Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 04:21 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
I can afford it as I live a dual lifestyle in a more expensive city than Rio - Geneva, Switzerland. I just don't have time, my summers are there, and everything else here. I vacation in Rio though, property there is very cheap (unless you're on the water), certainly compared to Geneva.

It's cute you're trying so hard to become personal. I rent? No, I own a town-house and a condo that I rent to others. Shows how insecure you are
The favellas they have in Rio makes Overtown projects look like mansions , there are a plethora of them sitting on a mountain or hillside.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:23 PM

699 posts, read 610,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
The favellas they have in Rio makes Overtown projects look like mansions , there are a plethora of them sitting on a mountain or hillside.
I happen to like the views from the favelas. Vidigal has extraordinary views over Leblon, if Rio was in the USA those neighborhoods would gentrify and houses there would be worth a lot of money, like the Hills in LA. Except it's in Brazil, which is why I have no inclination to invest, and especially live there. It has a long way to go.

Overtown is gentrifying too, but it's not hard to see why it's a bad neighborhood. It doesn't sit on any magnificent real estate like Vidigal does.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:32 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times
Quote:
I happen to like the views from the favelas. Vidigal has extraordinary views over Leblon, if Rio was in the USA those neighborhoods would gentrify and houses there would be worth a lot of money, like the Hills in LA. Except it's in Brazil, which is why I have no inclination to invest, and especially live there. It has a long way to go.

Overtown is gentrifying too, but it's not hard to see why it's a bad neighborhood. It doesn't sit on any magnificent real estate like Vidigal does.
Sorry for the spelling of favela, don't know Portuguese very well. Yea Rio is a beautiful city which I believe will be hosting the 2016 Summer Olympics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xzVGGJcJb4
These favelas are in Rocinha

Old 12-07-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Sorry for the spelling of favela, don't know Portuguese very well. Yea Rio is a beautiful city which I believe will be hosting the 2016 Summer Olympics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xzVGGJcJb4
These favelas are in Rocinha
You can see some of the views I'm talking from here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo8ZSsfb3Mk

Old 12-07-2015, 06:56 PM

301 posts, read 368,489 times
Quote:
I can afford it as I live a dual lifestyle in a more expensive city than Rio - Geneva, Switzerland. I just don't have time, my summers are there, and everything else here. I vacation in Rio though, property there is very cheap (unless you're on the water), certainly compared to Geneva. It's cute you're trying so hard to become personal. I rent? No, I own a town-house and a condo that I rent to others. Shows how insecure you are
You live in Switzerland and South Beach? Hard to believe this ... It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and say anything. I suppose you're also a Formula One Driver part-time? I'm typing this from Leblon right now on Dias Ferreira street (Mods can check this easily). Insecurity? Just got back from a great and satisfying evening at one of Rio's famous Boates

Back to topic - If SoBe is so awesome then why doesn't Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Joe Namath, Jack Nicklaus or Burt Reynolds live there?

Old 12-07-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
It doesn't sit on any magnificent real estate like Vidigal does.
Vidigal is an ugly but safe favela. Only gullible and incompetent tourists get suckered in to favela tours. You have Favelas all over Rio state over-looking the ocean and Vidigal is just one of them.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
You live in Switzerland and South Beach? Hard to believe this ... It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and say anything. I suppose you're also a Formula One Driver part-time? I'm typing this from Leblon right now on Dias Ferreira street (Mods can check this easily). Insecurity? Just got back from a great and satisfying evening at one of Rio's famous Boates
I don't care if you're typing this from Rio, or any other city tbh. I don't care about you, and unlike you not desperate to prove anything over the internet. You can take or not take that I have an apartment in Geneva.

Quote:
Back to topic - If SoBe is so awesome then why doesn't Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Joe Namath, Jack Nicklaus or Burt Reynolds live there?
Lol, with logic like this ....

Quote:
Vidigal is an ugly but safe favela. Only gullible and incompetent tourists get suckered in to favela tours. You have Favelas all over Rio state over-looking the ocean and Vidigal is just one of them.
Vidigal is beautiful, name me a favela with more beautiful views than Vidigal since you claim to live in Rio.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:

Lol, with logic like this ....

Vidigal is beautiful, name me a favela with more beautiful views than Vidigal since you claim to live in Rio.
Interesting how you dodged the question about Jupiter Island vs SoBe. I guess you don't have the financial where-with-all to live among the real players. Sobe is AAA ball compared to the NFL of Palm Beach/Jupiter Island. Vidigal just has nice views-nothing else. It's still a dirty, smelly favela occupied by mostly poor Migrants from the Northeast-many illegally tap in to electricity never paying the bill, and they pay no property taxes-many live for free only paying cable/dish TV/internet. Also criminals and drugs harvest and are harbored in almost all Rio's favelas. However, yes, Vidigal may be the best favela in terms of non-violence and safety. All favelas in South Zone have great views, not just Vidigal.

Last edited by Git Her Done; 12-07-2015 at 09:39 PM..

Old 12-07-2015, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
Interesting how you dodged the question about Jupiter Island vs SoBe. I guess you don't have the financial where-with-all to live among the real players.
Why are you trying to make it out about how much I make? Why do you care? I just said I loved Miami Beach, and South Beach specifically. My wife's family lives in Jupiter, I'm well acquainted with Jupiter Island and Palm Beach, and I don't like them at all. Some people do though, which is their right. As soon as I said I find my Miami Beach my 'heaven' you began foaming at the mouth and becoming personal: asking me my ethnic background and implying you are richer than me. Like I care, but strangely you do.

When it comes to high end real estate, South Beach has more than Jupiter Island or Palm Beach, however unlike Jupiter Island it has many cheaper rental units, and affordable properties. It's truly a place where the rich mingle with the poor.

Take a look : Miami Beach FL Real Estate - 190 Homes For Sale | Zillow

And count the properties over 1 million. There is a 5 bedroom going for 20 million not too far from me. And there are condos going for somewhat affordable rates of about half a million. You can use whatever imagination you have about where I live exactly since you seem to care.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Why are you trying to make it out about how much I make? Why do you care? I just said I loved Miami Beach, and South Beach specifically. My wife's family lives in Jupiter, I'm well acquainted with Jupiter Island and Palm Beach, and I don't like them at all. Some people do though, which is their right. As soon as I said I find my Miami Beach my 'heaven' you began foaming at the mouth and becoming personal: asking me my ethnic background and implying you are richer than me. Like I care, but strangely you do. When it comes to high end real estate, South Beach has more than Jupiter Island or Palm Beach, however unlike Jupiter Island it has many cheaper rental units, and affordable properties. It's truly a place where the rich mingle with the poor. And count the properties over 1 million. There is a 5 bedroom going for 20 million not too far from me. And there are condos going for somewhat affordable rates of about half a million. You can use whatever imagination you have about where I live exactly since you seem to care.
Simple Answer - Miami's real estate is almost 100% deceptive. The Miami market is foreign driven. You wait until the foreigners jump ship or the next Andrew rolls in to town. Like I said, I consider most of Dade County and the Beaches AAA Ball land-I live in the NFL-It is that simple... But if you are happy my friend then do what you want. Have a good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami