Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 08:41 PM

471 posts, read 621,545 times

Advertisements

I think Miami's driving scene has been deteriorating to the point where anyone should buy a dash cam to protect themselves from any liability in the streets and expressways. We should follow the Russian example, dash cams are part of their culture now.

Everyday it is madness when I commute to/from work. Why go to Orlando when an hour stuck in traffic here gives you more emotions. Sometimes I get home in a bad mood and after analyzing what's the cause, I notice is the commuting experience and always having idiots who cut me aggressively, drive through the apex and cut me, tailgate me to force me go faster than the speed limit, etc.

I love my job, my family, my life in Miami. The only thing thing I dislike is the fact that we must commute by car and we must deal with the expressway madness.

Months ago an immature girl went through the red light and collided with my vehicle. The little 18 year old fake-blond turd, filled with tattoos all around her body lied to the police officer and since there were no street cameras that recorded the incident, the officer did not give her a ticket and I had to pay my car repair.

Most of the people drive over the speed limit, and civilized people that obey the laws are tailgated and forced to speed up.

I was thinking we should start a picture thread of the chaotic driving scene. Please post pictures (Evidence) and videos if you have any. Let's see who can take a picture or record a clip of rude Miami drivers in action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 09:18 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,326,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
I was thinking we should start a picture thread of the chaotic driving scene. Please post pictures (Evidence) and videos if you have any. Let's see who can take a picture or record a clip of rude Miami drivers in action.
When will you be out driving around so I can record somebody taking pictures/video while behind the wheel?

Old 12-03-2014, 10:23 PM

471 posts, read 621,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
When will you be out driving around so I can record somebody taking pictures/video while behind the wheel?
You've never heard of dash cams before. I got mine (Black Box G1W) for 60 dollars through Amazon. Made in China, records 1080 P at 30 frames per second. You can attach dash cams to the windshield the same way you attach gps. It is worth every penny.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:45 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,079,621 times
I Miami you have to drive at least 40 to 50 feet from any moving object. You have to envision the future and imagine any possible stupidity, any possible irrationality. Don't forget to scream "maricón" to any infractor.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:31 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
I've been cut off a million times.....and to be quite honest I'm guilty of doing some "cutting off" as well.

The way traffic is.....it sometimes leaves on with no choice but to cut someone off. Either u do that or u never get to where you need to go.

So while I think Miami drivers are overall pretty crap.... given the way traffic moves and how slowly it does move...it's no wonder people get nuts ni their cars and will do almost anything to get to where they're going.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:06 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,866,647 times
The way to survive the roads here is to assume no one has insurance. Also vehicles in the far right and left lanes are subject to make turns in the opposite direction as the light turns red. Monday seems to be drive on the wrong side of the road day. Wednesday is cut everyone off day and don't forget about tailgate Thursdays. But if you think the drivers here are bad then you need to head over to youtube and check out Chinese drivers.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:10 PM

30 posts, read 35,517 times
Rats were studied when filled to capacity in a small cage, the Rats became irate and angry. Same Rats in large cage with more space, Rats became docile and relaxed, no fighting. Miami is a small area and over-crowded. Humans like Rats will be the same in same conditions. Accept it or leave, but if you move to be VB, bring your Banker. I just learned from reading the new book by Rolands about the history of Miami that Miami's old nickname among the old French 1700s meaning "Caged".

Happy hunting and shalom!

Old 12-05-2014, 09:35 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
It is not the drivers but the road system, As mentioned above cramming 2-3 times the amount of cars that the system was designed for leads to disaster. The only solution is to get cars off the roads, or redesign the roads to handle more traffic.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:00 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
Rats were studied when filled to capacity in a small cage, the Rats became irate and angry. Same Rats in large cage with more space, Rats became docile and relaxed, no fighting. Miami is a small area and over-crowded. Humans like Rats will be the same in same conditions. Accept it or leave, but if you move to be VB, bring your Banker. I just learned from reading the new book by Rolands about the history of Miami that Miami's old nickname among the old French 1700s meaning "Caged".

Happy hunting and shalom!
I love Miami much better, more exciting, great place to visit, VB is okay just no where near as exciting as the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area, so Matzo Ball Soup to you.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:10 PM

564 posts, read 747,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
Most of the people drive over the speed limit, and civilized people that obey the laws are tailgated and forced to speed up.
While I agree with the general spirit of your post I have to say one of the things that drives absolutely crazy driving in Miami is people driving slow on the left lane. It doesn't matter if you're driving at the speed limit, if someone is behind you and going faster you HAVE to get out of the way and let them pass. I want to murder someone when I'm in a hurry and I get stuck behind some idiot doing 55 or 60 on the left lane and another idiot driving right next to me at the same speed on the right lane and I can't go anywhere.

When will idiots learn that you are NOT supposed to drive slow on the left lane, it's called the fast lane for a reason and it is for people to go fast (duh) and for passing. Someone that thinks they're a safe driver because they drive slow is dumb, they're endangering other drivers. It's perfectly ok to go slow if they want, they just have to keep themselves to the right lanes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami