Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 06:00 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I had an Anglo friend who TAUGHT Spanish. She said you wouldn't believe what you'd hear on elevators, etc. Some of these Latinas can be quite nasty, I know from personal experience.

Why did 2/3 of the Anglos leave Miami--they got sick of hearing Spanish. Don't you people understand that? Even if Castro dies, you'll all still stay because you like all the freebies you get here!
Am I the "you all" "you people" you are referring to? For your information I don't get any "freebies" My family and I pay taxes, a LOT of taxes. Much more than the average American.

Second whatever happens to Castro is the least of my worries since neither my family or I have a Cuban citizenship.

Third, I'm not surprised by your generalizations about LatinAs, in fact I was expecting them. Most people that come here complaining about Spanish speaking end up showing their true colors by the second or third post.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:04 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Am I the "you all" you are referring to?
Yeah, I mean your obviously Cuban.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:06 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Yeah, I mean your obviously Cuban.
A Cuban Princess exempt from taxes

Old 10-12-2009, 06:10 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
A Cuban Princess.
yo podría ser tu principe gringo si quieras !

This is a funny thread and if you have a problem with spanish in a certain area, just leave because complaining on a messageboard (or anywhere) will not and can't change anything because of a little thing called freedom of speech.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:15 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
A Cuban Princess exempt from taxes

♥...PriNc322 m4m1 ♥

Old 10-12-2009, 06:18 PM

54 posts, read 115,618 times
Quote:
I've seen many anglos that shop at the Latin restaurants and Bakeries here in Miami. They know the products and even ask for them in their Spanish name.
Dang skippy! You better believe I know how to order a pastilitos, croquetas, pan con bistec, ropa vieja and the most important one of all, DULCE DE LECHE, YUM!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 05:21 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Default Who Else Speaks Spanish?

Quote:
Am I the "you all" "you people" you are referring to? For your information I don't get any "freebies" My family and I pay taxes, a LOT of taxes. Much more than the average American.

Second whatever happens to Castro is the least of my worries since neither my family or I have a Cuban citizenship.

Third, I'm not surprised by your generalizations about LatinAs, in fact I was expecting them. Most people that come here complaining about Spanish speaking end up showing their true colors by the second or third post.
No one but Latinos speak Spanish in Florida. My ONLY problem with Latinos is that they continue to speak Spanish when they are AMERICAN citizens and have been given a wonderful opportunity here in the U.S.A. and don't appreciate it.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:06 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If you were to do some traveling and talk to some people on the world, you'd definitely notice that most americans living overseas do not bother to learn that country's language.

I hate to say it , but that is 100% true ... my job takes me around Latin America , The Caribbean and from time to time Asia ... I have spent time in Anglo expat communities in San Juan , Puerto Rico ( Dorado ) Guadalajara , Mexico , - San Jose , Costa Rica - Panama City , Panama and Bangkok , Thailand and have met many Anglo expats and their families , some going on ten years in their host countries and ...... surprise they do not speak a lick of the local language nor do they intend to and worse are upset when locals do not speak English , hang out in enclaves with other Americans , watch American TV , listen to American music , desperately seek and source Mc Donalds , Burger King and other American food venues and try and impose their lifestyles on the local people .... not saying this is good or bad ... but it certainly sounds like the behaviors that many of us non Hispanic whites constantly bash Hispanics for following

Old 10-13-2009, 06:07 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
No one but Latinos speak Spanish in Florida. My ONLY problem with Latinos is that they continue to speak Spanish when they are AMERICAN citizens and have been given a wonderful opportunity here in the U.S.A. and don't appreciate it.
Stay in pristine , crime free , angelic Georgia and you will not have a problem precisely what makes this country great .... yes many are American citizens and are free to speak other languages besides English .... also the overwhelming majority of Hispanics that I know and are US citizens love the US and do appreciate it . You must associate with some pretty low rung Hispanics ??

Old 10-13-2009, 07:26 AM

156 posts, read 252,502 times
Quote:
----

You're entirely right. Any American citizen that speaks a foreign language should be stripped of his citinzenship. Such a wonderful opportunity!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami