Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2018, 09:29 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,417,057 times

Advertisements

Kafe Krystal in Kendall, Hamm?

I think it was some kind of Latin dance place that briefly had punk rock shows on weekends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 03:12 PM

564 posts, read 1,041,899 times
What was the name of the restaurant in Coconut Grove that was upstairs, on Commodore Plaza, and we ate in a garden setting? I think it was on the left side of the road if going toward Grand Avenue. I seem to remember there being Tiffany lamps there, unless I'm confusing it with some other restaurant.

Old 07-22-2018, 04:48 PM

564 posts, read 1,041,899 times
The name came to me! It was Kaleidoscope! I Googled it and it looks like there's a shoe store there and maybe someplace called the Garden Cafe?

Old 07-22-2018, 11:48 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,898,505 times
So cool that this thread has been going on since 2007! I remember Hooters in Town and Country. Don't remember Kafe Krystal or Kaleidescope.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:52 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,412,957 times
At The Greenery Mall on Kendall Drive just West from Dadeland and under the Palmetto, there used to be a Tex Mex Cantina we used to hit all the time, (anyone remember their name ???) working on site at the now defunct Circuit City..It was either a stop there on the way home or at Carter's Lanes for a few brewskies on Kendall Drive and SW 137th Ave SW.

Both of course, gone with the Wind and the Times.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:16 PM

1 posts, read 966 times
[quote=cholo57;10676643]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexer View Post
This one I don't remember. The one I was talking about was directly opposite of Big Daddy's, on the NW corner of the intersection. And yes, the food was lousy there, too.

Rexer,
I used to work at the McCrory's on Miracle Mile...and we used to have a grill/luncheonette counter...used to sell burgers, corn dogs and hot dogs. A few years back the whole place was razed to become condos...during the building madness...but anyways,...the place you're talking about is Denny's, and yes,..the food remains lousy.
Across from Daddy's there used to be like an art Mall or something like that...it is now a Ross store. I used to catch the bus when geting off work at that bus stop.
Those were the days.

Do you know the address where the mccrory store was on miracle mile in coral gables? My father was the manager there from 1960 to 1962. I have not been back since 1963 and I will be going in August and would like to see where the store was.

Thanks for any help you can give

Old 07-25-2018, 01:57 AM

253 posts, read 434,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
Arbetter"s is still there.

Yes, very much still there. It was very sad what happened. The son Ronnie Arbetter took over from his father but then Ronnie died very young within just a few years. That was maybe a decade ago.

I use the Goodyear service center next door to Arbetter's. They have one very nice female employee who is the daughter of the owner and sometimes will go to Arbetter's and bring back a surprise hot dog to a customer who is hungry and has been waiting a long time.

Well, she did that for my aunt, anyway. Great gesture that prompted loyalty from myself and my aunt. But it's justified. Once I thought I had a major engine problem but the owner said I was merely using bad gas. I was skeptical but once I switched to Top Tier detergent gasoline he was exactly correct. Problem gone. No charge.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:01 AM

72 posts, read 60,090 times
There used to be a Grand Union supermarket on the corner of Ludlam RD and Coral Way . Also a Western Auto on sw 8 st near like 64 ave on the west Miami side . A long time ago . Also back in the late 80"s in Medley in a little warehouse district near the Palmetto n south river drive there was a good country western "dance place" named Westleys" (kinda small) . It was"nt there long but it was a good place for a country boy on Fri and Sat nites to go and dance with some fine mostly "gringas " . Well kepted secret for a short while a great "fishing hole " for a very young man ............... HeeeHawwww !!!!!!

Old 07-26-2018, 02:31 AM

72 posts, read 60,090 times
Anybody knew or remembered our freind Eddie Edward Kean he was a writer etc from Howdy Doody fame . The father of the word "Cowabunga" from Miami/Coral Gables/ Coconut Grove ,and other parts of the country. https://www.wnyc.org/story/92336-edw...riter-dies-85/
RIP Eddie ............

Old 07-26-2018, 05:41 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,898,505 times
I remember the Grand Union on Bird Road and 87th. I think there was a Luria's in the same plaza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami