Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 08:27 PM

683 posts, read 853,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
You are not the first person to say this.
I know I'm not. I didn't get that phrase on my own, an actual Cuban told me that. lol Don't get me wrong though, All Cubans are definitely not ignorant. Plenty of cool ones. Just there are a few where you are like really?

Dating scene is crazy. Sad because this is a place where if you do find a mate, there is so much to do. I just figure though you have more fun in your 20's at least in my generation. Trying not to give up, but looks like AZ is on the hit list to move to. Very upcoming city. Beautiful women without the BS. Four years ago I said Miami women were right above Phoenix women as far as looks. Right now Phoenix has it. Go to aznightlife.com and check out the pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 08:34 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
I know I'm not. I didn't get that phrase on my own, an actual Cuban told me that. lol Don't get me wrong though, All Cubans are definitely not ignorant. Plenty of cool ones. Just there are a few where you are like really?

Dating scene is crazy. Sad because this is a place where if you do find a mate, there is so much to do. I just figure though you have more fun in your 20's at least in my generation. Trying not to give up, but looks like AZ is on the hit list to move to. Very upcoming city. Beautiful women without the BS. Four years ago I said Miami women were right above Phoenix women as far as looks. Right now Phoenix has it. Go to aznightlife.com and check out the pictures.

I'm a straight woman so I can't really be a judge of that. I think Miami has some of the most gorgeous women I have ever seen. The plastic surgery culture is so disappointing. I just lose all respect for someone once I find out they had work done (besides anti-aging stuff that older women get like botox). Male or female, it just is too vain to get calve implants, breast implants, or butt implants.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I'm a straight woman so I can't really be a judge of that. I think Miami has some of the most gorgeous women I have ever seen. The plastic surgery culture is so disappointing. I just lose all respect for someone once I find out they had work done (besides anti-aging stuff that older women get like botox). Male or female, it just is too vain to get calve implants, breast implants, or butt implants.
I agree with the fake butts and stuff. That's why I put AZ on top now. Miami was the land of the most beautiful women, but large quantities of women down here have some kind of work done. I like natural looking women. Plastic surgery went from only the rich to anybody that can get a credit card, so that is why it's so prevalent down here.

Even with all the negatives about the women, I still love Miami. It's really a great city. So much to do. It's smaller than NY and LA both places I lived in, but can compete with both cities because of the variety of things to do . Miami has been more popular than ever lately that is why there is such a change in attitude with people. In LA, you can see the Hollywood attitude, but it's so big that the majority is not like that. Miami is very small compared to LA. So there are no really outskirts to get away of the pretentious attitudes as much.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:32 PM

195 posts, read 350,511 times
Quote:
Nose jobs usually look very nice, so do liposuctions. Some people do go overboard but a lot of plastic surgery improves your appearance. I don't think there is anything wrong with that except for the risks.

I love nice nose jobs. Noses get big and crooked with age.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:48 AM

313 posts, read 647,449 times
Quote:
Thats the problem. There are too many Cubans. Their population increased dramatically over the last 10 years. I'm not fond of the Cuban women. They mostly all look the same. Pale with big butts. Funny thing though, 80% of their country is black and they don't like dark. Hate that the black and mixed ones don't come to FL, only the white ones for the most part.

They outnumber the sexy South Americans. I love the Colombianas, but it appears they are moving out of Miami by the droves. They are more in Broward and spread out. I used to have a field day in Kendall.
Not according to the 2010 Census.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:15 AM

39 posts, read 45,247 times
Quote:
I'm black and actually got with a few Cuban chics and I have nothing that you have lol. I'm an Accountant. When you are young, they would stray at least in my case. I never chased them though, I always thought Cubans were the rednecks of the Hispanic community. Outside of Miami and New Jersey, a lot of people don't know about Cubans.

I always loved the Colombianas because they were always straight up. Very rare to get the number and they would be on that BS. Not too many Puerto Ricans down here. If you like them then you would have a field day in Orlando.
I will admit, I went on a date with one Cuban girl. Because of my being biracial, I'm kind of on the light side and she thought I was Caucasian. We went on a date to Prime 112 and when I asked where she was from. She said she was Cuban. When she asked me, I told her my father was Nigerian and my mother was Greek. When I said that, her whole facial expression and mood changed from nice and sweet to distant and cold. When I took her home, she said that she went on the date with me because she thought I was Caucasian. She then said I could not provide the lifestyle she wanted. Mind you, I drove her in a Mercedes G550, I paid $378 for a meal for two, including the fact that she wanted the most expensive bottle of wine, and I told her I was an attorney.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:46 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanfordBoy View Post
I will admit, I went on a date with one Cuban girl. Because of my being biracial, I'm kind of on the light side and she thought I was Caucasian. We went on a date to Prime 112 and when I asked where she was from. She said she was Cuban. When she asked me, I told her my father was Nigerian and my mother was Greek. When I said that, her whole facial expression and mood changed from nice and sweet to distant and cold. When I took her home, she said that she went on the date with me because she thought I was Caucasian. She then said I could not provide the lifestyle she wanted. Mind you, I drove her in a Mercedes G550, I paid $378 for a meal for two, including the fact that she wanted the most expensive bottle of wine, and I told her I was an attorney.

Whoa. I had no idea people could be that racist/cruel in Miami. That is so ridiculous to me.

Another thing. What do you mean by "I told her I was an attorney". Were you just BSing?

I highlighted the mercedes part because I noticed so many guys in Miami lead with their money. After just meeting someone say at the dog park, beach, or whatever they will say "Oh yeah I drive this and this and I do this and this for a living" oh yeah. Its weird. So you think I will want to be your friend or grab lunch with you because you can afford to finance a benz? Thats almost insulting to me. I'm not a gold digger and don't give a **** about your car.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:03 AM

39 posts, read 45,247 times
Quote:
Whoa. I had no idea people could be that racist/cruel in Miami. That is so ridiculous to me.

Another thing. What do you mean by "I told her I was an attorney". Were you just BSing?

I highlighted the mercedes part because I noticed so many guys in Miami lead with their money. After just meeting someone say at the dog park, beach, or whatever they will say "Oh yeah I drive this and this and I do this and this for a living" oh yeah. Its weird. So you think I will want to be your friend or grab lunch with you because you can afford to finance a benz? Thats almost insulting to me. I'm not a gold digger and don't give a **** about your car.
What? I'm just saying that the signs were there that I could provide the so-called "life" that she wanted.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanfordBoy View Post
What your saying is definitely the truth, but my question is why didn't you get this straightened out before the date? I mean I guess because I'm not ballin, I like to get everything out there before I spend cash. lol I always like to know their background. Miami used to be mixed up more. Not so much. Still lots of things to do here. though. I'm trying to move back out West this year, wish I didn't buy my condo though.

Attorney and you couldn't provide her kind of lifestyle? Ummm what did she do for a living? I mean seriously, most of these Cuban women don't have a pot to **** in or a window to throw it out.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:

I have to re-interate that all Cubans are not ignorant or racist. You do have a few, but it's nothing like going to Alabama or something. lol

Because a lot of the women down here like that. It's has increased over the years because of the media attention. It was just a small section years ago, now it's viral. It makes me laugh especially to the women that don't have much and expect a guy to give them everything.

Last edited by deboinair; 02-23-2013 at 02:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami