Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 07:03 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,757,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
If they were so innovative they would find a way to make money to buy the real estate. But the demographic that is priced out of Miami Beach are the same demographic that thinks working construction, being a server, or any other blue collar job is enough to buy them property. There is a place for them: it's called Homstead.

Tbh, Miami Beach is too much 'riff-raff' already with the tourists, locals who come to party, and the renters, not to mention homeless population. What it doesn't need is more low income housing to drive down the vibe of this place even more.

There are plenty of 500 sqft, 250k condos available. Fairly affordable, but will keep low income families off the beach and in places like Homstead.
There is nowhere in Florida called Homstead. I guess people who cannot spell Homestead should live there, right? There were a lot of laborers who bought homes around Flamingo park and I know someone who's dad worked construction in 1957 and bought a lot with that money in Coral Gables upon which he eventually built a home.

This is the way people make money now.

Bal Harbour to Caracas: Millions in drug money | Miami Herald

Old 12-27-2015, 08:23 PM

301 posts, read 368,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
No, it doesn't cost that much money, it is just that the government officials want to look at your financial statements to see if you are self-sufficient and not there to take jobs. You might have to pony up sizeable assets to prove your self-worth or capital worth is.
And we-The United States-should do the same! We Americans are big Dummies because we take in the the bad immigrants while other countries are smart and only allow in the good financially well immigrants that don't take their jobs. America takes in poor and uneducated immigrants, and they take out jobs, and run up our debt. Go to any urban area Hospitals and look at all the illegals waiting in the ER! Who is paying for that? WE ARE-THE TAX PAYERS! We are s dumb!

Old 12-27-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
That's funny because that's what the majority of trashy immigrants do on South Beach, to stay in America. They are mostly from Eastern Europe (Serbian, Bulgarian, Russian). In fact, if you want to network here on South Beach and get into the upscale clubs for free-without waiting in lines and sometimes with free drink tickets-it's best to network with the Serbian/Montenegrin crowd here. They are all social climbers, money obsessed and tend to work as promoters or bouncers for the clubs. Ex Nenad Petrovic and Boban [forgot his last name] get me into Mynt. Another Petar [forgot his last name] works security at "Don't Sit on the Furniture" as well as the strip club Madonnas. Then there is Milos Klimovic who runs Talent Nation [does promotion for a lot of clubs and started off in South Beach], as well as another Milos [forgot his last name] who runs American Social out in Brickell. But all of them started off marrying for papers. It's a epidemic in South Beach.
And you love living in South Beach?

Old 12-27-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Don't quote me on this but I believe the magic period is 2 years. Most will divorce, some will find love in this arrangement and marry. Generally speaking they pay 10-15k to some American for the ability to marry them. They often don't even live together, this scam is so transparent but no one cares really here in Miami. Bottom line, if you want to marry some Eastern European bombshell, come to Miami Beach. I don't know if she will have sex with you in this marriage .. You might need to drop the fee way down from 15k for that.
Despicable!

Old 12-27-2015, 10:10 PM

699 posts, read 611,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
There is nowhere in Florida called Homstead. I guess people who cannot spell Homestead should live there, right?
Spelling Homestead correctly won't, by itself, get you the money to buy some property here. So I suggest you move your talents somewhere where it pays.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
Despicable!
Maybe for their fathers and mothers. I especially wouldn't want to be a father to some of these women and what they do to stay and make ends meet while they rent at the Flamingo.

But despicable for me? No. For America? They are smart, you have to give them credit for that, and determined. Unlike what the bible says, the meek never seem to inherit the earth.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:32 PM

The Flamingo Condo in South Beach is filled with the WORST kind of scummy immigrants you will ever see in your life! The parking garage alone is a 24 hour Nascar Race! It's a free-for-all place to live and no rules! FREELOADERS, SELF ENTITLED IMMIGRANTS WITH ZERO RESPECT FOR ANYONE OR ANYTHING! Despicable!

Old 12-27-2015, 10:46 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,815 times
Quote:
Don't quote me on this but I believe the magic period is 2 years. Most will divorce, some will find love in this arrangement and marry. Generally speaking they pay 10-15k to some American for the ability to marry them. They often don't even live together, this scam is so transparent but no one cares really here in Miami.

Bottom line, if you want to marry some Eastern European bombshell, come to Miami Beach. I don't know if she will have sex with you in this marriage .. You might need to drop the fee way down from 15k for that.
That's illegitimate to me. The period of time of the marriage should be 8-10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
Despicable!
Agreed.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:17 PM

604 posts, read 618,850 times
Quote:
Don't quote me on this but I believe the magic period is 2 years.
The law states 2 years.

But courts have enforced that a bona fide marriage (i.e. not intended for immigration purposes) should not be tested on its duration, opening the door for even shorter marriages.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
The law states 2 years.

But courts have enforced that a bona fide marriage (i.e. not intended for immigration purposes) should not be tested on its duration, opening the door for even shorter marriages.
Besides some minor people I talk to here and there who have done it, I don't know anything about this. I'm way too old fashioned to marry someone for papers. I still believe in the institution of marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami