Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 08:36 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,540,013 times

Advertisements

Curious if anyone has any actual data on how overall businesses are doing at BCC....clearly the state of the typical mall is on the decline as online sales have taken a good share of their previous business. BCC is sheltered, to some extent, by the fact many of its retailers are high end clothing brands that consumers wish to try on in person rather than just ordering via Amazon (if they even carry all of the brands) and this mall is not anchored by your typical Nordstroms that you can find in 100+ other cities.

My visual experience, without concrete data, tells me BCC is never THAT crowded on an average day. Hoping it is able to buck the trend, like Bal Harbour and Aventura, but would love to see some data if one can find and post it (I've been unable to find any data myself online). More interested in dollar sales than foot traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 12:54 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,806,193 times
I have no idea, all I know is my wife has contributed a lot to BCC, lol.

Old 12-29-2017, 05:40 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,192,944 times
That would be interesting to see. I always pass by to see how things are going and all I see is a dead mall (Town & Country circa early 2000's). It feels that it lacks a certain kind of definition to attract people. Lack of a defined parking service (besides the one at the mall proper) could be contributing to its current presence as well. I also believe that the pedestrian-to-building interactivity is rather poor. You don't feel a connection to that building unless you care to go inside. That might work in a suburban setting, but in a city, you need interesting programs on the first floor pulling the pedestrian into the building. I would say their anchor attractions revolve around the few restaurants on the second floor.

If you ever come across data stating BCC is successful, try to look deeper into how they got to those numbers.

Old 12-29-2017, 05:54 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,192,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I have no idea, all I know is my wife has contributed a lot to BCC, lol.
I know lol!! I think women are malls' last devoted clientele.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:25 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,010,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
If you ever come across data stating BCC is successful, try to look deeper into how they got to those numbers.
I'm sure it will be sales per square foot, as that is the standard metric by which all malls/shopping centers are measured.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:45 PM

234 posts, read 387,903 times
Simon Property Group runs the retail component of BCC. Simon is a publicly traded REIT so their financial statements might have some statistics on BCC. Simon also owns Aventura Mall and Dadeland Mall. To me Aventura and Dadeland seem to have a lot more traffic than BCC.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:52 PM

14,047 posts, read 13,920,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Curious if anyone has any actual data on how overall businesses are doing at BCC....clearly the state of the typical mall is on the decline as online sales have taken a good share of their previous business. BCC is sheltered, to some extent, by the fact many of its retailers are high end clothing brands that consumers wish to try on in person rather than just ordering via Amazon (if they even carry all of the brands) and this mall is not anchored by your typical Nordstroms that you can find in 100+ other cities.

My visual experience, without concrete data, tells me BCC is never THAT crowded on an average day. Hoping it is able to buck the trend, like Bal Harbour and Aventura, but would love to see some data if one can find and post it (I've been unable to find any data myself online). More interested in dollar sales than foot traffic.
It busy on weekends

Old 12-29-2017, 09:47 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,936,812 times
I want to check it out next time I'm in Miami. I love those kinds of shopping centers / malls. What I don't like is the traditional mall with ugly architecture, lighting etc.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:23 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,540,013 times
I am there at least once a week for lunch, will go more often when that Italian food hall opens. Apple Store is great--very good service. Hoping CMX Cinemas service has improved since I first went when it opened.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:59 AM

3,195 posts, read 2,651,397 times
I went when it first opened in January, and it was dead and half the stores weren't open. I went again a couple months ago and on the weekend, dead again. Miami just has too many malls in a small radius and BCC is nothing groundbreaking either and holy crap is it overpriced too. Only good thing is David's Tea, nice to see a Canadian tea shop in the states. But yeah, it's always dead there and people would rather go to Dolphin, Aventura or Sawgrass for shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami