 1,000 miles away), exactly what I wanted all my life and I'll move as soon as a I graduate from school. I dated a bunch of losers from different latin countries and none of them was worth my time (probably like 1, but wasn't what I really wanted). None of the guys I dated in Miami desired a career or have a plan for the future, they thought they will be forever young. Very few of them had basic manners such as chewing their mouth shut, greet my parents properly, being polite in general and basic chivalry. Also, another problem I had is that our cultures crashed and we missmatched. I like nerdy or/and intellectual and simple type of guys who are drama free and who have goals in life. Many people tell me I will never find somebody like that in Miami, that I should go to Palm Beach County or another state. Most men in Miami just care about their "babies" aka leased cars, looks, watch, hit clubs every night and get as many women as possible.... In my opinion, 99% are not worth my time and they are not really attractive.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:37 PM

49 posts, read 151,843 times
Wow! I guess it's bad on both sides - for men & women. From a guy that came here from NY, Miami feels like someone walking into a strip club hoping to get a girlfriend. The girls are only interested in flirting with him to get as much money out of him as possible without getting into bed with him. Yes, there is NO sex in the champagne room. Women basically treat men like ATM machines knowing that if they do give up any sex, they'll lose their ATM card.

Maybe my opinion will change. I've only been here 6 months...

Edit: I should add that Miami definitely has the most beautiful, well-dressed women in the entire country! Sometimes, just going out is jaw dropping....

Last edited by stevenboyce; 08-24-2012 at 12:46 PM..

Old 08-24-2012, 12:41 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Quote:
I've been in Miami for about 5 months. In NYC, I'm usually pretty popular with the ladies. I didn't have a hard time finding a date. Here in Miami, I don't have any problems meeting women and maybe even getting a number, but it never seems to go past that. Of the few first dates I've had, most of the women seem really impatient and downright mean. I've talked to 5 other new guys coming from various states and they say about the same thing. I knew a guy that left after 11 months and all he said that "dating is really bad". He left the state before I could get more info out of him.
Quote:

Is there some local cultural dating step that I'm missing? or this just the way it is here?

I don't know, man.....sounds like you're hitting it off pretty good with the guys.......

Old 08-24-2012, 12:47 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
I have had the same problem here for years and many of my close friends and relatives consider me attractive and tell that I deserve an attractive, good hearted, hard worker and with a future. I found him outside of Miami (over 1,000 miles away), exactly what I wanted all my life and I'll move as soon as a I graduate from school. I dated a bunch of losers from different latin countries and none of them was worth my time (probably like 1, but wasn't what I really wanted). None of the guys I dated in Miami desired a career or have a plan for the future, they thought they will be forever young. Very few of them had basic manners such as chewing their mouth shut, greet my parents properly, being polite in general and basic chivalry. Also, another problem I had is that our cultures crashed and we missmatched. I like nerdy or/and intellectual and simple type of guys who are drama free and who have goals in life. Many people tell me I will never find somebody like that in Miami, that I should go to Palm Beach County or another state. Most men in Miami just care about their "babies" aka leased cars, looks, watch, hit clubs every night and get as many women as possible.... In my opinion, 99% are not worth my time and they are not really attractive.
Guess you have never met 90% of the guys I am friends with. I know the type of preson you are talking about but it seems like you just were hanging out with the wrong people. There are typical normal people in Miami. Like myself and the vast majority of my friends. But glad you are happy now. It was probably a good thing you did not find anyone here now that you think of it. But 99% I think you were just hanging out with the wrong crowds for what you were looking for.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I don't know, man.....sounds like you're hitting it off pretty good with the guys.......
At that point I was looking for a wing man. You should know any good pick-up artist has a solid wing man! Why what are you inferring?

Edit: Quote from someone else: "Miami's dating scene is like Los Angeles' Worst Stereotypes about women on Steroids"...

Last edited by stevenboyce; 08-24-2012 at 01:51 PM..

Old 08-24-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Guess you have never met 90% of the guys I am friends with. I know the type of preson you are talking about but it seems like you just were hanging out with the wrong people. There are typical normal people in Miami. Like myself and the vast majority of my friends. But glad you are happy now. It was probably a good thing you did not find anyone here now that you think of it. But 99% I think you were just hanging out with the wrong crowds for what you were looking for.
Well, I used to hang out from high school dropouts from Opa-Locka and Hialeah to UM grads... they were all the same => douchebags. Sometimes, they started out nice and seem to be a good match, but after a few dates, they started to change and turned out to be a$$holes.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:38 AM

250 posts, read 696,491 times
The women in this place can turn a nice guy into an *******... A nice guy in this town will get his ass handed to him. After a while nice guys like me wont even bother. Its just too much drama, money, and mental anguish for what you get in return. A lot of times my mentality is "Wow she is hot but that woman will be nothing but trouble".

Old 08-29-2012, 06:39 AM

Well, another one bit the dust for me...

The first girl I met in Miami was really cute and flirted with me so much on our first meeting. I went out with her two more times and we were in the making out phase. Then she called me one night and started rudely interrogating me about my past relationships like: What's the longest relationship you've been in? When do you expect to get married? Then she just started yelling at me at the top of her lungs. I was like WTF? I had never experienced this in many, many years of dating.

The most recent girl was so flirtatious as well. I went out with her on 3 dates. Everything was going great, we were kissing a lot. Then she calls me before the hurricane and says she'll be busy at her family's place this weekend and she'll talk to me after the weekend. So she texts me on Tuesday and is like: Why haven't you called me over the weekend? If this is going nowhere then you should be honest with me, blah, blah... and now she won't take my calls and is ignoring my texts. Another WTF for me...

That's the 3rd blowout for me in 6 months of dating down here. Is there something in the water down here?? I can see why so many of my male coworkers who are born & raised Miami have only been with 1 woman their entire lives...

Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmontaq View Post
The women in this place can turn a nice guy into an *******... A nice guy in this town will get his ass handed to him. After a while nice guys like me wont even bother. Its just too much drama, money, and mental anguish for what you get in return. A lot of times my mentality is "Wow she is hot but that woman will be nothing but trouble".
Well, I would say I'm kinda independent and I'm not the typical girl calling and texting 24/7 because I have things to do! I'm not on the guy's a$$ all the time like most girls in Miami. If I go out, I pay my part 90% of the time, I don't expect nobody to pay for my stuff. I have never asked a guy money or to take me to a fancy place. Whatever, I gave up in Miami's dating scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami