Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 12:04 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
...but when we want to be a citizen of their country, Brazil, Mexico or Colombia, it's almost impossible unless you have $200k to dump for a Resident Visa.
It costs that much money? I'm not familiar with acquiring an overseas visa.

Old 12-27-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
Yea, and Dubya let it all happen while his buddies got rich. Incompetent fool.
Runs deeper than incompetent.

Both sides are terrible. Break an arm or break a leg. I haven't voted in 20 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
This is why I am hoping for collapse. Once people are hungry and desperate they will finally hunt down the crooks that put them there. Unlike 2008 a lot more people are wise to their corruption. For years I warned that when property prices rise faster than incomes it shows the dirty money in action. South Beach was still reasonable in the 1970's, you could buy a house there away from the water for less than in parts of Kendall! Once drug money hit Miami in the 1980's the bubble started inflating. So take the time to look up where those hedge fund managers live so when the next collapse you can visit them and ask for your money back. Look at how a few years back crooks like Carrington profited from free Fed money and throwing people out on the street.
I realized what was meant by dirty money when I read further down. Does dirty money also encompass fund managers and the like doing unethical but legal things?

Old 12-27-2015, 12:46 PM

301 posts, read 368,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Yes-it's true. Trump is right-We Americans are dummies because we have such lax immigration rules so we have to take all the bad immigrants-poor and uneducated-some are hard core criminals. They just walk across the Border in Texas or boat in to Miami or the Keys. On the flip side, if an American wants to immigrate to their country, we have to: 1) Marry a local. 2) Have a baby 3) Drop $200k usd or more (many countries demand more like $300k usd) in a bank as an "investment". They do this by design as it keeps out freeloader immigrants, so the immigrants immigrating to Mexico are good people with their own money, not taking their jobs.

Mexico and Mexicans are smart while we Americans are incompetent - and they all know we are stupid.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:50 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,945,727 times
Quote:
No, it doesn't cost that much money, it is just that the government officials want to look at your financial statements to see if you are self-sufficient and not there to take jobs. You might have to pony up sizeable assets to prove your self-worth or capital worth is.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:51 PM

699 posts, read 611,345 times
Quote:
This is why I am hoping for collapse. Once people are hungry and desperate they will finally hunt down the crooks that put them there.
Your hoping for an economic collapse so people become 'desperate' and then hunt down 'crooks'? Am I reading you right?

Let's face it, appreciating real estate values cut both ways. Rednecks who bought in Miami Beach in the 70s, would be cashing out nicely today. Not just "Hedge Fund Manager Boogeymen", "Drug Dealers" or whoever you guys think lives on Miami Beach. If you were around here in the 70s and didn't buy - that was your mistake. You missed the train to prosperity, and that's no one else's fault.

There are still a lot of good deals in Miami, Overtown all the way to Little Haiti are the places to buy cheap property that surely will skyrocket in 10-20 years.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
1) Marry a local. 2)
That's funny because that's what the majority of trashy immigrants do on South Beach, to stay in America. They are mostly from Eastern Europe (Serbian, Bulgarian, Russian). In fact, if you want to network here on South Beach and get into the upscale clubs for free-without waiting in lines and sometimes with free drink tickets-it's best to network with the Serbian/Montenegrin crowd here. They are all social climbers, money obsessed and tend to work as promoters or bouncers for the clubs. Ex Nenad Petrovic and Boban [forgot his last name] get me into Mynt. Another Petar [forgot his last name] works security at "Don't Sit on the Furniture" as well as the strip club Madonnas. Then there is Milos Klimovic who runs Talent Nation [does promotion for a lot of clubs and started off in South Beach], as well as another Milos [forgot his last name] who runs American Social out in Brickell.

But all of them started off marrying for papers. It's a epidemic in South Beach.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Yes-it's true. Trump is right-We Americans are dummies because we have such lax immigration rules so we have to take all the bad immigrants-poor and uneducated-some are hard core criminals. They just walk across the Border in Texas or boat in to Miami or the Keys.
If they walk over the border in Texas, it's illegal. If they boat in to Miami from Cuba, they're considered refugees and our gov welcomes them (or at least they did). I don't know how many boat in Miami from other countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
No, it doesn't cost that much money, it is just that the government officials want to look at your financial statements to see if you are self-sufficient and not there to take jobs. You might have to pony up sizeable assets to prove your self-worth or capital worth is.
I think if a person isn't self-sufficient but has a skill other countries can use, many will accept that person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
But all of them started off marrying for papers. It's a epidemic in South Beach.
I never read/heard anything about whether they stay married or not. If they do, it seems legitimate. I don't know about 10 or 15 years but decades ago many immigrants became better Americans than naturally born Americans.

Old 12-27-2015, 04:32 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,757,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
Your hoping for an economic collapse so people become 'desperate' and then hunt down 'crooks'? Am I reading you right?

Let's face it, appreciating real estate values cut both ways. Rednecks who bought in Miami Beach in the 70s, would be cashing out nicely today. Not just "Hedge Fund Manager Boogeymen", "Drug Dealers" or whoever you guys think lives on Miami Beach. If you were around here in the 70s and didn't buy - that was your mistake. You missed the train to prosperity, and that's no one else's fault.

There are still a lot of good deals in Miami, Overtown all the way to Little Haiti are the places to buy cheap property that surely will skyrocket in 10-20 years.
High property values relative to local incomes are a sign of a sick economy. It is unfair to people in their 20's now to price them out of the market.Anyone who thinks that people living here in the 70's are somehow better than the young people today is disgusting and typical of the bubbleheads. So many great people born here leave because they know that Miami and the beach is a rigged market. Only crooks and manipulators can make it in the mess we have now. Collapse can crush the debt based speculation and give opportunities to new innovation and stop draining so much of their capital for unproductive real estate and property taxes.

Old 12-27-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Collapse can crush the debt based speculation and give opportunities to new innovation and stop draining so much of their capital for unproductive real estate and property taxes.
If they were so innovative they would find a way to make money to buy the real estate. But the demographic that is priced out of Miami Beach are the same demographic that thinks working construction, being a server, or any other blue collar job is enough to buy them property. There is a place for them: it's called Homstead.

Tbh, Miami Beach is too much 'riff-raff' already with the tourists, locals who come to party, and the renters, not to mention homeless population. What it doesn't need is more low income housing to drive down the vibe of this place even more.

There are plenty of 500 sqft, 250k condos available. Fairly affordable, but will keep low income families off the beach and in places like Homstead.

Old 12-27-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I never read/heard anything about whether they stay married or not. If they do, it seems legitimate. I don't know about 10 or 15 years but decades ago many immigrants became better Americans than naturally born Americans.
Don't quote me on this but I believe the magic period is 2 years. Most will divorce, some will find love in this arrangement and marry. Generally speaking they pay 10-15k to some American for the ability to marry them. They often don't even live together, this scam is so transparent but no one cares really here in Miami.

Bottom line, if you want to marry some Eastern European bombshell, come to Miami Beach. I don't know if she will have sex with you in this marriage .. You might need to drop the fee way down from 15k for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami